Senior Data ScientistApply Location Burlington, Massachusetts
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients.
Apply your machine learning skills to actually make people’s lives better! This is a unique opportunity to use data at scale to create and deliver AI products that improve patient care. Nuance is the only company where you’ll find healthcare expertise and data and an ML-focused R&D organization. We’re looking for a smart, driven Machine learning scientist in the Nuance Healthcare Research organization to work on state of the art, scalable, and self-learning systems for Clinical Language Understanding solutions. The major duty is to help develop machine learning systems using in-production (feedback) data, as well as develop tools to help other team members do similar research.
- Main responsibility is creating and organizing large annotated clinical text corpora for training machine learning models for clinical information extraction/understanding.
- The candidate will be responsible for the end-to-end research data organization process which includes:
- Identify data requirements for models and research.
- Select the appropriate data from an unannotated large corpus.
- Conduct data analysis to identify and correct potential problems.
- Split data for modeling.
- Assist in error analysis of model results
- The candidate will be responsible for creation and maintenance of the data organization and validation tools and dashboards.
- The candidate will be responsible for de-identifying data using internal tools.
Number of Years of Work Experience: 2+
- Excellent programming skills and at least 2 years of experience programming in Python is required
- SQL or other Database knowledge is required
- Bash/Unix scripting skills are required.
- Must be self-motivated and detail oriented, with exceptional communication and inter-personal skills.
- Experience collecting, creating and maintaining large corpora for machine learning.
- Experience creating tools and dashboards for data organization.
- Experience with Cloud data storage (AWS, Azure, etc.) is a definite PLUS
- Experience working with speech recognition, language modeling/processing, machine translation, information extraction. etc. is a definite PLUS.
- Experience in medical text analytics and/or clinical information retrieval is a definite PLUS.
Education: B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Bioinformatics, Computer Science or other related fields.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is availablehere. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Our employees spend their days reinventing the relationship between people and technology. Join Nuance and help shape the future. Hear from members of our global team. Click profiles to learn more.
Close Employee InformationArvind K. R&D Pune, India
Innovation: Nuance is like a $2-billion start-up. There are so many things we are doing for the first time, but the scale is huge and the machinery is complex.
We are a matrix organization: It is challenging but very rewarding to build collaborations with stakeholders that are halfway around the world.
Impact: It boggles the mind to think that such a simple thing like software can not only change lives, but actually save lives. And finally, to paraphrase a quote from an unknown source: You have to be a little bit crazy to work at Nuance, but you have to be completely crazy to work anywhere else.
Close Employee InformationShauna D. Human Resources Burlington, United States
The global HR team is incredibly collaborative and creative. The work environment here at Nuance is diverse, dynamic - offering opportunities to challenge myself, while allowing me to have sound work-life balance.
Close Employee InformationVaidehi K. R&D Bangalore, India
“I like having the opportunity to work with different teams in Healthcare and I have been fortunate to make strong contacts over the years. I enjoy the fact that there are constantly new and diverse challenges and that I get to explore and learn new things every day.”
Close Employee InformationAnja L. Sales Aachen, Germany
I love being part of a team that is creating innovative strategies and building solutions for the world’s biggest companies. We’re changing how people interact with the technology they use every day— like their car—and that’s an incredible feeling!
Working at Nuance
With more than 13,500 employees and 45 offices around the world, we strive to create an exciting, collaborative, and supportive work environment.Learn More
As a key member of our team, you will expand your technical skills exponentially, grow your professional network, and work alongside some of the best and brightest in the world!Learn More
- Tweets by NuanceHealth