Senior Research Scientist, Language ModelingApply Location Aachen, North Rhine-Westphalia
Wir bei Nuance ermöglichen es den Menschen problemlos mit ihren vernetzten Geräten und der digitalen Welt zu kommunizieren.
Indem wir eine Welt schaffen, in der Menschen auf natürliche und intuitive Art und Weise mit Technik interagieren können, tragen wir dazu bei, dass die Technik dem menschlichen Handeln und Denken immer ähnlicher wird.
Unsere dynamische Technologie verwendet Analysetools und fortschrittlichste Algorithmen, um Gebrauchsgegenstände zum Leben zu erwecken und somit alltägliche Prozesse zu vereinfachen.
Werden Sie Teil unseres Mobile Teams… intelligente Systeme für unterwegs. Unsere Leidenschaft gilt der Entwicklung von intelligenten Interfaces, die es Menschen ermöglichen allein mit Hilfe ihrer Stimme mit ihren Autos, Smartphones und anderen Geräten zu kommunizieren.
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Mobile team…intelligent systems now ready for the road. We are passionate about developing intelligent interfaces that enable people to talk to their cars, phones, devices, and other smart “things”.
Understand the usage patterns of Nuance customers via big data analysis; build models to improve core ASR accuracy of individual products; contribute to the model building codebase, including our deep learning toolkit; and stay current on state-of-the-art algorithms in related fields
- Conducting experiments to assess the quality of language models and study the effect of language modeling variants and ancillary natural language processing technology (such as auto-punctuation) on speech recognition accuracy.
- Identifying, optimizing, and clustering training data.
- Analyzing product usage data in order to identify areas of possible improvement or enhancement of language modeling process, method, and NLP techniques.
- Implementation of improved training recipes and NLP prototypes utilizing C/C++, Perl, and Python.
- Discussing and presenting ideas and results within the team, reporting progress on a regular basis
- Improving language modeling performance in multiple languages
- Background in speech technology, statistical machine translation, or natural language processing
- Excellent programming skills (C/C++, Python) with knowledge of standard data structures and algorithms
- Experience using Unix/Linux and shell scripting
- Solid written and oral communication skills (English)
- Explicit (industry or academic) experience with large vocabulary speech recognition
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas: machine learning, statistical modeling, deep learning, numerical optimization, data mining, algorithm design, software engineering, computational linguistics
- Experience in research management
Education: Advanced degree (PhD) in computer science, computational linguistics, applied mathematics, or a related field
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf . If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5000 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Our employees spend their days reinventing between people technology. Join Nuance and help shape the future. Hear from members of our global team. Click profiles to learn more.
Close Employee InformationArvind K. R&D Pune, India
Innovation: Nuance is like a $2-billion start-up. There are so many things we are doing for the first time, but the scale is huge and the machinery is complex.
We are a matrix organization: It is challenging but very rewarding to build collaborations with stakeholders that are halfway around the world.
Impact: It boggles the mind to think that such a simple thing like software can not only change lives, but actually save lives. And finally, to paraphrase a quote from an unknown source: You have to be a little bit crazy to work at Nuance, but you have to be completely crazy to work anywhere else.
Close Employee InformationShauna D. Human Resources Burlington, United States
The global HR team is incredibly collaborative and creative. The work environment here at Nuance is diverse, dynamic - offering opportunities to challenge myself, while allowing me to have sound work-life balance.
Close Employee InformationDavid D. R&D Waterloo, Canada
“It’s all about the team here: Smart people working together to achieve our vision. Nuance is a company where folks work hard, exchange ideas, challenge the status quo, and build consensus to drive our solutions forward."
Close Employee InformationVaidehi K. R&D Bangalore, India
“I like having the opportunity to work with different teams in Healthcare and I have been fortunate to make strong contacts over the years. I enjoy the fact that there are constantly new and diverse challenges and that I get to explore and learn new things every day.”
Close Employee InformationEric T. Human Resources Atlanta, United States
It was the great Will Rogers who said… “If you want to be successful, it’s just this simple. Know what you are doing. Love what you are doing. And believe in what you are doing.” Here at Nuance –the work has always been challenging, demanding beyond belief, but in the service of others it’s fulfilling. I believe I’m making a difference. I believe together we’re making a difference. This is why I’m here.
Close Employee InformationAnja L. Sales Aachen, Germany
I love being part of a team that is creating innovative strategies and building solutions for the world’s biggest companies. We’re changing how people interact with the technology they use every day— like their car—and that’s an incredible feeling!
Working at Nuance
With more than 13,500 employees and 45 offices around the world, we strive to create an exciting, collaborative, and supportive work environment.Learn More
As a key member of our team, you will expand your technical skills exponentially, grow your professional network, and work alongside some of the best and brightest in the world!Learn More
- Tweets about from:NuanceHealth OR from:NuanceEnt OR from:NuanceHealth OR from:DragonTweets OR from:NuanceImage