Junior Speech & Data ScientistApply Location Bengaluru, India
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Enterprise team…;great customer service starts here. We design virtual assistants for intelligent and effortless customer service helping customers find the information they need using whatever channel they prefer.
At Nuance Communications, everything we do is focused on developing the most human, natural, intuitive ways to use your voice to take command of information. Our people and our technology have pioneered the highest functioning speech software in the world, ceaselessly perfecting the ability for machines to recognize and emulate the human voice. We design and deliver technologies that intuitively link man, machine and the global storehouse of knowledge to help companies and consumers work seamlessly and intelligently with the world.
Want to work on cutting-edge speech applications? Want to directly see the results of your efforts in improving billions of user interactions with automated systems annually? Want to work with colleagues who appreciate your independence and creativity? Join Nuance Communications, the leader in speech and language recognition, as a Speech and Data Scientist.
Note :The candidate needs computational linguistics, speech science or equivalent, and phonetic skills as background knowledge. Experience with Text-To-Speech, Automatic Speech Recognition, scripting skills and experience with regular expressions are preferable.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
As a Speech and Data Scientist in the Professional Services group, you will work on automated speech recognition and natural language processing applications, covering a broad range of activities in all project phases, including the design, development, and optimization of the system. You will:
- Work across application development teams to ensure best possible recognition performance and user experience in deployed systems
- Design, develop, and test grammars and create grammars for dynamic contexts, including natural language understanding (NLU) statistical language and semantic models.
- Analyze performance of applications by identifying hot-spots, assessing caller and user navigational success, along with recognition accuracy.
- Make recommendations related to call flow and prompting, optimize recognition performance by improving grammars, statistical semantic models, recognition parameters, dictionaries, and acoustic models
- Deliver analysis results to our customers to help drive their customer care application performance forward. Come up with creative new ideas to improve experience and increase automation
- Develop methodologies, scripts, procedures that improve efficiency and quality
- Develop tools and enhance algorithms that facilitate development of new systems and optimization of language processing and speech recognition componentsProvide input into the design of future product releases, working with Product, R&D, and other groups
- Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing
Education:BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Cognitive Science, Computational Linguistics, Physics, Mathematics, or related field
Minimum years of work experience:0-1
- Passion about working with customers to optimize systems for their unique requirements and to apply empirical data to generate successes.
- Motivated to work with PS leaders and Sales to recommend creative solutions that lead to new business.
- Highly independent and capable of fulfilling multiple project commitments concurrently
- Good Analytical skill
- Passionate about analyzing data to solve problems and improve systems
- Good programming skills, preferably with a scripting language such as Perl or Python
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, as well as the ability to work as part of a project team
- Ability to scope work taking technical, business and time-frame constraints into consideration
- Ability to travel outside Base location, if needed
- Coursework or previous Project work experience in human computer interaction, usability studies, or statistics
- Strong programming skills in either Perl, Python, Java, C/C++, SQL
Experience with statistical software such as R
- A background in Data Science, or related fields
- Speech recognition knowledge, understanding of speech recognition, text classification, or other machine learning algorithms
- Familiarity with Virtual Agents(chat bots), ASR platforms and APIs
- Experience with pattern recognition, machine learning, linguistics, or signal processing knowledge
- Knowledge of statistical data analysis
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Our employees spend their days reinventing the relationship between people and technology. Join Nuance and help shape the future. Hear from members of our global team. Click profiles to learn more.
Close Employee InformationArvind K. R&D Pune, India
Innovation: Nuance is like a $2-billion start-up. There are so many things we are doing for the first time, but the scale is huge and the machinery is complex.
We are a matrix organization: It is challenging but very rewarding to build collaborations with stakeholders that are halfway around the world.
Impact: It boggles the mind to think that such a simple thing like software can not only change lives, but actually save lives. And finally, to paraphrase a quote from an unknown source: You have to be a little bit crazy to work at Nuance, but you have to be completely crazy to work anywhere else.
Close Employee InformationShauna D. Human Resources Burlington, United States
The global HR team is incredibly collaborative and creative. The work environment here at Nuance is diverse, dynamic - offering opportunities to challenge myself, while allowing me to have sound work-life balance.
Close Employee InformationVaidehi K. R&D Bangalore, India
“I like having the opportunity to work with different teams in Healthcare and I have been fortunate to make strong contacts over the years. I enjoy the fact that there are constantly new and diverse challenges and that I get to explore and learn new things every day.”
Close Employee InformationAnja L. Sales Aachen, Germany
I love being part of a team that is creating innovative strategies and building solutions for the world’s biggest companies. We’re changing how people interact with the technology they use every day— like their car—and that’s an incredible feeling!
Working at Nuance
With more than 13,500 employees and 45 offices around the world, we strive to create an exciting, collaborative, and supportive work environment.Learn More
As a key member of our team, you will expand your technical skills exponentially, grow your professional network, and work alongside some of the best and brightest in the world!Learn More
- Tweets by NuanceHealth