Deep Learning / Machine Learning ResearcherApply Location Burlington, Massachusetts
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients.
Join our Mobile team…intelligent systems now ready for the road. We are passionate about developing intelligent interfaces that enable people to talk to their cars, phones, devices, and other smart “things”.
Join our Enterprise team…great customer service starts here. We design virtual assistants for intelligent and effortless customer service helping customers find the informationthey need using whatever channel they prefer.
Join our Imaging team…greater document flexibility for more personal productivity. We are passionate about designing and building secure technology that empowers companies to gain control of their document management processes and ensure their proprietary and customer information is protected.
Summary:The candidate will pursue cutting edge research aligned with Nuance’s long term AI roadmap. The focus will be on developing or improving deep learning models for Natural Language Understanding. As part of this work, the candidate is expected to publish papers in renowned journals and conferences.
• Conduct research and experiments to develop or improve deep learning models for Natural Language Understanding.
• Implement prototypes to test new ideas and algorithms.
• Analyze and improve performance of existing algorithms.
• Publish papers in renowned journals and conferences.
• Transfer knowledge to teams productizing research ideas.
• Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for security.
Number of Years of Work Experience: 2+
• PhD in machine / deep learning or closely related field.
• Mastery of machine learning libraries such as TensorFlow or pyTorch.
• Good programming and debugging skills; able to prototype research ideas effectively.
• Experience running accuracy experiments and systematically improving performance.
• Should be able to take initiative, but also follow a plan and work well as part of a team.
• Good communication skills (written and oral).
• Track record of deep learning publications in renowned journals and conferences.
• Good knowledge of the state of the art techniques in Natural Language Understanding, as well as a good understanding of the challenges in this field.
• Strong experience in a scripting language (e.g. Python).
• Experience working in Linux environment.
Education:PhD in machine / deep learning or closely related field.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf . If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5000 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Our employees spend their days reinventing the relationship between people and technology. Join Nuance and help shape the future. Hear from members of our global team. Click profiles to learn more.
Close Employee InformationArvind K. R&D Pune, India
Innovation: Nuance is like a $2-billion start-up. There are so many things we are doing for the first time, but the scale is huge and the machinery is complex.
We are a matrix organization: It is challenging but very rewarding to build collaborations with stakeholders that are halfway around the world.
Impact: It boggles the mind to think that such a simple thing like software can not only change lives, but actually save lives. And finally, to paraphrase a quote from an unknown source: You have to be a little bit crazy to work at Nuance, but you have to be completely crazy to work anywhere else.
Close Employee InformationShauna D. Human Resources Burlington, United States
The global HR team is incredibly collaborative and creative. The work environment here at Nuance is diverse, dynamic - offering opportunities to challenge myself, while allowing me to have sound work-life balance.
Close Employee InformationVaidehi K. R&D Bangalore, India
“I like having the opportunity to work with different teams in Healthcare and I have been fortunate to make strong contacts over the years. I enjoy the fact that there are constantly new and diverse challenges and that I get to explore and learn new things every day.”
Close Employee InformationAnja L. Sales Aachen, Germany
I love being part of a team that is creating innovative strategies and building solutions for the world’s biggest companies. We’re changing how people interact with the technology they use every day— like their car—and that’s an incredible feeling!
Working at Nuance
With more than 13,500 employees and 45 offices around the world, we strive to create an exciting, collaborative, and supportive work environment.Learn More
As a key member of our team, you will expand your technical skills exponentially, grow your professional network, and work alongside some of the best and brightest in the world!Learn More
- Tweets by NuanceHealth