Find Nuance jobs that match your profile.
Senior Director, Product and Cloud SecurityApply Job ID 1-41980 Date posted 07/25/2019 Location Burlington, Massachusetts
Nuance Communications, Inc. is the pioneer and leader in conversational AI innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. The company delivers solutions that understand, analyze and respond to human language, amplifying human intelligence. With decades of domain and artificial intelligence expertise, Nuance works with thousands of organizations – in healthcare, telecommunications, automotive, financial services, retail, and more – to create stronger relationships and better experiences for their customers.
The Nuance Global IT team is focused on supporting the company and employees with technical solutions and expertise that help the business run more efficiently, ensure security and data privacy, and support new IT infrastructure initiatives that drive innovation. Our team is composed of problem solvers with constant curiosity and different perspectives who love to collaborate to transform and rethink IT.
Summary: Reporting to the Chief Information Security Officer, the Senior Director of Product and Cloud Security is a business/technology executive who will be responsible for providing leadership in a comprehensive Information and Product Security program and ensuring compliance. This leader will bring hands-on as well as strategic thought leadership at the Nuance executive level regarding security, technology and products. They will create strong partnerships across business units and functional groups to deliver competitive advantage and provide organizational leadership as they drive Nuance and organizational initiatives across the company.
The role requires someone with expertise in product security who drives a cross divisional product security program. As an expert in the field, this person will use professional concepts in developing resolution to critical issues and broad design matters related to the security of Nuance’s products. They will drive future security concepts, for products or technologies and will create formal networks with key decision makers and serve as a spokesperson for the organization on matters related to product security. This person will develop product security response capabilities and deliver services to development organizations leveraging third party tools and services to ensure that adequate information security considerations are met within development lifecycles. In addition, they will also create and deliver an end-to-end developer security education program.
The Global Security team is focused on partnering with the business units to design secure products, monitor Nuance’s security environment and partner with other functional groups to drive Nuance’s enterprise. This role is critical to enabling Nuance to deliver its strategy while protecting the security and integrity of customer data and Nuance’s overall brand in the marketplace. The successful candidate will partner very closely with the executive leadership of the organization and business unit security, infrastructure and product development communities to measure and monitor the security health of their businesses.
The successful candidate will be comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative, highly matrixed environment, developing the application security strategy for Nuance as well as leading the infrastructure/cyber security team for the company. The person in this role must have a proven track record of hiring, developing and growing technical talent, strong executive presence and demonstrate outstanding communication skills. This Senior Director will lead a team of 20 comprised of managers and security engineers in a very dynamic and frequently complex organization, while developing strong partnerships with other leaders across the organization. In addition to the application and infrastructure security teams, this person will also be responsible for the security operations center.
• Lead the Nuance product security office
• Drive product security controls and the Nuance Secure Development Lifecycle
• Work alongside engineering leaders to ensure security is built into product development lifecycles
• Drive necessary training and certification across security product teams
• Maintain descriptions of product security documentation and provide assurance to customers that the program is followed
• Manage product security vulnerabilities and incidents in conjunction with engineering teams
• Develop and operate optimal security processes, tools and consulting services for hosting secure applications in the cloud
• Act as a key member of the CISO staff and assist with other duties as required.
• Identify security vulnerabilities and risks associated with Nuance’s operations, including partnering with business units to build threat assessment into the product design and development processes.
• Ensure operational procedures enforcing security are effective and optimal, including assessing and testing for vulnerabilities
• Respond to and resolve security exposures and incidents
• Develop and drive programs to operationalize the security vision across the company with an emphasis on gaining measurable results under a constrained timeline
• Develop and maintain a program that informs business unit and functional group leadership of the top security risks and overall security health of their organizations
• Develop cross functional Red and Purple team exercises across the infrastructure and solution space providing critical situational awareness and remediation
• Build a strong security community across the company’s functional, business and technology organizations
Number of Years of Work Experience: 15+
• Expert in Product security
• Deep understanding of development methodologies
• Expert level understanding of developer tools and processes
• Ability to perform code reviews and dissect complex security issues
• Experience in managing product security vulnerabilities
• Ten+ years significant hands on experience in companies with significant online business, multiple business units, many products/solutions, Billion+ in annual revenue, and thousands of employees
• Understanding of security and privacy regulations and standards is desirable
• Demonstrated experience dealing with security challenges and issues confronting a large, geographically distributed, departmentally diverse, global, public-facing organization
• Effective in building company-wide relationships with senior technical, functional and business leaders to set long-term strategies and to assess and act on short-term objectives and needs
• Experienced in and able to formulate the cost benefit of security initiatives in the context of overall business risk mitigation and the company’s operational objectives
• Understanding of security and privacy regulations and standards is desirable
• Well versed in dealing with external security reports from security researchers
• Expert facilitator and communicator
• Ability to communicate with cross functional technical resources and business leaders
• Ability to work in a highly matrixed environment
• Project/Program management experience
• International experience or knowledge
• ISSP, CISM, CISA or other related credentials
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration or related field; Master’s level education preferred
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
You have not viewed any jobs recently
I recently rejoined Nuance because I love having the privilege of working with a diverse team of nice and talented individuals to drive customer satisfaction. Having the flexibility within my role to get stuff done while maintaining a good work-life balance.Martin General Manager
I fell in love with Nuance especially the innovative platforms we create and we impact people’s lives. The work I do every day at Nuance makes a difference and I know when I go home that I truly did something meaningful and important.Vishnu Tech Support
I have been working in the Healthcare industry for close to 20 years and have marveled at how Nuance has been able to keep up with the industry changes and challenges. Every day I am challenged, and every day I make sure the customer comes first. The culture and employees at Nuance are wonderful. I am proud to work for such a dynamic and diverse company and I look forward to the future growth.Kristen Inside Sales
I work with some of the smartest colleagues in the industry to turn leading technology and innovative ideas into products and solutions that solve real life problems and have a positive impact on people. I love the flexibility of working.Martin Product Manager
Life at Nuance
We believe in an inclusive culture founded in innovation, life-long development, community impact, and flexible benefits programs so that you can be your best every day.Learn More
Industries we Serve
Nuance can develop industry-specific solutions for your businessLearn More
- Tweets by NuanceInc