Find Nuance jobs that match your profile.
Engineering Manager, InteroperabilityApply Job ID 1-44441 Date posted 06/18/2020 Location Burlington, Massachusetts
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
The engineering manager will lead the development of a platform for exchanging data from many sources, primarily EMR's, and in many forms. This data will need to be unified across the clinical continuum for Nuance customers.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead scrum teams in development of interoperability platform.
- Build and manage team(s) that designs and delivers scalable and extensible systems.
- Work closely with a variety of different stakeholder groups, including product management, business analysts, marketing, and services to develop new products and features for the platform.
- Assist in identifying process improvements and application enhancements.
- Perform tasks related to securing the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for.
- Lead/Co-ordinate troubleshooting of customer issues with the team.
Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications
Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Math or a related field
Minimum years of work experience: 8+ years
- Ability to lead, organize, and manage projects beginning to end that require coordinated efforts across multiple functions.
- 5+ years leading development teams. Solid record of delivering product milestones on time and with high quality.
- Experience leading and working closely with local and remote development teams.
- Proven success in hiring and mentoring highly effective software teams.
- Experience leading an Agile/Scrum Team.
- 3+ years of programming experience using Java, Scala or Python.
- 1+ years of experience with healthcare software.
- Knowledge of one or more cloud platform service like Azure, AWS or GCP.
- Experience with security-based best practices for SDLC.
- Ability to interact with and accept direction from multiple managers and clients.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to multitask with proven tight deadline experience in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Experience developing secure, highly available, cloud applications (Azure).
- Experience in developing interfaces with one of more of the major EHR systems.
- Familiarity with JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, or Crucible a plus (Atlassian toolset).
- Experience with Git/Bitbucket and Eclipse.
- Familiarity with Behavioral Driven Development (BDD).
- Experience working in a cross-domain environment involving Java and other Open Source platforms.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.
You have not viewed any jobs recently
I have been working in the Healthcare industry for close to 20 years and have marveled at how Nuance has been able to keep up with the industry changes and challenges. Every day I am challenged, and every day I make sure the customer comes first. The culture and employees at Nuance are wonderful. I am proud to work for such a dynamic and diverse company and I look forward to the future growth.Kristen Inside Sales
I work with some of the smartest colleagues in the industry to turn leading technology and innovative ideas into products and solutions that solve real life problems and have a positive impact on people. I love the flexibility of working.Martin Product Manager
I fell in love with Nuance especially the innovative platforms we create and we impact people’s lives. The work I do every day at Nuance makes a difference and I know when I go home that I truly did something meaningful and important.Vishnu Tech Support
I recently rejoined Nuance because I love having the privilege of working with a diverse team of nice and talented individuals to drive customer satisfaction. Having the flexibility within my role to get stuff done while maintaining a good work-life balance.Martin General Manager
Life at Nuance
We believe in an inclusive culture founded in innovation, life-long development, community impact, and flexible benefits programs so that you can be your best every day.Learn More
Industries we Serve
Nuance can develop industry-specific solutions for your businessLearn More
- Tweets by NuanceInc