Find Nuance jobs that match your profile.
Healthcare Engineering ManagerApply Job ID 1-41973 Date posted 08/02/2019 Location Burlington, Massachusetts
Nuance Communications, Inc. is the pioneer and leader in conversational AI innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. The company delivers solutions that understand, analyze and respond to human language, amplifying human intelligence. With decades of domain and artificial intelligence expertise, Nuance works with thousands of organizations – in healthcare, telecommunications, automotive, financial services, retail, and more – to create stronger relationships and better experiences for their customers.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients
Summary: Engineering manager focused on client and server component development for real-time speech recognition applications hosted in the Microsoft Azure cloud. Tasks include REST API definition/implementation, web service development/consumption, in-memory data storage architecture, and deployment concepts, such as global load balancing, fail over, micro services and distributed databases. Develop multi-platform SDKs for integration into Nuance products and for distribution to development partners. Position reports to Director of Engineering.
• Oversee design, implementation and integration activities for modules developed in C#, C++, Objective C and Java.
• Experience architecting and implementing new modules as well as debugging issues in existing code.
• Experience implementing unit tests and applying Test Driven Development.
• Strong experience with IaaS and PaaS environments, such as Azure and AWS.
• Work with various operating platforms and third-party SDKs in the production of embedded systems meeting high performance, security, and scalability expectations.
• Positive attitude and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience working with Agile development methodologies, including Scrum and Kanban.
• Experience leading a geographically-distributed team
• Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing.
Number of Years of Work Experience: 8
- Solid knowledge of C#, .Net (MFC, WPF, WCF, REST)
- Solid knowledge of C++
- Experience Developing Mobile Apps.
- Strong experience with web service development
- Demonstrated OOD expertise
- Knowledge of the Java and Objective C languages a plus
- Hands on experience with a combination of various other technologies and platforms, any of the following are useful; TCP/IP, SOAP, XML, WEB servers (Tomcat, IIS), WEB browsers (IE, Ant, Firefox, Chrome, Opera)
- Working knowledge of VMWare and Azure DevOps
- Experience building and/or maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- Healthcare Industry experience, especially applications associated with the doctor/patient encounter and clinical documentation capture/improvement
- Extensive experience in multithreaded and networked software development on embedded systems
- Experience with database schemas
- Conversant with UX design principles and attuned to a positive user experience
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
You have not viewed any jobs recently
I recently rejoined Nuance because I love having the privilege of working with a diverse team of nice and talented individuals to drive customer satisfaction. Having the flexibility within my role to get stuff done while maintaining a good work-life balance.Martin General Manager
I fell in love with Nuance especially the innovative platforms we create and we impact people’s lives. The work I do every day at Nuance makes a difference and I know when I go home that I truly did something meaningful and important.Vishnu Tech Support
I have been working in the Healthcare industry for close to 20 years and have marveled at how Nuance has been able to keep up with the industry changes and challenges. Every day I am challenged, and every day I make sure the customer comes first. The culture and employees at Nuance are wonderful. I am proud to work for such a dynamic and diverse company and I look forward to the future growth.Kristen Inside Sales
I work with some of the smartest colleagues in the industry to turn leading technology and innovative ideas into products and solutions that solve real life problems and have a positive impact on people. I love the flexibility of working.Martin Product Manager
Life at Nuance
We believe in an inclusive culture founded in innovation, life-long development, community impact, and flexible benefits programs so that you can be your best every day.Learn More
Industries we Serve
Nuance can develop industry-specific solutions for your businessLearn More
- Tweets by NuanceInc