General Ledger AccountantApply Location Bengaluru, India
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Core responsibilities of this role will encompass processing of accounting transactions. This will include but will not be limited to the timely preparation of monthly journal entries and preparation and reconciliation of accounts to ensure that the Nuance Global reporting timetable is met. Additional responsibilities may include, amongst other treasury duties/fiscal and compliance support/account analysis. Critical success factors of this role include teamwork, flexibility and a strong desire to learn in a fast-paced environment
Principal duties and responsibilities:
• Prepare and post GL monthly journal entries with detailed supporting documentation to provide a clear audit trail
• Ensure all balance sheet accounts are reconciled and analyzed, to a high standard on a monthly basis and in accordance with the Global reporting timetable
• Review of assigned accounts and preparation of detailed FLUX analysis, including where appropriate researching, documenting and resolving variances.
• Manage the timely review and resolution of uncleared account items and work collaboratively across the wider Finance team for resolution
• Manage completion the closing checklist for assigned accounts
• Perform monthly, quarterly, and annual closing activities,
• Preparation of quality reconciliations/schedules/analysis
• Seek ongoing process improvement, making recommendations and suggestions, helping to implement as appropriate
• Delivering on ad hoc projects/tasks
• Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing
Education:Professionally qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
Minimum years of work experience:2
• Strong accounting skills; core principles and concepts
• Knowledge and expertise in Oracle desirable
• Strong Microsoft office skills (EXCEL, Word, PowerPoint).
• Experience of working for a US or International multinational
• Proven ability to meet deadlines, multi-task and prioritise
• Proactive approach to solving problems
• Ability to work flexibly in a dynamic environment with multiple and changing priorities while establishing and meeting deadlines in a fast-moving, high-growth environment
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written in English, a second language an advantage
• Positive attitude, self-motivated, hard working.
• Delights in delivering excellent customer experience
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Our employees spend their days reinventing the relationship between people and technology. Join Nuance and help shape the future. Hear from members of our global team. Click profiles to learn more.
Close Employee InformationArvind K. R&D Pune, India
Innovation: Nuance is like a $2-billion start-up. There are so many things we are doing for the first time, but the scale is huge and the machinery is complex.
We are a matrix organization: It is challenging but very rewarding to build collaborations with stakeholders that are halfway around the world.
Impact: It boggles the mind to think that such a simple thing like software can not only change lives, but actually save lives. And finally, to paraphrase a quote from an unknown source: You have to be a little bit crazy to work at Nuance, but you have to be completely crazy to work anywhere else.
Close Employee InformationShauna D. Human Resources Burlington, United States
The global HR team is incredibly collaborative and creative. The work environment here at Nuance is diverse, dynamic - offering opportunities to challenge myself, while allowing me to have sound work-life balance.
Close Employee InformationVaidehi K. R&D Bangalore, India
“I like having the opportunity to work with different teams in Healthcare and I have been fortunate to make strong contacts over the years. I enjoy the fact that there are constantly new and diverse challenges and that I get to explore and learn new things every day.”
Close Employee InformationAnja L. Sales Aachen, Germany
I love being part of a team that is creating innovative strategies and building solutions for the world’s biggest companies. We’re changing how people interact with the technology they use every day— like their car—and that’s an incredible feeling!
Working at Nuance
With more than 13,500 employees and 45 offices around the world, we strive to create an exciting, collaborative, and supportive work environment.Learn More
As a key member of our team, you will expand your technical skills exponentially, grow your professional network, and work alongside some of the best and brightest in the world!Learn More
- Tweets by NuanceHealth