Sr. QA/ Automation EngineerApply Location Burlington, Massachusetts
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients.
The QA Engineer works with a team of testers, developers and documentation staff in the testing Nuance’s flagship medical front end dictation products. The candidate will be a self-starter and will work on multiple deliverables with dynamic schedules.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinate with scrum teams and team leads on software and system development in order to test new versions of our Dragon Medical products.
- Collaborate with field service teams to reproduce and isolate customer issues.
- Collaborate with developers and the test team to automate testing of new features and resolve issues.
- Actively participate as a scrum team member in all phases of the development process.
- Enhance, extend, and maintain test automation libraries and frameworks.
- Solve complex automation challenges and work on complex projects with minimal supervision.
- Design and develop automated functional, regression and performance test programs or scripts based on libraries of reusable test code modules or functions.
- Work with scrum teams to establish and promote best practices, standards and processes for automation testing.
- Participate in peer design and code reviews.
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment.
- Participate in functional and technical reviews/sprint reviews.
- Effectively work with multiple stakeholders and teams located in different geographical locations.
- Perform tasks related to security and maintaining products, tools, and processes with security in mind.
Knowledge, skills and qualifications:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Minimum years of work experience: +5
- Experience testing applications in Windows environment (7, 10 & Server)
- Experience executing automation test on Windows platform.
- Experience writing test plans.
- Proficient in writing scripts with Python, Perl or similar
- Working knowledge of Silk Test or QTP
- Experience in SDLC. One of programming languages: Java, C#, Python, Perl
- Skills replicating customer issues with little direction.
- Experience with performance testing
- Excellent working knowledge of Agile (Scrum or TDD)
- Working knowledge of Test Management tools (HP or MicroFocus)
- Experience with continuous software integration and deployment.
- Experience working with source control tool like Git, Perforce or similar
- Experience with product development for the Microsoft Azure platform.
- Experience automation iOS and Android mobile applications
- Experience with professional product development in combination with speech recognition technologies and/or AI.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is availablehere. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Our employees spend their days reinventing the relationship between people and technology. Join Nuance and help shape the future. Hear from members of our global team. Click profiles to learn more.
Close Employee InformationArvind K. R&D Pune, India
Innovation: Nuance is like a $2-billion start-up. There are so many things we are doing for the first time, but the scale is huge and the machinery is complex.
We are a matrix organization: It is challenging but very rewarding to build collaborations with stakeholders that are halfway around the world.
Impact: It boggles the mind to think that such a simple thing like software can not only change lives, but actually save lives. And finally, to paraphrase a quote from an unknown source: You have to be a little bit crazy to work at Nuance, but you have to be completely crazy to work anywhere else.
Close Employee InformationShauna D. Human Resources Burlington, United States
The global HR team is incredibly collaborative and creative. The work environment here at Nuance is diverse, dynamic - offering opportunities to challenge myself, while allowing me to have sound work-life balance.
Close Employee InformationVaidehi K. R&D Bangalore, India
“I like having the opportunity to work with different teams in Healthcare and I have been fortunate to make strong contacts over the years. I enjoy the fact that there are constantly new and diverse challenges and that I get to explore and learn new things every day.”
Close Employee InformationAnja L. Sales Aachen, Germany
I love being part of a team that is creating innovative strategies and building solutions for the world’s biggest companies. We’re changing how people interact with the technology they use every day— like their car—and that’s an incredible feeling!
Working at Nuance
With more than 13,500 employees and 45 offices around the world, we strive to create an exciting, collaborative, and supportive work environment.Learn More
As a key member of our team, you will expand your technical skills exponentially, grow your professional network, and work alongside some of the best and brightest in the world!Learn More
- Tweets by NuanceHealth