Find Nuance jobs that match your profile.
Creative Director, Digital ExperienceApply Job ID 1-40158 Date posted 04/15/2019 Location Burlington, Massachusetts
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Summary: The Director, Digital Experience is both a leader and a top-notch creative. The successful candidate will lead our creative team and be a strategic thinker, key contributor, hands-on team player, and a skilled partner. He/she will sustain the user-centric culture and capability within Nuance and effectively lead the team to deliver exceptional (mostly digital) experiences on schedule, on budget and on strategy.
• Foster a design-centric culture in the team and with our cross-functional partners, advocate for user-centered, break-through design across all that we do in a collaborative spirit. Unify the vision and work of our creative group, providing strategic feedback and a critical eye to ensure consistency and quality of design deliverables.
• Lead and manage visual and UX design strategy for our digital ecosystem, including nuance.com, our What’s Next blogs, social media properties, and more. Extend beyond the digital realm as well, leading the development of corporate marketing materials, videos, presentations, and events.
• Collaborate seamlessly with our Director, Brand Strategy + Identity, to ensure complete alignment among digital, print, physical plant, really all work the Corporate Marketing team touches.
• Understand our customers and their needs completely and thoroughly. Use personas, insights and journeys to align our corporate-level marketing outreach into one consistent, strong branded voice and experience, and influence the quality and impact of product-level work.
• Proactively identify opportunities to evolve and strengthen Nuance’s competitive positioning and mindshare. Stay ahead of trends and best practices in visual/UX design.
• Provide significant input into decisions that shape user experience, optimization plans and digital design. Guide teams in balancing user needs, project goals, time-lines, budgets and business priorities. Set the art direction and maintain integrity of the design process.
• Conduct appropriate research to develop design requirements, concept designs and wireframes. Use hi-res and dynamic prototypes to gather usability insights. Ensure proper testing/validation of work as you go.
• Facilitate design and feedback sessions with varying audiences and synthesize results into a cohesive set of recommendations and best representation of inputs. Leverage research, competitive analysis and industry best practice data to create exceptional experiences.
• Manage agencies and vendor partners.
• Ensure that marketing deliverables and strategic documents such as scenarios, user flows, wireframes, visual designs, site maps, and style guides are delivered on time and with high quality
• Facilitate project sharing, brainstorming, and collaboration. Present, explain and sell design decisions to colleagues, leaders, clients and stakeholders.
• Other duties as needed or required.
Number of Years of Work Experience: 15
• A varied background that includes at least 10 years of design/digital /UX experience. Previous experience as an art director, creative director, or similar would be welcome.
• At least 5 years’ experience leading a successful team of creative professionals
• Highly creative and approaches thinking from multiple different angles.
• Possess a deep understanding of graphic design and the interplay between user interfaces & experience, copywriting & content strategy. A hands-on designer at heart - you're still technically proficient and can deliver creative work when needed.
• Strong leadership, management, problem-solving and change management skills. While you might not be pumping out hi fidelity, you're still capable and confident to jump into Adobe/Sketch and mock up or push out wire frames and ideas to lead other designers in the right direction.
• Passionate about branding, storytelling, and producing experiences to drive customer engagement.
• Acute attention to detail.
• Ability to think customer/user first and consistently contribute meaningful concepts/ideas that drive the business.
• A clear communicator and open collaborator who actively listens and anticipates the needs and concerns of others.
• Engaging presentation style, with strong verbal and visual communication skills. Ability to leverage tools and techniques that best convey concepts / comps.
• Strong visual design sense, clean command over typography, interaction design, and usability.
• In-depth knowledge of current UX and design methodologies, including ADA/508 compliance. Experience with UX deliverables, including personas and journeys, task and gap analyses, content analysis and strategy, site maps, conceptual sketching, wireframes, flow diagrams, prototypes, and user-requirements documents.
• Management skills of core UX efforts end-to-end, including customer research, strategy, vision, design, development, testing, and associated change management practices. Ability to keep multiple complex projects on track re: timeline and budget.
• Experience working with template- and component-based design, proficient in InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Visio, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite.
• Attends additional training as requested/deemed necessary
• Experience with Adobe Experience Manager, Adobe Target, and Adobe Analytics.
• Experience in healthcare industry.
• Advanced / master’s degree.
• Experience leading workshops employing design thinking or other generative facilitation techniques.
• Business development / pitch / proposal experience.
• Data visualization design experience.
• Familiarity with Agile methodologies.
• Experience with native and responsive design for Android and iOS applications.
Education: Bachelor's degree in creative, design or related field.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
You have not viewed any jobs recently
I recently rejoined Nuance because I love having the privilege of working with a diverse team of nice and talent individuals to drive customer satisfaction. Having the flexibility within my role to get stuff done while maintaining a good work-life balance.Martin General Manager
I fell in love with Nuance especially the innovative platforms we create and we impact people’s lives. The work I do every day at Nuance makes a difference and I know when I go home that I truly did something meaningful and important.Vishnu Tech Support
I have been working in the Healthcare industry for close to 20 years and have marveled at how Nuance has been able to keep up with the industry changes and challenges. Every day I am challenged, and every day I make sure the customer comes first. The culture and employees at Nuance are wonderful. I am proud to work for such a dynamic and diverse company and I look forward to the future growth.Kristen Inside Sales
I work with some of the smartest colleagues in the industry to turn leading technology and innovative ideas into products and solutions that solve real life problems and have a positive impact on people. I love the flexibility of working.Martin Product Manager
Life at Nuance
We believe in an inclusive culture founded in innovation, life-long development, community impact, and flexible benefits programs so that you can be your best every day.Learn More
Industries we Serve
Nuance can develop industry-specific solutions for your businessLearn More
- Tweets by NuanceInc