Find Nuance jobs that match your profile.
SEC Reporting Manager- Automotive DivisionApply Job ID 1-41545 Date posted 07/20/2019 Location Burlington, Massachusetts
Nuance Communications, Inc. is the pioneer and leader in conversational AI innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. The company delivers solutions that understand, analyze and respond to human language, amplifying human intelligence. With decades of domain and artificial intelligence expertise, Nuance works with thousands of organizations – in healthcare, telecommunications, automotive, financial services, retail, and more – to create stronger relationships and better experiences for their customers.
Join our Automotive team…intelligent systems now ready for the road. We are passionate about developing intelligent interfaces that enable people to talk to their cars, phones, devices, and other smart “things”.
At Nuance Automotive, we’re futurists, re-imagining what’s possible at the intersection of humans, mobility and machines – then making it happen. If you’re ready to be a part of building and delivering the ultimate, future-ready mobility experience that is miles ahead of the competition, you should join us. Building on our deep expertise and unparalleled innovation, we are accelerating the pace of change and transforming the in-car cockpit. We’ve reimagined and redefined the mobility experience, creating a new standard that goes beyond driving to a connected and informed world. Today, we’re shrinking the gap between the driver and the automobile, transforming the machine into a natural extension of the human inside.
While we’re busy building the next generation of the in-car user experience, we’re also focused on the next step: spinning off from Nuance into a new, independent, publicly traded company that will be solely focused on the growing mobility assistant market and its adjacent opportunities – autonomous cars, smart cities, enhanced shared mobility, and more – that are on the horizon. Our new company will be a fast-moving, innovative organization that will use our 20-year history as a springboard to the next level. There’s never been a more exciting time to join Nuance Automotive.
Reporting to the Assistant Corporate Controller, the SEC Reporting Manager oversees all facets of Nuance quarterly and annual external reporting. This highly visible leadership role manages the filing calendar, consolidates all required inputs, prepares documents, and coordinates the review process to facilitate prompt, correct, and complete reporting. Additionally, this role serves as a primary technical resource for Nuance Accounting, providing research and guidance on matters related to GAAP compliance and changes in Accounting Standards. Finally, this position, in cooperation with the Corporate Controller, oversees the Nuance internal control management self-assessment process, including the design, execution, and evaluation of the effectiveness of internal controls.
- Oversee preparation of quarterly reports, annual reports, as well as periodic filings including coordinating with legal, tax, and treasury
- Develop, maintain, and manage company-wide filing calendar to facilitate accurate completion and sufficient review of all external filings within required timeframes
- Prepare quarterly earnings reports
- Manage and correctly report all equity-based transactions and equity compensation
- Provide guidance on and challenge the appropriateness of disclosures
- Complete all relevant disclosure checklists and reporting questionnaires
- Coordinate communications with external auditors on external financial statements and accounting issues to ensure support for company position on accounting disclosures and other issues
- Monitor the peer group filings to identify industry trends
- Direct Nuance technical accounting activities including a) research and interpret accounting pronouncements, b) identify the impact on the company’s accounting policies and financial statements, c) manage the self-assessment process and d) develop training materials and conduct sessions to train the Nuance financial and
- Position papers are written for both complex accounting and to provide interpretation of accounting issues
- Monitor and research the development and applicability of emerging accounting and reporting rules under US GAAP, PCAOB, or other regulations
- Manage, in cooperation with the Corporate Controller, the Company’s internal controls over financial reporting compliance program including a) continuous evaluation of the Company’s risk assessment and corresponding internal controls matrix, b) develop training materials and conduct sessions to train Nuance financial and non-financial personnel, c) oversee the self-assessment process and d) manage the remediation of identified internal control deficiencies
- Assist in gathering necessary support for equity or debt offerings
- Participate in and/or lead special projects as assigned including purchase accounting for acquisitions, discontinued operations accounting for divestitures, and complex joint venture accounting.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting
Work Experience: • 3+ years of reporting experience, • 5+ years progressive accounting experience
- CPA Designation Required (Active License Preferred)
- Combination of private industry and public accounting experience
- Prior experience designing, implementing, and documenting policies and procedures.
- Excellent knowledge of U.S. GAAP, including ability to research accounting literature, establish a position and develop procedures for implementation.
- Ability to interpret complex technical guidance and effectively present the Company’s accounting position both in written and verbal form.
- Demonstrated effective written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills at all levels of the organization.
- Proven project management skills with ability to drive results across departments.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, provide leadership, and take initiative under minimal supervision
- A good understanding of internal controls required for Financial Reporting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software applications.
- Comfort in a fast paced work environment, with multiple concurrent projects and priorities.
- Very high attention to detail; organized and thorough with a desire for continuous improvement.
- Stellar work ethic.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
You have not viewed any jobs recently
I recently rejoined Nuance because I love having the privilege of working with a diverse team of nice and talented individuals to drive customer satisfaction. Having the flexibility within my role to get stuff done while maintaining a good work-life balance.Martin General Manager
I fell in love with Nuance especially the innovative platforms we create and we impact people’s lives. The work I do every day at Nuance makes a difference and I know when I go home that I truly did something meaningful and important.Vishnu Tech Support
I have been working in the Healthcare industry for close to 20 years and have marveled at how Nuance has been able to keep up with the industry changes and challenges. Every day I am challenged, and every day I make sure the customer comes first. The culture and employees at Nuance are wonderful. I am proud to work for such a dynamic and diverse company and I look forward to the future growth.Kristen Inside Sales
I work with some of the smartest colleagues in the industry to turn leading technology and innovative ideas into products and solutions that solve real life problems and have a positive impact on people. I love the flexibility of working.Martin Product Manager
Life at Nuance
We believe in an inclusive culture founded in innovation, life-long development, community impact, and flexible benefits programs so that you can be your best every day.Learn More
Industries we Serve
Nuance can develop industry-specific solutions for your businessLearn More
- Tweets by NuanceInc