Find Nuance jobs that match your profile.
Senior Financial AnalystApply Job ID 1-40539 Date posted 04/11/2019 Location Burlington, Massachusetts
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Summary: The Corporate Finance team at Nuance is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst in our Burlington office. This role will be responsible for driving the weekly revenue and bookings forecast process, as well as supporting both the quarterly Guidance/Earnings cadence and annual revenue and bookings planning/target setting activities. This role offers an unparalleled level of visibility for an SFA; the incumbent will have frequent interaction with Corporate, Finance, and Division senior leadership. The Senior Financial Analyst will work cross-functionally with BU Finance, Sales Operations, Accounting, and BU Operations teams to develop, understand, and assess revenue & bookings forecasts, gross margin trending and drivers, and foreign exchange rate impacts on Nuance’s operations. We are looking for a candidate that’s comfortable not only deep diving into the numbers, but also synthesizing, summarizing, and communicating (written/PPT and verbally) their findings and recommendations. The position requires a high degree of accuracy, attention to detail, and self-motivation to be accountable to deliverables and deadlines.
• Drive the weekly revenue and bookings forecast process from end to end: managing inputs, communicating expectations, consolidating and synthesizing information, packaging the information for executive review, and providing an independent assessment of the business’ outlook.
• Partner with BU Finance, Sales Operations, Accounting, and BU Operations to understand key business drivers, new dynamics in the business, risks, and opportunities. Leverage these findings to produce insightful commentary and actionable insights for Corporate, Finance, and Divisions senior leadership.
• Support the quarterly Guidance and Earnings cadence with both retrospective analysis as well as prospective-focused outlooks; conduct ad-hoc analysis to support senior leadership in better understanding business drivers, allowing them to effectively relay Nuance’s value proposition to the market.
• Support the development of the annual operating plan and revenue and bookings target setting processes, balancing trends, risks, and opportunities in the business lines with corporate growth goals.
• Maintain a set of data-driven models, dashboards, and reports, while continuously looking for ways to improve their functionality.
• In conjunction with Accounting, BU Finance, and Sales Operations, support the quarterly royalty accrual process.
• On a monthly basis, assess the impact of fluctuations of foreign exchange rates on Nuance’s operations.
Number of Years of Work Experience: 3-5
• BA/BS in Finance, Accounting or Business; CPA or MBA highly desirable
• 4+ years of related Finance experience
• Expert level in Microsoft Excel (Pivot tables, vlookups, complex ‘IF’ statements, and dashboard creation)
• Comfortable wearing multiple hats, ranging from leading finance discussions to working with data to provide thoughtful analysis
• Self-directed, self-motivated and demonstrated experience providing ideas and solutions to further business understanding
• Must be able to listen and interpret the requirements of internal clients, plan accordingly and exceed expectations
• Exemplifies initiative, intelligence, strong attention to detail, and integrity in striving for continuous process improvement – a “right first time” approach
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as, strong interpersonal and organizational skills
• Demonstrated financial modeling knowledge and skills. Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem solving skills.
•Ability to navigate SFDC or a comparable CRM system
•Experience either creating, or maintaining Excel macros (VBA)
•Familiarity with the component parts of the P&L, able to assess changes in bookings/revenue and their corresponding impacts to margins and profits
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or Accounting. Advanced degree and/or certification (MBA, MSF, MSA, CFA, CPA) preferred
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
You have not viewed any jobs recently
I recently rejoined Nuance because I love having the privilege of working with a diverse team of nice and talent individuals to drive customer satisfaction. Having the flexibility within my role to get stuff done while maintaining a good work-life balance.Martin General Manager
I fell in love with Nuance especially the innovative platforms we create and we impact people’s lives. The work I do every day at Nuance makes a difference and I know when I go home that I truly did something meaningful and important.Vishnu Tech Support
I have been working in the Healthcare industry for close to 20 years and have marveled at how Nuance has been able to keep up with the industry changes and challenges. Every day I am challenged, and every day I make sure the customer comes first. The culture and employees at Nuance are wonderful. I am proud to work for such a dynamic and diverse company and I look forward to the future growth.Kristen Inside Sales
I work with some of the smartest colleagues in the industry to turn leading technology and innovative ideas into products and solutions that solve real life problems and have a positive impact on people. I love the flexibility of working.Martin Product Manager
Life at Nuance
We believe in an inclusive culture founded in innovation, life-long development, community impact, and flexible benefits programs so that you can be your best every day.Learn More
Industries we Serve
Nuance can develop industry-specific solutions for your businessLearn More
- Tweets by NuanceInc