Find Nuance jobs that match your profile.
Director, Intelligent Engagement Product ManagementApply Job ID 1-44398 Date posted 05/06/2020 Location Burlington, Massachusetts
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Nuance Enterprise is re-inventing the way brands engage with consumers by leveraging Artificial Intelligence (AI) to make that engagement simple. Through our Intelligent Engagement solutions, we enable billions of engagements across channels, modalities (speech, text), modes (live and virtual assistance), real-time and asynchronous.
In this highly visible role, the Director of Intelligent Engagement Solutions Product Management is responsible for driving a shared product vision and accompanying roadmap for a platform of solutions that enable our mission of making engagements between brands and consumers simple. This is an exciting time to be involved in virtual agents, speech recognition and cognitive AI solution and drive the state of the art forward.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Create the vision and product roadmap for the Intelligent Engagement Platform leading to product execution
- Drive out-of-the-box thinking to developing innovative solutions by linking product and technology elements
- Work closely with customers and sales organization to articulate the value of the portfolio in both technical and business terms while gathering market requirements as input into product definition
- Lead marketing opportunity identification, product definition, product strategy and planning as well as growth management
- Provide a structured approach to product management to oversee offerings from inception and ideation through design, build, launch, growth, enhancement and eventual sunset
- Take ownership with a “CEO” mentality and work across functional group to ensure the commercial success of the solution
- Ensures the success of products by enabling a team of seven product managers to succeed through coaching and direction, and by facilitating and enforcing the organization’s product management process
Knowledge, skills and qualifications
Education: MS or BS in Engineering, Computer Science, or related Technical Degree; MBA preferred
Minimum years of work experience: 15+
- Strong understanding of the customer engagement/ customer experience enterprise segment
- Deep product management experience, including disciplined approach to new product introduction process
- Demonstrated ability to drive measurable business outcomes
- Proven experience delivering AI and SaaS solutions
- Strong technical aptitude combined with business savvy
- 10+ years leading and managing a product management team with responsibility for workforce planning and staffing budgets
- Analytical, with a great capacity to think and act strategically
- Able to take concepts and bring them to life
- At ease creating a product vision and translating it into easily understandable value propositions
- Dynamic, with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Comfortable interacting and working with people at all levels of an organization from highly technical to the C-suite
- Familiar with Natural Language Understanding and AI technologies
- Familiar with Product Management tools including Aha, Jira and Salesforce
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communications, Inc. (“Nuance”) is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Talent Acquisition Team and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
You have not viewed any jobs recently
I have been working in the Healthcare industry for close to 20 years and have marveled at how Nuance has been able to keep up with the industry changes and challenges. Every day I am challenged, and every day I make sure the customer comes first. The culture and employees at Nuance are wonderful. I am proud to work for such a dynamic and diverse company and I look forward to the future growth.Kristen Inside Sales
I work with some of the smartest colleagues in the industry to turn leading technology and innovative ideas into products and solutions that solve real life problems and have a positive impact on people. I love the flexibility of working.Martin Product Manager
I fell in love with Nuance especially the innovative platforms we create and we impact people’s lives. The work I do every day at Nuance makes a difference and I know when I go home that I truly did something meaningful and important.Vishnu Tech Support
I recently rejoined Nuance because I love having the privilege of working with a diverse team of nice and talented individuals to drive customer satisfaction. Having the flexibility within my role to get stuff done while maintaining a good work-life balance.Martin General Manager
Life at Nuance
We believe in an inclusive culture founded in innovation, life-long development, community impact, and flexible benefits programs so that you can be your best every day.Learn More
Industries we Serve
Nuance can develop industry-specific solutions for your businessLearn More
- Tweets by NuanceInc