Find Nuance jobs that match your profile.
Patent and Technology Transactions CounselApply Job ID 1-42054 Date posted 08/01/2019 Location Burlington, Massachusetts
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology. Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Automotive team…intelligent systems now ready for the road. We are passionate about developing intelligent interfaces that enable people to talk to their cars, phones, devices, and other smart “things”.
At Nuance Automotive, we’re futurists, re-imagining what’s possible at the intersection of humans, mobility and machines – then making it happen. If you’re ready to be a part of building and delivering the ultimate, future-ready mobility experience that is miles ahead of the competition, you should join us. Building on our deep expertise and unparalleled innovation, we are accelerating the pace of change and transforming the in-car cockpit. We’ve reimagined and redefined the mobility experience, creating a new standard that goes beyond driving to a connected and informed world. Today, we’re shrinking the gap between the driver and the automobile, transforming the machine into a natural extension of the human inside.
While we’re busy building the next generation of the in-car user experience, we’re also focused on the next step: spinning off from Nuance into a new, independent, publicly traded company that will be solely focused on the growing mobility assistant market and its adjacent opportunities – autonomous cars, smart cities, enhanced shared mobility, and more – that are on the horizon. Our new company will be a fast-moving, innovative organization that will use our 20-year history as a springboard to the next level. There’s never been a more exciting time to join Nuance Automotive.
Patent and Technology Transactions Counsel
- The position is responsible for designated IP functions with a focus on patent portfolio management and technology transactions. You will be responsible for assigning and managing patent preparation and prosecution matters to assure it meets the company’s standards of quality, timeliness and cost.
- Management of patent disclosure process with research and engineering, and of patent applications in a variety of technology areas;
- Patent portfolio management- conduct strategic analysis of company patent portfolio;
- Negotiate strategic software licenses, SaaS, alliance, and strategic partnership agreements for software, content, data, technologies and services to be used by the company on an ongoing basis or be integrated or incorporated into company offerings;
- Assist with all technology and IP contracting aspects of mergers & acquisitions, including due diligence support and negotiation of IP related matters in key M&A agreements, research partnerships and other transactions; and
- Managing various legal projects and other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of computer science, electrical engineering, mathematics or speech recognition, either through undergraduate degree or industry experience.
- 4-6 years experience required as a patent attorney including personal preparation of original patent applications.
- Experience either reviewing or ideally drafting and negotiating complex in-bound or technology transaction acquisition transactions, including inbound software licensing, joint development and data agreements.
- Understanding of all aspects of software and content licensing and IP transactions, U.S. and international, and IP representations, warranties and indemnifications.
- State bar membership and eligibility to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- Strong interpersonal and team skills, including confidence and credibility in working directly with senior corporate personnel and attorneys.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
You have not viewed any jobs recently
I recently rejoined Nuance because I love having the privilege of working with a diverse team of nice and talented individuals to drive customer satisfaction. Having the flexibility within my role to get stuff done while maintaining a good work-life balance.Martin General Manager
I fell in love with Nuance especially the innovative platforms we create and we impact people’s lives. The work I do every day at Nuance makes a difference and I know when I go home that I truly did something meaningful and important.Vishnu Tech Support
I have been working in the Healthcare industry for close to 20 years and have marveled at how Nuance has been able to keep up with the industry changes and challenges. Every day I am challenged, and every day I make sure the customer comes first. The culture and employees at Nuance are wonderful. I am proud to work for such a dynamic and diverse company and I look forward to the future growth.Kristen Inside Sales
I work with some of the smartest colleagues in the industry to turn leading technology and innovative ideas into products and solutions that solve real life problems and have a positive impact on people. I love the flexibility of working.Martin Product Manager
Life at Nuance
We believe in an inclusive culture founded in innovation, life-long development, community impact, and flexible benefits programs so that you can be your best every day.Learn More
Industries we Serve
Nuance can develop industry-specific solutions for your businessLearn More
- Tweets by NuanceInc