Find Nuance jobs that match your profile.
NLU SpecialistApply Job ID 1-40724 Date posted 08/04/2019 Location Bellevue, Washington
Today, we have some exciting news to share, as we officially announce the name of Nuance’s upcoming Automotive spin-off: Cerence! Upon spinning off from Nuance on October 1, our Automotive team will begin a new journey as Cerence, a pure-play, next-generation automotive software company fully focused on providing intelligent mobility solutions to our customers. “Cer” that rhymes with “air,” “ence” that rhymes with “sense,” Cerence is a new word for a new company. Visit cerence.com to follow along with our journey!
Summary: The NLU Specialist will develop NLU models for Automotive customers. He or She will work closely with project team to analyze customer requirements and with Language Experts to localize NLU models for various languages.
Responsibilities: NLU development in automotive projects, in particular:
• Analysis of customer requirements for realizing NLU on embedded platforms.
• In accordance to customer requirement analysis, specifying data needed to train NLU models.
• Collect, analyze, and process text and audio data in the target language in order to build a target language model.
• Contribute to the development of tools and procedures with the scope of optimize and simplify the activities of NLU data procurement and NLU contexts development.
• Work with application development engineers and QA teams within the scope of one or more customer projects to realize the project deliverables.
• Support our customers’ speech software teams to help them evaluate and integrate Nuance NLU technology into successful products in an efficient way.
Number of Years of Work Experience: 3
- Costumer focus
- Experiences in programming (particularly Python and regular expressions).
- Team player.
- Ability to manage external part time workers.
- Good listener and communicator, who can represent Nuance professional services at the customer’s premises or in written and oral communications with customers.
- Positive "can-do" attitude, well organized, focusing on achieving results cost-effectively.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Ability to work independently, including at customer premises, but always as part of the NLU team.
- Self-learner, with sense of initiative, and perseverance to deliver high quality work
- Experience with Natural Language Understanding or statistical / semantic language modelling.
- Facility with Bash
- Experience with C# or Java, SQL database programming
- Native or near native proficiency in Korean, Portuguese
Education: Master’s degree in Computational Linguistics, Computer Science, Information technology or a compareable field.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
You have not viewed any jobs recently
I recently rejoined Nuance because I love having the privilege of working with a diverse team of nice and talented individuals to drive customer satisfaction. Having the flexibility within my role to get stuff done while maintaining a good work-life balance.Martin General Manager
I fell in love with Nuance especially the innovative platforms we create and we impact people’s lives. The work I do every day at Nuance makes a difference and I know when I go home that I truly did something meaningful and important.Vishnu Tech Support
I have been working in the Healthcare industry for close to 20 years and have marveled at how Nuance has been able to keep up with the industry changes and challenges. Every day I am challenged, and every day I make sure the customer comes first. The culture and employees at Nuance are wonderful. I am proud to work for such a dynamic and diverse company and I look forward to the future growth.Kristen Inside Sales
I work with some of the smartest colleagues in the industry to turn leading technology and innovative ideas into products and solutions that solve real life problems and have a positive impact on people. I love the flexibility of working.Martin Product Manager
Life at Nuance
We believe in an inclusive culture founded in innovation, life-long development, community impact, and flexible benefits programs so that you can be your best every day.Learn More
Industries we Serve
Nuance can develop industry-specific solutions for your businessLearn More
- Tweets by NuanceInc