Find Nuance jobs that match your profile.
Senior HPC DevOps EngineerApply Job ID 1-40187 Date posted 04/11/2019 Location Burlington, Massachusetts
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
The Nuance Global IT team is focused on supporting the company and employees with technical solutions and expertise that help the business run more efficiently, ensure security and data privacy, and support new IT infrastructure initiatives that drive innovation. Our team is composed of problem solvers with constant curiosity and different perspectives who love to collaborate to transform and rethink IT.
Summary: As an HPC DevOps Engineer, you will participate in the creation and maintenance of development, test and production cloud resident HPC environments with a goal of high availability, fault-tolerance and scalability. You will also be responsible for implementing continuous integration and deployment of code to the cloud hosted environments to accelerate development and reduce manual effort.
- Participate in planning, implementation, and growth of HPC infrastructure on Nuance-selected Cloud providers.
- Work with the larger design teams to develop and implement a full Hybrid Cloud Solution.
- Manage full application stacks from the OS through custom applications using cloud-based computing environments.
- Work closely with architecture and engineering teams to design networks, systems, and storage environment that effectively reflect business needs, security requirements, and service level requirements.
- Manage a continuous integration/continuous deployment methodology for the server-based technologies.
- Work with engineering and architecture teams to design and implement scalable software and infrastructure services.
- Work with the architecture team to design and implement a cloud management solution, potentially spanning multiple CSP and private cloud platforms.
Number of Years of Work Experience: 5+
- Experience designing and building HPC application environments on primary cloud provider infrastructure, including services for big data analytics, scale out HPC applications, GPU-centric ML and deep learning
- Experience with DevOps tools such as Jenkins, Maven, GitHub, Ansible, Artifactory, Sonar Qube in a cloud environment.
- Proficiency with Linux system administration and with scripting languages for developing IAAS and automation tools.
- Ability to create and utilize cloud Formation templates to automate build processes, including image generation.
- A team player capable of high performance, flexibility in a dynamic working environment and the ability to lead.
- Skill and ability to train others on technical and procedural topics.
- 5 years of related systems engineering experience.
- Multi-Cloud provider certified professional preferred
- Experience with technologies to include: Linux, Puppet, Grid Engine (or similar batch processing scheduler)
- 3 to 5 years of demonstrated experience in designing and developing complex distributed IT solutions (e.g. cloud, distributed systems or high-performance computing experience).
- Experience working within a HIPAA & PCI compliant environment with required access policy and logging controls.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
You have not viewed any jobs recently
I recently rejoined Nuance because I love having the privilege of working with a diverse team of nice and talent individuals to drive customer satisfaction. Having the flexibility within my role to get stuff done while maintaining a good work-life balance.Martin General Manager
I fell in love with Nuance especially the innovative platforms we create and we impact people’s lives. The work I do every day at Nuance makes a difference and I know when I go home that I truly did something meaningful and important.Vishnu Tech Support
I have been working in the Healthcare industry for close to 20 years and have marveled at how Nuance has been able to keep up with the industry changes and challenges. Every day I am challenged, and every day I make sure the customer comes first. The culture and employees at Nuance are wonderful. I am proud to work for such a dynamic and diverse company and I look forward to the future growth.Kristen Inside Sales
I work with some of the smartest colleagues in the industry to turn leading technology and innovative ideas into products and solutions that solve real life problems and have a positive impact on people. I love the flexibility of working.Martin Product Manager
Life at Nuance
We believe in an inclusive culture founded in innovation, life-long development, community impact, and flexible benefits programs so that you can be your best every day.Learn More
Industries we Serve
Nuance can develop industry-specific solutions for your businessLearn More
- Tweets by NuanceInc