Find Nuance jobs that match your profile.
Manager Revenue AccountingApply Job ID 1-42212 Date posted 08/22/2019 Location Burlington, Massachusetts
Nuance Communications, Inc. is the pioneer and leader in conversational AI innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. The company delivers solutions that understand, analyze and respond to human language, amplifying human intelligence. With decades of domain and artificial intelligence expertise, Nuance works with thousands of organizations – in healthcare, telecommunications, automotive, financial services, retail, and more – to create stronger relationships and better experiences for their customers.
Join our Automotive team…intelligent systems now ready for the road. We are passionate about developing intelligent interfaces that enable people to talk to their cars, phones, devices, and other smart “things”.
At Nuance Automotive, we’re futurists, re-imagining what’s possible at the intersection of humans, mobility and machines – then making it happen. If you’re ready to be a part of building and delivering the ultimate, future-ready mobility experience that is miles ahead of the competition, you should join us. Building on our deep expertise and unparalleled innovation, we are accelerating the pace of change and transforming the in-car cockpit. We’ve reimagined and redefined the mobility experience, creating a new standard that goes beyond driving to a connected and informed world. Today, we’re shrinking the gap between the driver and the automobile, transforming the machine into a natural extension of the human inside.
While we’re busy building the next generation of the in-car user experience, we’re also focused on the next step: spinning off from Nuance into a new, independent, publicly traded company that will be solely focused on the growing mobility assistant market and its adjacent opportunities – autonomous cars, smart cities, enhanced shared mobility, and more – that are on the horizon. Our new company will be a fast-moving, innovative organization that will use our 20-year history as a springboard to the next level. There’s never been a more exciting time to join Nuance Automotive.
We are seeking a Senior Analyst for our Revenue Team to be responsible for recording Professional Services revenue/costs and customer royalties on a monthly basis under ASC 606 revenue recognition. This role is responsible for working with the BU Finance and Operations to analyze projects, assess revenue risk, and assist with forecasting of revenue related to complex service transactions. He/She will be supporting the monthly and quarterly accounting close cycles associated with complex revenue arrangements related to professional services and royalties. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing best in class support to the Business Unit operations and finance teams on their forecasted and actual revenues. This position will be responsible for preparing reconciliations and related analysis of all accounts (revenue, def revenue, costs, deferred costs, etc.) monthly as well as assisting with defining and creating operating procedures and participating in business process improvement initiatives related to project accounting.
The qualified candidate will report to the Sr Manager, Revenue, and will work closely with other members of the revenue accounting team as well as other groups, such as Sales and Operations managers, BU Finance, Technical Revenue Accounting, and Order Management.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Perform monthly and quarterly activities in support of financial close process including importing and exporting data, analyzing and explaining variances from expectations related to company projects.
- Ensuring all revenue is recognized correctly on all projects within the general ledger system.
- Assist internal customers to resolve issues/questions on orders/projects
- Lead efforts to continuously drive cross-functional improvements associated with processes related to project accounting. Research and resolve processing/reconciliation issues and discrepancies; taking corrective measures to mitigate while enhancing procedures to prevent recurrence
- Support system conversions and integrations of acquired companies
- Prepare/input general ledger entries
- Prepare required monthly/quarterly analytics for auditors and Sr. Management
- Work with Order Management/Contracts to ensure proper set up of contracts and work with Finance to discuss results of contract activities
- Support external audit activities and audit preparation
- Managing/Owning the Royalty Payables and Unbilled Royalty Receivables cycles. This includes calculating royalties owed, reconciling revenue & cost related accounts monthly, working with BU teams, responding to external auditor requests, etc for 606 revenue recognition
- Execute and maintain supporting documentation for Sarbanes-Oxley internal controls
- Provide management with financial reporting information and operational support
- Skilled in the ability to import and export large amounts of data
- Support external statutory reporting requirements as needed.
- Serve as back up for team member that is responsible for OM royalty reporting processing.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting / Finance
Minimum years of work experience: 5+ years of accounting experience in a publicly traded company and/or public accounting firm.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel experience (pivot tables, v-lookups, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team player attitude
- Customer insight
- Strong problem-solving skill
- Good analytical skill
- Skilled in Workday ERP knowledge a plus
- Working knowledge of ASC 606
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
You have not viewed any jobs recently
I recently rejoined Nuance because I love having the privilege of working with a diverse team of nice and talented individuals to drive customer satisfaction. Having the flexibility within my role to get stuff done while maintaining a good work-life balance.Martin General Manager
I fell in love with Nuance especially the innovative platforms we create and we impact people’s lives. The work I do every day at Nuance makes a difference and I know when I go home that I truly did something meaningful and important.Vishnu Tech Support
I have been working in the Healthcare industry for close to 20 years and have marveled at how Nuance has been able to keep up with the industry changes and challenges. Every day I am challenged, and every day I make sure the customer comes first. The culture and employees at Nuance are wonderful. I am proud to work for such a dynamic and diverse company and I look forward to the future growth.Kristen Inside Sales
I work with some of the smartest colleagues in the industry to turn leading technology and innovative ideas into products and solutions that solve real life problems and have a positive impact on people. I love the flexibility of working.Martin Product Manager
Life at Nuance
We believe in an inclusive culture founded in innovation, life-long development, community impact, and flexible benefits programs so that you can be your best every day.Learn More
Industries we Serve
Nuance can develop industry-specific solutions for your businessLearn More
- Tweets by NuanceInc