Find Nuance jobs that match your profile.
Sr. Data ScientistApply Job ID 1-40744 Date posted 08/02/2019 Location Burlington, Massachusetts
Nuance Communications, Inc. is the pioneer and leader in conversational AI innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. The company delivers solutions that understand, analyze and respond to human language, amplifying human intelligence. With decades of domain and artificial intelligence expertise, Nuance works with thousands of organizations – in healthcare, telecommunications, automotive, financial services, retail, and more – to create stronger relationships and better experiences for their customers.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients
Position summary – The Sr. Data Scientist will provide data-driven, action-oriented solutions for various areas including early detection, root cause identification, scalability and business growth. The Senior Data Scientist is responsible for the health, quality, availability and growth of the Dragon Medical One cloud software and services. As part of the Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team, the engineer will interact with peers in the US, Europe and India. This role reports to the Manager of Cloud Analysis and Operations.
Principal duties and responsibilities
- Work with large, complex data sets. Solve difficult, non-routine analysis problems, applying advanced analytical methods as needed.
- Conduct analysis including data gathering, preprocessing, requirements + design specification and presentations.
- Demonstrable experience as a self-motivated colleague and independent thinker willing to co-operate in a highly collaborative environment
- Knowledge transfer between cross-functional teams (e.g. engineering, SRE, research, QA teams, product management)
- Provide support, engagement, and contribution to identifying and solving resiliency gaps to ensure that service availability remains optimal
- Research and develop analysis, forecasting, and optimization methods to improve quality and cost-effectiveness of customer facing products.
- Able to work in fast paced, challenging environments, dealing with changing priorities and complex and heterogeneous systems
- Participation in on-call rotation
- Supports various stakeholders with analysis and processing of complex data sets using advanced statistical, visualization and analytics tools
Education: MSc in a quantitative discipline (data science, mathematics, computer science, statistics, bioinformatics, physics)
- PhD degree preferred
Minimum 3+ years of work experience in the following:
* Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp and disseminate new technologies and concepts
* Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
* Foster a culture that leverages metrics to make informed decisions and guide change
* Research, Reports and Forecasts
* Fluency at least with one of the following: R, Python, Spark, Hadoop
* Database knowhow (e.g. SQL)
* Data and Quantitative Analysis
* Predictive Modeling
* Stay self-motivated, curious and ask questions
* Reviewing design proposals and code pull requests
Nice to have:
* Data Mining and Visualization Tools (Tableau, Power BI)
* Ability to build KPI dashboards
* Experience with time-series data analysis and forecasting methods
* Build and prototype analysis pipelines to provide insights at scale
* Machine Learning Algorithms
* Knowhow of cloud infrastructure
* Basics in software architecture: client-server communication, web services, load balancing
* Basic know-how about speech recognition
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
You have not viewed any jobs recently
I recently rejoined Nuance because I love having the privilege of working with a diverse team of nice and talented individuals to drive customer satisfaction. Having the flexibility within my role to get stuff done while maintaining a good work-life balance.Martin General Manager
I fell in love with Nuance especially the innovative platforms we create and we impact people’s lives. The work I do every day at Nuance makes a difference and I know when I go home that I truly did something meaningful and important.Vishnu Tech Support
I have been working in the Healthcare industry for close to 20 years and have marveled at how Nuance has been able to keep up with the industry changes and challenges. Every day I am challenged, and every day I make sure the customer comes first. The culture and employees at Nuance are wonderful. I am proud to work for such a dynamic and diverse company and I look forward to the future growth.Kristen Inside Sales
I work with some of the smartest colleagues in the industry to turn leading technology and innovative ideas into products and solutions that solve real life problems and have a positive impact on people. I love the flexibility of working.Martin Product Manager
Life at Nuance
We believe in an inclusive culture founded in innovation, life-long development, community impact, and flexible benefits programs so that you can be your best every day.Learn More
Industries we Serve
Nuance can develop industry-specific solutions for your businessLearn More
- Tweets by NuanceInc