Corporate Real Estate Portfolio ManagerApply Location Burlington, Massachusetts
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
The primary responsibility of this role is to develop and implement regional and global real estate site strategies for a portfolio of 75 properties in 30 countries to support a dynamic company with evolving real estate needs. Working directly for the Senior Director of Real Estate, you will prepare both short- and long-term solutions by utilizing creative planning skills to improve site location strategy, increase operating efficiencies, optimize operating costs and provide an enhanced workplace environment for the leader in conversational AI innovations. You will own the occupancy planning function, transaction management execution and interface closely with the facility operations’ teams. The candidate will need to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously with various and sometimes ambiguous business requirements, and you must have the ability to coordinate with and influence internal stakeholders, external real estate partners and Landlords.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
• Provides a clear real estate portfolio strategy so that all enabling functions are aware of what the organization requires to ensure its future success. Works closely with business unit leaders to understand their requirements and challenges in order to develop effective real estate solutions over a 3-5 year time horizon.
• Oversees the Occupancy Planning function by working closely with the Regional Facilities Managers to ensure consistent and accurate space planning is maintained. Partners with HR to incorporate current and future headcount projections to help inform the real estate strategy. Advises on technology tools to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the CRE team.
• Interface with Corporate Development team on real estate implications from mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
• Work collaboratively with the Senior Director of Real Estate and the business, manage the transaction process internally and own the execution of the transactions with the third-party RE Services partner to include tracking critical dates, performing site selection, preparing LOI’s, coordinating legal reviews and obtaining corporate approvals.
• Work with Global Real Estate Program Manager to develop Landlord and Tenant Work scopes of work.
• Demonstrates a high degree of integrity, expresses ideas clearly, is easily understood, and gets others’ buy-in to vision and strategies supporting company goals and objectives. Negotiates well by identifying and working towards solutions where all parties benefit. Excellent interpersonal skills; is sensitive to and can manage interpersonal dynamics.
• Manages people, service partners, processes, capital, and time in the most effective manner to achieve business goals. Ensures key real estate processes/policies are well defined and understood by the global real estate organization.
portfolio-wide business requirements are defined based on existing business strategies.
• Provide real estate subject matter expertise to internal groups (legal, accounting, FP&A, etc.) as well as to external partners and real estate professionals.
• Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing
• Manage day to day activities of the Real Estate Portfolio Analyst
Education: Minimum: Bachelors degree, Preferred: Masters degree; Preferred: MCR designation with CoreNet
Minimum years of work experience: 7-10 years
Required skills: Experience working with a global real estate portfolio performing strategy and portfolio analysis, occupancy planning and real estate transactions
Preferred skills: Bonus if have experience in M&A integration, lease administration and real estate technology assessment.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is availablehere. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Our employees spend their days reinventing the relationship between people and technology. Join Nuance and help shape the future. Hear from members of our global team. Click profiles to learn more.
Close Employee InformationArvind K. R&D Pune, India
Innovation: Nuance is like a $2-billion start-up. There are so many things we are doing for the first time, but the scale is huge and the machinery is complex.
We are a matrix organization: It is challenging but very rewarding to build collaborations with stakeholders that are halfway around the world.
Impact: It boggles the mind to think that such a simple thing like software can not only change lives, but actually save lives. And finally, to paraphrase a quote from an unknown source: You have to be a little bit crazy to work at Nuance, but you have to be completely crazy to work anywhere else.
Close Employee InformationShauna D. Human Resources Burlington, United States
The global HR team is incredibly collaborative and creative. The work environment here at Nuance is diverse, dynamic - offering opportunities to challenge myself, while allowing me to have sound work-life balance.
Close Employee InformationVaidehi K. R&D Bangalore, India
“I like having the opportunity to work with different teams in Healthcare and I have been fortunate to make strong contacts over the years. I enjoy the fact that there are constantly new and diverse challenges and that I get to explore and learn new things every day.”
Close Employee InformationAnja L. Sales Aachen, Germany
I love being part of a team that is creating innovative strategies and building solutions for the world’s biggest companies. We’re changing how people interact with the technology they use every day— like their car—and that’s an incredible feeling!
Working at Nuance
With more than 13,500 employees and 45 offices around the world, we strive to create an exciting, collaborative, and supportive work environment.Learn More
As a key member of our team, you will expand your technical skills exponentially, grow your professional network, and work alongside some of the best and brightest in the world!Learn More
- Tweets by NuanceHealth