Find Nuance jobs that match your profile.
Program Director Radiology AI SolutionsApply Job ID 1-43603 Date posted 01/06/2020 Location Burlington, Massachusetts
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is about to create massive changes in the practice of Radiology. Nuance has a very strong position in the daily workflow of radiologists, with 3 out of 4 radiologists using Nuance PowerScribe for dictation and more than 6,000 facilities connected to Nuance’s PowerShare image exchange. We have made it our mission to bring AI into routing clinical practice.
You are an accomplished, operationally savvy and creative leader, with demonstrated knowledge of Radiology and the ability to inspire and lead highly cross functional teams to support the incubation, development and ultimate growth of Nuance’s radiology AI Solutions.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, champion and implement the operational plan to develop and mature the radiology AI offering. Establish clear milestones, applicable metrics, and operating rhythms to assess results.
- Influence and direct internal cross functional interactions to deliver on the AI strategy including Sales, Product, R&D, Delivery and Operations teams. Identify and resolve risks, capacity, and quality issues. Implement robust processes.
- Report progress and provide recommendations for investments, budget and resourcing requirements to senior leadership.
- Develop an organizational model with clear roles, responsibilities, goals and objectives, that evolves with the maturity of the offering
- Establish trusted, senior level partner relationships with customers, partners, vendors, and industry organizations through the development, build and grow phases of the AI platform. Continuously seek out potential partnerships, investments, technologies to support the overall strategy and growth model.
- Monitor, forecast and report the financial performance of the offering.
- Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for secure.
Knowledge, skills and qualifications
Education: MBA or comparable
Minimum years of work experience: 12+ years' in comparable roles
- Proven management / leadership experience of 10+ years, including leading highly versatile and diverse teams in the incubation and launch and growth of emergent technologies.
- Outstanding advanced leadership skills; ability to evangelize complex solutions and offerings across highly matrixed teams, with external partners and vendors to achieve desired outcomes on behalf of the customer and the company.
- Great interpersonal and influencing skills. Ability to lead and motivate distributed teams in a matrixed, cross-functional environment.
- Proven track record in scaling a B2B SaaS solution from incubation to an enterprise class offering.
- A demonstrated ability to initiate and maintain high-value, senior level relationships with business partners. Experienced contract negotiator.
- Strong business acumen, experienced with budget planning, ability to understand and create pro-forma P&L statements.
- Experienced with back-office operations (quoting, billing, collections) and process improvement projects.
- A solid understanding of radiology departments, and radiology IT.
- Understanding of the potential and vision of AI in the Healthcare Radiology setting, and a good understanding of the fundamentals of Artificial Intelligence / deep learning.
- Experience operating in an FDA regulated, medical device industry.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communications, Inc. (“Nuance”) is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
You have not viewed any jobs recently
I recently rejoined Nuance because I love having the privilege of working with a diverse team of nice and talented individuals to drive customer satisfaction. Having the flexibility within my role to get stuff done while maintaining a good work-life balance.Martin General Manager
I fell in love with Nuance especially the innovative platforms we create and we impact people’s lives. The work I do every day at Nuance makes a difference and I know when I go home that I truly did something meaningful and important.Vishnu Tech Support
I have been working in the Healthcare industry for close to 20 years and have marveled at how Nuance has been able to keep up with the industry changes and challenges. Every day I am challenged, and every day I make sure the customer comes first. The culture and employees at Nuance are wonderful. I am proud to work for such a dynamic and diverse company and I look forward to the future growth.Kristen Inside Sales
I work with some of the smartest colleagues in the industry to turn leading technology and innovative ideas into products and solutions that solve real life problems and have a positive impact on people. I love the flexibility of working.Martin Product Manager
Life at Nuance
We believe in an inclusive culture founded in innovation, life-long development, community impact, and flexible benefits programs so that you can be your best every day.Learn More
Industries we Serve
Nuance can develop industry-specific solutions for your businessLearn More
- Tweets by NuanceInc