Find Nuance jobs that match your profile.
Legal Counsel -Cyber SecurityApply Job ID 1-39924 Date posted 02/06/2019 Locaton Burlington, Massachusetts
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
At Nuance, capitalizingon new ideas and innovative ways of doing business is what we do best. Do you possess a deep knowledge of the legal field and a passion for innovation? As a part of our Legal practice, you’ll help uphold Nuance’s high ethical and corporate standards, as well as support our employment law practices. You’ll help provide legal support for all our products and businesses across the globe.
85% of Fortune 100 companies partner with Nuance.
#1 AI partner to global car manufacturers.
98% of physicians recommend Nuance speechsolutions.
The LegalCounsel - Cyber Security will be responsible for drafting and negotiating information security agreements, data security schedules, and privacy and security terms. This role will report the Managing Attorney of Privacy and Security Compliance in Nuance’s Legal Department.
- Draft, review and support negotiations regarding data privacy and data security contractual provisions in a wide variety of commercial agreements
- Collaborate with Nuance’s Information Security/GRC, Commercial Legal, Privacy Office, and other cross-functional groups to create standard cybersecurity terms, security agreement playbooks, and standard templates.
- Advise on legal and regulatory developments impacting data security, including identifying trends and potential impacts on the business’s data security agreement position and management on risk.
- Develop, implement and manage procedures for tracking and complying with non-standard cybersecurity and privacy terms.
- Work closely with internal business partners to understand their business processes, applications, projects and technologies to ensure compliance with data security agreements.
- Draft and present cybersecurity agreement negotiation training to the commercial legal team.
- Participate in development of centrally maintained database of information security data
- Juris Doctor
- 3 to 5 years of legal practice at a large to midsize law firm or in a large public company's corporate legal department.
- 2+ years in negotiating information security agreement & practicing at a global company, preferably in technology and IT sector or security/information security.
- Superior legal and analytical skills – excellent judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to draft, analyze, and interpret complex data privacy and cyber security contract terms, and to demonstrate attention to detail for reviewing contract language for conformity to policies.
- Solid knowledge of industry standards, and general cyber security and privacy regulations (including, but not limited to, NIST, ISO, SEC, US HIPAA and EU GDPR).
- Business-oriented approach to problem solving, tempered by an appreciation for legal complexity and risk.
- Excellent collaborative, communications and negotiation skillswith the ability to stand firm when necessary.
- Detail-oriented and resourceful with excellent follow-through skills
- Skilled in managing and prioritizing diverse workloads/projects to meet deadlines within a dynamic organization.
- Demonstrated ability to establish credibility, manage expectations, and develop strong working relationships with legal colleagues and clients (internal/external).
- Security Certification such as CISP is preferred.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is availablehere. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
You have not viewed any jobs recently
I recently rejoined Nuance because I love having the privilege of working with a diverse team of nice and talent individuals to drive customer satisfaction. Having the flexibility within my role to get stuff done while maintaining a good work-life balance.Martin General Manager
I fell in love with Nuance especially the innovative platforms we create and we impact people’s lives. The work I do every day at Nuance makes a difference and I know when I go home that I truly did something meaningful and important.Vishnu Tech Support
I have been working in the Healthcare industry for close to 20 years and have marveled at how Nuance has been able to keep up with the industry changes and challenges. Every day I am challenged, and every day I make sure the customer comes first. The culture and employees at Nuance are wonderful. I am proud to work for such a dynamic and diverse company and I look forward to the future growth.Kristen Inside Sales
I work with some of the smartest colleagues in the industry to turn leading technology and innovative ideas into products and solutions that solve real life problems and have a positive impact on people. I love the flexibility of working.Martin Product Manager
Life at Nuance
We believe in an inclusive culture founded in innovation, life-long development, community impact, and flexible benefits programs so that you can be your best every day.Learn More
Industries we Serve
Nuance can develop industry-specific solutions for your businessLearn More
- Tweets by NuanceInc