Language Modeling ResearcherApply Location Aachen, Germany
Wir bei Nuance ermöglichen es den Menschen problemlos mit ihren vernetzten Geräten und der digitalen Welt zu kommunizieren. Indem wir eine Welt schaffen, in der Menschen auf natürliche und intuitive Art und Weise mit Technik interagieren können, tragen wir dazu bei, dass die Technik dem menschlichen Handeln und Denken immer ähnlicher wird.
Unsere dynamische Technologie verwendet Analysetools und fortschrittlichste Algorithmen, um Gebrauchsgegenstände zum Leben zu erwecken und somit alltägliche Prozesse zu vereinfachen.
Werden Sie Teil unseres Mobile Team…; intelligente Systeme für unterwegs. Unsere Leidenschaft gilt der Entwicklung von intelligenten Interfaces, die es Menschen ermöglichen allein mit Hilfe ihrer Stimme mit ihren Autos, Smartphones und anderen Geräten zu kommunizieren.
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Mobile team…;intelligent systems now ready for the road. We are passionate about developing intelligent interfaces that enable people to talk to their cars, phones, devices, and other smart “things”.
Our R&D Language Modeling Group is looking for a Language Modeling Researcher to work with on challenging research problems that have a concrete impact on real-world applications, such as in-car assistants, home entertainment systems and healthcare technology – the work you do will impact real users on a daily basis.
You’ll perform a role mixing both research and development of cutting edge technologies by staying current on state-of-the-art algorithms in related fields; evaluating the usage patterns of customers via big data analysis; building models to improve core ASR accuracy of individual products and contributing to the model building codebase, including our deep learning toolkit.
- Conduct experiments to assess the quality of language models and study the effect of language modeling variants and ancillary natural language processing technology (such as auto-punctuation) on speech recognition accuracy.
- Identify, optimize, and cluster training data.
- Analyse product usage data to identify areas of possible improvement or enhancement of language modelling process, method, and NLP techniques.
- Implement of improved training recipes and NLP prototypes utilizing primarily Python and/or Perl
- Discuss and present ideas, progress, and results within the research team.
- Improve language modelling performance in multiple languages.
You will have::
- Advanced degree (Master or PhD) in computer science, applied mathematics, or a related field
- Additional Studies in speech technology, computational linguistics, language technology, statistical machine translation, or natural language processing
- If recently graduated then some kind of relevant experience or internship
- Significant experience using Unix/Linux and shell scripting in Perl / Python
- Solid written and oral communication skills in English
Preferred but not essential:
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills
- 2+ years of professional development experience
- Explicit (industry or academic) experience with large vocabulary speech recognition
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas: machine learning, statistical modelling, deep learning, numerical optimization, data mining, algorithm design, software engineering,
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Our employees spend their days reinventing the relationship between people and technology. Join Nuance and help shape the future. Hear from members of our global team. Click profiles to learn more.
Close Employee InformationArvind K. R&D Pune, India
Innovation: Nuance is like a $2-billion start-up. There are so many things we are doing for the first time, but the scale is huge and the machinery is complex.
We are a matrix organization: It is challenging but very rewarding to build collaborations with stakeholders that are halfway around the world.
Impact: It boggles the mind to think that such a simple thing like software can not only change lives, but actually save lives. And finally, to paraphrase a quote from an unknown source: You have to be a little bit crazy to work at Nuance, but you have to be completely crazy to work anywhere else.
Close Employee InformationShauna D. Human Resources Burlington, United States
The global HR team is incredibly collaborative and creative. The work environment here at Nuance is diverse, dynamic - offering opportunities to challenge myself, while allowing me to have sound work-life balance.
Close Employee InformationVaidehi K. R&D Bangalore, India
“I like having the opportunity to work with different teams in Healthcare and I have been fortunate to make strong contacts over the years. I enjoy the fact that there are constantly new and diverse challenges and that I get to explore and learn new things every day.”
Close Employee InformationAnja L. Sales Aachen, Germany
I love being part of a team that is creating innovative strategies and building solutions for the world’s biggest companies. We’re changing how people interact with the technology they use every day— like their car—and that’s an incredible feeling!
Working at Nuance
With more than 13,500 employees and 45 offices around the world, we strive to create an exciting, collaborative, and supportive work environment.Learn More
As a key member of our team, you will expand your technical skills exponentially, grow your professional network, and work alongside some of the best and brightest in the world!Learn More
- Tweets by NuanceHealth