Product ManagerApply Location Burlington, Massachusetts
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients.
Summary:As Product Manager, Dragon Medical Product line for Nuance Healthcare, you will define, build, educate and own the product roadmap for one of the Products in the Dragon Medical product portfolio.
We are seeking a strong Product Manager with experience working closely with customers and Healthcare R&D organizations to define, create, and bring to market new and profitable software solutions to drive growth. Experience with the use of data driven decisions and roadmaps to define, drive and track outcomes is absolutely essential. The candidate will work with and across multiple lines of business such as R&D, Marketing, Professional Services and Beta Management to lead the business justification and definitions for solutions services and technology requirements. The technology solutions that are to be focused on include Front-end speech recognition technology and its integration with natural language processing platform, and virtual assistant platform.
Specifically, this leader will be responsible for driving product roadmap and work with DMO and Server product team across LOB product lines that include Plug-ins, VA Applications and SDKs from Nuance and 3rd Parties.
You will work with Engineers, QA to appropriately design, and build the Dragon Medical application on time and on budget to meet the needs of healthcare provider professionals. This Senior Product Manager will need to speak to a wide range of business customers (size, industry, geography, personas) to understand the various requirements related to the user and work backwards to document customer requirements.
Working closely with the Director of Product Management and other product managers across Lines-of-Business, you will be responsible for the entire lifecycle of key features and capabilities, delivered in an agile development environment. You will be responsible for managing, publishing and evangelizing your team’s product roadmaps, and shape its vision as part of the shared services portfolio. You will also be responsible for conducting market analysis that help drive requirements and deliver innovative solutions that delight our end users, including evaluating customer insights, drive product launch activities and ongoing market-facing support.
Deep understanding of the EMR workflows such as Epic, Cerner, Meditech etc. and Physician documentation requirements will enable you to direct product strategy aligning customer needs, competitive advantage, industry trends and return on investment, contributing to strong growth results for Nuance from the segment. You will ensure company values are reflected in Nuance products and services, including high regard for patient safety, improved patient outcomes and security of patient data.
You will be a passionate, agile, and innovative thinker, with a ‘can-do’ attitude, championing opportunities that differentiate Nuance from its competition and create standout benefits for our customers. You will be able to prioritize high value activities that contribute to our strategy, bringing ideas to reality through delivery on the Dragon Medical roadmap working with R&D.
You will work with other Product Managers, Engineers, QA to appropriately design, and build platform solutions on time and on budget to meet the needs of healthcare provider professionals. The Product Manager will need to speak to a wide range of clinical workflow and documentation intelligence needs and drive requirements physician advice using unstructured and structured datasets, by understand the various requirements related to the user and work backwards to document customer requirements. You will also own the reporting needs for clients to demonstrate ROI, and drive user adoption.
You will also be responsible to drive a functional and technical requirement for workflow and advice personalization for providers based on specialty, care-settings, facility etc.
Working closely with the Product Director, and product managers across Lines-of-Business, you will be responsible for the entire lifecycle of key features and capabilities, delivered in an agile development environment. You will be responsible for managing, publishing and evangelizing your team’s product roadmaps, and shape its vision as part of the shared services portfolio. In addition, you will work closely with the Clinical Product team to assess workflow requirements, and execute roadmap delivery in conjunction with the clinical content product team.
- Understand Market
• Be the technical and functional expert for the family of products for team and management
• Lead customer advisory board and in-field research, and coach team on best practices working with other applications product managers.
• ID new markets, solution opportunities across family of products and define business case with finance and strategy team
- Prioritize Problems
• Understand the Physician workflows, Clinical Documentation, HIM, CDI, Coding and Revenue Cycle processes
• Experience with medical terminology and working with electronic health records
• Assess the expansion of EMRs in the market, and the complementary Nuance technology and services to deliver new
• Considered a product/solution expert in Healthcare technology and/or cloud platforms
• Lead, develop, and mentor others on business cases
• Prioritize roadmaps across product lines
• Collaborate with mid/sr. level leaders to drive cross-functional alignment around roadmaps and processes
• Be (and be recognized as) the pied piper for the cross-functional teams
• Experience building multi-year product plans based on new solution opportunities or new markets identified
- Design Solutions
• Participate in Agile ceremonies including: release kickoff, prioritize feature development, write feature overviews and break down into user stories, stakeholder sprint reviews, including feature demonstration
• Work with customers early and often to validate, hypothesize and validate value prop
• Create initial UI prototypes and work with Usability experts to refine to high fidelity prototypes
• Support all aspects of the GTM process for the family of products
• Drive a cross-functional team to a high quality and on-time release
• Experience managing new offerings, existing products and new innovations/challenge products
- Optimize Value
• Manage platform risk including regulatory, commercial, operational and financial risks
• Experience maximizing business opportunity, share-of-wallet and time-to-market by leading cross-functional alignment
- Manage the Business
• Drive end of life rationale and execution
• Manage clients from negative to positive at the senior level
• Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing
Number of Years of Work Experience: 3+
• 3+ years of demonstrated, successful product management or consulting, with progressively increasing responsibilities into Product Strategy over larger portfolio or product families
• Ability to understand, and justify financial business cases: TAM, SAM, SOM and other market-based metrics.
• Experience defining, deploying and improving product management processes
• Experience in related technology spaces (SaaS, Cloud, computing platforms, DBs)
• Experience developing robust, customer-centric product and service requirements using Agile methodology, Confluence, JIRA or similar tools and processes.
• Excellent relationship skills, able to build rapport quickly and easily with domain experts.
• Experience in Application PaaS Platforms with speech recognition, natural language processing, and or machine learning. Experience with building products that integrate Virtual Assistants and machine learning and NLP technologies.
• Background in healthcare technology in healthcare technology. Health data experience using Patient medical record data, Coding, Billing and Claims datasets
• A zeal for metrics/analysis to deliver on business objectives.
• Demonstrated history in creative/big thinking that resulted in revenue
Education:MBA or MS required
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is availablehere. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Our employees spend their days reinventing the relationship between people and technology. Join Nuance and help shape the future. Hear from members of our global team. Click profiles to learn more.
Close Employee InformationArvind K. R&D Pune, India
Innovation: Nuance is like a $2-billion start-up. There are so many things we are doing for the first time, but the scale is huge and the machinery is complex.
We are a matrix organization: It is challenging but very rewarding to build collaborations with stakeholders that are halfway around the world.
Impact: It boggles the mind to think that such a simple thing like software can not only change lives, but actually save lives. And finally, to paraphrase a quote from an unknown source: You have to be a little bit crazy to work at Nuance, but you have to be completely crazy to work anywhere else.
Close Employee InformationShauna D. Human Resources Burlington, United States
The global HR team is incredibly collaborative and creative. The work environment here at Nuance is diverse, dynamic - offering opportunities to challenge myself, while allowing me to have sound work-life balance.
Close Employee InformationVaidehi K. R&D Bangalore, India
“I like having the opportunity to work with different teams in Healthcare and I have been fortunate to make strong contacts over the years. I enjoy the fact that there are constantly new and diverse challenges and that I get to explore and learn new things every day.”
Close Employee InformationAnja L. Sales Aachen, Germany
I love being part of a team that is creating innovative strategies and building solutions for the world’s biggest companies. We’re changing how people interact with the technology they use every day— like their car—and that’s an incredible feeling!
Working at Nuance
With more than 13,500 employees and 45 offices around the world, we strive to create an exciting, collaborative, and supportive work environment.Learn More
As a key member of our team, you will expand your technical skills exponentially, grow your professional network, and work alongside some of the best and brightest in the world!Learn More
- Tweets by NuanceHealth