Director of Clinical Quality and InsightsApply Location Burlington, Massachusetts; Atlanta, Georgia
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients.
The Director of Clinical Quality & Insights will provide leadership and expertise to develop, promote and drive the Nuance Healthcare Clinical quality insights agenda. The successful candidate will work across markets to identify and promote new opportunities to add customer value through Advanced Analytics, participate in the development of such analytics, and ensure that the value is communicated and recognized throughout the market and the organization. This leader must possess deep experience in clinical quality and documentation disciplines, experience with analytics products and creating Services around analytics, most importantly, an in depth understanding of care delivery and payment systems and the market factors driving health systems needs. This leader, will also be the market evangelist with Chief Medical Officers, Chief Quality Officers, CFOs and heads of Revenue Cycle in Health Systems, as well as industry associations as AHA, AMA, ACHE and industry conferences.
This position will act as a trusted advisor to the SVP/GM of the business, VP of Product Management and Sales leadership and will collaborate in communications with new and existing customers.
- Serve as an organizational strategic leader, while still being hands-on with Clinical analytics initiatives
- Collaborate with market-facing colleagues to drive the Clinical Quality analytic agenda for new and innovative cross-market analytics.
- Provide expert consultation and leadership in the area of Clinical documentation and Quality and Analytics to Product Managers, external customers as well as Sales
- Leads the definition, creation and industry-wide publication and evangelization of Nuance Healthcare insights, benchmarks and Indices that measure and improve provider burn-out, documentation quality and their impact on clinical, quality and financial outcomes.
- Designs and implements research and analysis such as quality and reimbursement trends and the impact of clinical documentation, perform predictive modeling, and applying financial models to analyze clients’ quality and clinical workflow effectiveness.
- Lead the matrixed team of SMEs developing new and innovative analytic methodologies.
- Contribute subject matter expertise and guidance to new analytic projects in creation.
- Understand external market forces that drive the need for advanced analytics. Look for unsolved problems that are both urgent and pervasive, which customers are willing to pay to solve.
- Collaborate with external customers as well as internal Nuance experts to understand and capture Advanced Analytics opportunities.
- Provide both internal and external thought leadership on analytic methods and value to customers; Represent the analytic face of Nuance Healthcare to internal and external audiences.
- Drive internal understanding of the value of analytics and how it relates to the success of Nuance’s Clinical Documentation Improvement and Quality solutions.
- Champion the image of Nuance as a thought leader in the area of Advanced Analytics both internally and externally.
- Create a work environment that continually promotes collaboration, employee effectiveness, and consistently attracts and retains talent.
- Makes decisions for, and on behalf of, the company within established guidelines and procedures.
- Proactively identify problems and initiate and communicate solutions
- Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing
Number of Years of Work Experience: 12+
Education:Master’s Degree in Clinical Informatics, Nursing, Public Health, Healthcare Administration, or other quality-related quantitative or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years’ experience as Director of Quality or Patient Safety in a Health system or equivalent Consulting experience in implementing Clinical Documentation and Quality and Analytics solutions and Services.
- At least 12 years’ experience in supporting customers with healthcare analytic and information-based solutions.
- Understands the current health care environment and the implications of health policy changes and industry events on government client needs
- Ability to effectively partner, collaborate, and influence others in a highly matrixed and virtual organization
- Demonstrated skills in healthcare data analytics and knowledge of advanced analytic techniques applied to healthcare data;
- Deep understanding of the healthcare industry, payment systems, and care delivery systems, and current market challenges. Health data experience using Medicaid, Medicare, and All Payer Claims or Commercial claims
- Understanding of Medicaid and health care finance, health care delivery, health information systems, and health care policy
- Proven ability to engage effectively at all levels of the organization and to facilitate remote multi-stakeholder teams in decision making.
- Exceptionally strong organizational and analytic abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of cross-functional teams.
- Proven ability to multi-task without sacrificing quality or deadlines on individual projects.
- Self-directed, detail-oriented and a team player.
- Willingness to explore and champion innovative approaches to meet customer needs and gain market success.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is availablehere. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Our employees spend their days reinventing the relationship between people and technology. Join Nuance and help shape the future. Hear from members of our global team. Click profiles to learn more.
Close Employee InformationArvind K. R&D Pune, India
Innovation: Nuance is like a $2-billion start-up. There are so many things we are doing for the first time, but the scale is huge and the machinery is complex.
We are a matrix organization: It is challenging but very rewarding to build collaborations with stakeholders that are halfway around the world.
Impact: It boggles the mind to think that such a simple thing like software can not only change lives, but actually save lives. And finally, to paraphrase a quote from an unknown source: You have to be a little bit crazy to work at Nuance, but you have to be completely crazy to work anywhere else.
Close Employee InformationShauna D. Human Resources Burlington, United States
The global HR team is incredibly collaborative and creative. The work environment here at Nuance is diverse, dynamic - offering opportunities to challenge myself, while allowing me to have sound work-life balance.
Close Employee InformationVaidehi K. R&D Bangalore, India
“I like having the opportunity to work with different teams in Healthcare and I have been fortunate to make strong contacts over the years. I enjoy the fact that there are constantly new and diverse challenges and that I get to explore and learn new things every day.”
Close Employee InformationAnja L. Sales Aachen, Germany
I love being part of a team that is creating innovative strategies and building solutions for the world’s biggest companies. We’re changing how people interact with the technology they use every day— like their car—and that’s an incredible feeling!
Working at Nuance
With more than 13,500 employees and 45 offices around the world, we strive to create an exciting, collaborative, and supportive work environment.Learn More
As a key member of our team, you will expand your technical skills exponentially, grow your professional network, and work alongside some of the best and brightest in the world!Learn More
- Tweets by NuanceHealth