Find Nuance jobs that match your profile.
NLU ManagerApply Job ID 1-41925 Date posted 07/29/2019 Location Bellevue, Washington
Today, we have some exciting news to share, as we officially announce the name of Nuance’s upcoming Automotive spin-off: Cerence! Upon spinning off from Nuance on October 1, our Automotive team will begin a new journey as Cerence, a pure-play, next-generation automotive software company fully focused on providing intelligent mobility solutions to our customers. “Cer” that rhymes with “air,” “ence” that rhymes with “sense,” Cerence is a new word for a new company. Visit cerence.com to follow along with our journey!
The candidate will manage a team of NLU developers located in Bellevue, WA. The team’s purpose will be to develop NLU tools and models for Automotive customers. They will work closely with project teams to analyze customer requirements and with Language Experts to localize NLU models for various languages.
Principal duties and responsibilities
- NLU development in automotive projects, in particular:
- Mange team of NLU Specialists.
- Analysis of customer requirements for realizing NLU on embedded platforms.
- Work with R&D teams on improving techniques and processes
- Work project teams to estimate and schedule required work
Knowledge, skills and qualifications
Education: Master’s degree in Computational Linguistics, Computer Science, Information technology or a comparable field.
Minimum years of work experience: 7
- Effective people manager
- Ability to lead and provide vision.
- Customer focus
- Experience with machine learning techniques
- Experiences in programming (particularly Python and regular expressions).
- Good listener and communicator, who can represent Nuance professional services at the customer’s premises or in written and oral communications with customers.
- Positive "can-do" attitude, well organized, focusing on achieving results cost-effectively.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Ability to work independently, including at customer premises, but always as part of the NLU team.
- Self-learner, with sense of initiative, and perseverance to deliver high quality work
- Experience with Natural Language Understanding or statistical / semantic language modelling.
- Experience with C# or Java, SQL database programming
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
You have not viewed any jobs recently
I recently rejoined Nuance because I love having the privilege of working with a diverse team of nice and talented individuals to drive customer satisfaction. Having the flexibility within my role to get stuff done while maintaining a good work-life balance.Martin General Manager
I fell in love with Nuance especially the innovative platforms we create and we impact people’s lives. The work I do every day at Nuance makes a difference and I know when I go home that I truly did something meaningful and important.Vishnu Tech Support
I have been working in the Healthcare industry for close to 20 years and have marveled at how Nuance has been able to keep up with the industry changes and challenges. Every day I am challenged, and every day I make sure the customer comes first. The culture and employees at Nuance are wonderful. I am proud to work for such a dynamic and diverse company and I look forward to the future growth.Kristen Inside Sales
I work with some of the smartest colleagues in the industry to turn leading technology and innovative ideas into products and solutions that solve real life problems and have a positive impact on people. I love the flexibility of working.Martin Product Manager
Life at Nuance
We believe in an inclusive culture founded in innovation, life-long development, community impact, and flexible benefits programs so that you can be your best every day.Learn More
Industries we Serve
Nuance can develop industry-specific solutions for your businessLearn More
- Tweets by NuanceInc