Legal Counsel -Cyber SecurityApply Location Burlington, Massachusetts
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
At Nuance, capitalizingon new ideas and innovative ways of doing business is what we do best. Do you possess a deep knowledge of the legal field and a passion for innovation? As a part of our Legal practice, you’ll help uphold Nuance’s high ethical and corporate standards, as well as support our employment law practices. You’ll help provide legal support for all our products and businesses across the globe.
85% of Fortune 100 companies partner with Nuance.
#1 AI partner to global car manufacturers.
98% of physicians recommend Nuance speechsolutions.
The LegalCounsel - Cyber Security will be responsible for drafting and negotiating information security agreements, data security schedules, and privacy and security terms. This role will report the Managing Attorney of Privacy and Security Compliance in Nuance’s Legal Department.
- Draft, review and support negotiations regarding data privacy and data security contractual provisions in a wide variety of commercial agreements
- Collaborate with Nuance’s Information Security/GRC, Commercial Legal, Privacy Office, and other cross-functional groups to create standard cybersecurity terms, security agreement playbooks, and standard templates.
- Advise on legal and regulatory developments impacting data security, including identifying trends and potential impacts on the business’s data security agreement position and management on risk.
- Develop, implement and manage procedures for tracking and complying with non-standard cybersecurity and privacy terms.
- Work closely with internal business partners to understand their business processes, applications, projects and technologies to ensure compliance with data security agreements.
- Draft and present cybersecurity agreement negotiation training to the commercial legal team.
- Participate in development of centrally maintained database of information security data
- Juris Doctor
- 3 to 5 years of legal practice at a large to midsize law firm or in a large public company's corporate legal department.
- 2+ years in negotiating information security agreement & practicing at a global company, preferably in technology and IT sector or security/information security.
- Superior legal and analytical skills – excellent judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to draft, analyze, and interpret complex data privacy and cyber security contract terms, and to demonstrate attention to detail for reviewing contract language for conformity to policies.
- Solid knowledge of industry standards, and general cyber security and privacy regulations (including, but not limited to, NIST, ISO, SEC, US HIPAA and EU GDPR).
- Business-oriented approach to problem solving, tempered by an appreciation for legal complexity and risk.
- Excellent collaborative, communications and negotiation skillswith the ability to stand firm when necessary.
- Detail-oriented and resourceful with excellent follow-through skills
- Skilled in managing and prioritizing diverse workloads/projects to meet deadlines within a dynamic organization.
- Demonstrated ability to establish credibility, manage expectations, and develop strong working relationships with legal colleagues and clients (internal/external).
- Security Certification such as CISP is preferred.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is availablehere. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Our employees spend their days reinventing the relationship between people and technology. Join Nuance and help shape the future. Hear from members of our global team. Click profiles to learn more.
Close Employee InformationArvind K. R&D Pune, India
Innovation: Nuance is like a $2-billion start-up. There are so many things we are doing for the first time, but the scale is huge and the machinery is complex.
We are a matrix organization: It is challenging but very rewarding to build collaborations with stakeholders that are halfway around the world.
Impact: It boggles the mind to think that such a simple thing like software can not only change lives, but actually save lives. And finally, to paraphrase a quote from an unknown source: You have to be a little bit crazy to work at Nuance, but you have to be completely crazy to work anywhere else.
Close Employee InformationShauna D. Human Resources Burlington, United States
The global HR team is incredibly collaborative and creative. The work environment here at Nuance is diverse, dynamic - offering opportunities to challenge myself, while allowing me to have sound work-life balance.
Close Employee InformationVaidehi K. R&D Bangalore, India
“I like having the opportunity to work with different teams in Healthcare and I have been fortunate to make strong contacts over the years. I enjoy the fact that there are constantly new and diverse challenges and that I get to explore and learn new things every day.”
Close Employee InformationAnja L. Sales Aachen, Germany
I love being part of a team that is creating innovative strategies and building solutions for the world’s biggest companies. We’re changing how people interact with the technology they use every day— like their car—and that’s an incredible feeling!
Working at Nuance
With more than 13,500 employees and 45 offices around the world, we strive to create an exciting, collaborative, and supportive work environment.Learn More
As a key member of our team, you will expand your technical skills exponentially, grow your professional network, and work alongside some of the best and brightest in the world!Learn More
- Tweets by NuanceHealth