Find Nuance jobs that match your profile.
Research Engineer – DL ToolsApply Job ID 1-41678 Date posted 07/30/2019 Location Bengaluru, India
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology. Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Summary: We have an exciting opportunity for a software developer looking to work in deep learning - we are currently hiring a Research Engineer to work in our Tools Research group, responsible for the development and maintenance of key ASR/NLU model training toolkits and work in an agile/scrum environment to enable research-facing functionalities, deliver high quality software, respond user requests and inquiries.
The position is temp with goal to subsequently convert to a sustained role.
Responsibilities: As a research engineer in the tools team, you will work with technical lead and team members to:
• Work with researchers and engineers to design, develop and evaluate research tools, support both fast research cycles and stable production code.
• Implement new features, which may come from researchers or tool users, into the toolkit
• Improve performance (speed, efficiency, and robustness) of the toolkit
• Evaluate, prototype and introduce new technologies to the toolkit
• Maintain high quality software
• Respond user requests and inquiries
• Participate in continuous learning of deep learning/machine learning technologies
Number of Years of Work Experience: 0-2
• Excellent Python programming skills.
• Solid Unix/Linux knowledge and shell scripting.
• Hands-on experience with neural networks/deep learning training system
• Experience in deep learning frameworks such as Tensorflow, tensor2tensor
• Demonstrate continuous learning and result-driven attitude.
• Experience in Cloud environment, Slurm, Kubernetes, Kubeflow, Docker, Singularity
• Experience in development and maintenance of large software system and/or opensource software
• Solid understanding of ML pipelines: data processing, feature extraction, modelling, training, deployment, monitoring
• Proficient with both Python and C++
• Experience with multi-disciplinary global teams, work with remote teams
Education: M.S. in Computer Science 2+ yr experience or PhD in ML/ASR/NLP
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
You have not viewed any jobs recently
I recently rejoined Nuance because I love having the privilege of working with a diverse team of nice and talented individuals to drive customer satisfaction. Having the flexibility within my role to get stuff done while maintaining a good work-life balance.Martin General Manager
I fell in love with Nuance especially the innovative platforms we create and we impact people’s lives. The work I do every day at Nuance makes a difference and I know when I go home that I truly did something meaningful and important.Vishnu Tech Support
I have been working in the Healthcare industry for close to 20 years and have marveled at how Nuance has been able to keep up with the industry changes and challenges. Every day I am challenged, and every day I make sure the customer comes first. The culture and employees at Nuance are wonderful. I am proud to work for such a dynamic and diverse company and I look forward to the future growth.Kristen Inside Sales
I work with some of the smartest colleagues in the industry to turn leading technology and innovative ideas into products and solutions that solve real life problems and have a positive impact on people. I love the flexibility of working.Martin Product Manager
Life at Nuance
We believe in an inclusive culture founded in innovation, life-long development, community impact, and flexible benefits programs so that you can be your best every day.Learn More
Industries we Serve
Nuance can develop industry-specific solutions for your businessLearn More
- Tweets by NuanceInc