Find Nuance jobs that match your profile.
Chief Information Security OfficerApply Job ID 1-40114 Date posted 04/11/2019 Location Burlington, Massachusetts
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
The Nuance Global IT team is focused on supporting the company and employees with technical solutions and expertise that help the business run more efficiently, ensure security and data privacy, and support new IT infrastructure initiatives that drive innovation. Our team is composed of problem solvers with constant curiosity and different perspectives who love to collaborate to transform and rethink IT.
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) is a business/technology executive who will be responsible for providing leadership in a comprehensive Information Security and Data Privacy program and ensuring compliance. This leader will bring hands-on as well as strategic thought leadership at the Nuance executive level regarding security, technology and products and create strong partnerships across business units and functional groups to deliver competitive advantage and provide organizational leadership as they drive Nuance and organizational initiatives across the company.
The Corporate Information Security group is focused on partnering with the business units to design secure products, monitoring Nuance’s security environment, and partnering with other functional groups to drive Nuance’s enterprise. The CISO is critical to enabling Nuance to deliver its strategy while protecting the security and integrity of customer data and Nuance’s overall brand in the marketplace. The CISO will partner very closely with the executive leadership of the organization and business unit security, infrastructure and product development communities to measure and monitor the security health of their businesses.
The CISO will be comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative, highly matrixed environment, developing a strategy for Nuance and the organization and a roadmap to achieve strategic goals. The person in this role must have a proven track record of hiring, developing and growing technical talent, strong executive presence and demonstrate outstanding communication skills. The CISO will lead a team of five technical security leaders as they guide the organization in areas that are very dynamic, increasingly complex, and involve partnering with organizations and leaders across Nuance. The CISO will be responsible for the areas of security engineering, security operations, governance, risk, compliance, physical security and security awareness across the company.
• Security Strategy – Develop and execute an enterprise wide security strategy and roadmap that mitigates risk through the right balance of security measures and operational flexibility.
• Standards and Guidelines – Establish policies, procedures, standards and guidelines that enable Nuance’s security strategy.
• Threat Assessment and Scenario Planning – Identify security vulnerabilities and risks associated with Nuance’s operations, including partnering with business units to build threat assessment into the product design and development processes.
• Advanced Detection and Containment – Build an industry leading detection and containment capability that will identify and mitigate sophisticated cyber-attacks against Nuance.
• Day-to-Day Security Operations – Ensure operational procedures enforcing security are effective and optimal, including assessing and testing for vulnerabilities.
• Incident Response – Respond to and resolve security exposures and incidents.
• Security Engineering – Work directly with the business units and CTO Research & Development group to ensure that the right security capabilities are built into the SDLC, offerings, enterprise processes and tools through reusable technology (services-oriented architecture). Oversee the evaluation, selection and implementation of information security tools.
• Integrity of Critical Business Operations – Participate in the formation and execution of business continuity planning, and drive disaster recovery planning and execution across multiple business and geographic sites.
• Security Compliance and Audits – Manager internal and external assessments of security, disaster recovery and compliance (certification and accreditation).
• Education and Training – Provide security awareness training, information and education to employees, partners and customers.
• Cloud Security – Develop and operate optimal security processes, tools and consulting services for hosting secure applications in the cloud.
• Security Metrics and Reporting – Develop and maintain a program that informs business unit and functional group leadership of the top security risks and overall security health of their organizations.
• Sales and Customer interaction – including pre-Sales support, meeting regularly with Nuance customers, customer contract review, RFP response, and customer audit facilitation.
• Global Protective Services - Keeping security front and center of the Nuance mindset and training people to avoid risk.
• Prior experience as a Chief Information Security Officer is highly desirable.
• DoD Security Clearance is highly desirable.
• Ten+ years significant hands on experience in companies with significant on-line business, multiple business units, many products/ solutions, $1B+ in annual revenue, and thousands of employees.
• Proven, solid management experience and track record building strong teams and developing leadership excellence at all levels.
• Ten+ years of experience leading and influencing teams in a matrix management environment.
• Ability to be an effective leader in a fast-paced pressure environment and an ability to be highly adaptive.
• Effective in building company-wide relationships with senior technical, functional and business leaders to set long-term strategies and to assess and act on short-term objectives and needs.
• Experienced in and able to formulate the cost benefit of security initiatives in the context of overall business risk mitigation and the company’s operational objectives. Ability to compare, contrast and prioritize among alternative approaches to meet those objectives.
• Understanding of security and privacy regulations and standards is desirable.
• Understanding of core information security functions (e.g., strategy, operations, assessments incident response, investigations, consulting, and compliance) is desirable.
• CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional), CISM (Certified Information Security Manager) or other security certification/accreditation is highly desirable.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
You have not viewed any jobs recently
I recently rejoined Nuance because I love having the privilege of working with a diverse team of nice and talent individuals to drive customer satisfaction. Having the flexibility within my role to get stuff done while maintaining a good work-life balance.Martin General Manager
I fell in love with Nuance especially the innovative platforms we create and we impact people’s lives. The work I do every day at Nuance makes a difference and I know when I go home that I truly did something meaningful and important.Vishnu Tech Support
I have been working in the Healthcare industry for close to 20 years and have marveled at how Nuance has been able to keep up with the industry changes and challenges. Every day I am challenged, and every day I make sure the customer comes first. The culture and employees at Nuance are wonderful. I am proud to work for such a dynamic and diverse company and I look forward to the future growth.Kristen Inside Sales
I work with some of the smartest colleagues in the industry to turn leading technology and innovative ideas into products and solutions that solve real life problems and have a positive impact on people. I love the flexibility of working.Martin Product Manager
Life at Nuance
We believe in an inclusive culture founded in innovation, life-long development, community impact, and flexible benefits programs so that you can be your best every day.Learn More
Industries we Serve
Nuance can develop industry-specific solutions for your businessLearn More
- Tweets by NuanceInc