Senior Manager of Business Analytics, CAPD-CDI ROIApply Location Burlington, Massachusetts
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients.
As Senior Manager of Business Analytics, CAPD-CDI ROI for Nuance Healthcare, you will lead the ROI analytics for Nuance’s Computer-assisted physician documentation (CAPD) and Clinical documentation improvement (CDI) solutions. This includes defining the core insights to measure clinical, quality and financial outcomes for the clients’ C-Suite, working with the Clinical Product Team and end-clients. You will work with Implementation Project Managers, and the Clinical consultants to collect data before implementation and establish a baseline, and create Insight Dashboards post-go live 30-60-90 days to demonstrate ROI and other outcomes, and create improvement case studies for the top-20 accounts, working with Customer success and the Reference Program team and achieve client buy-in and sign-off to the results. You will be required to present the business insights results presentation to these top-20 customers C-suite working with the Nuance customer success team.
In addition, you will drive the definition of physician-level dashboards around Provider-level-impacts on Patient safety, Quality measures and other measures, that are personal and relevant to the physician users of the product, to create “pull” and “desire” to increase the use of the products. You will also work with Client CDI specialists to establish baselines of Productivity, clarification rates etc. and demonstrate outcomes.
The Sr. Manager will also measure key insights across clients, such as performance at peer-group levels in the Industry, expand peer-group measures to include technology-only peer groups, and additional measures within the peer group.
- The role is responsible for executing and managing analytics initiatives and collaborating with the Lines-of-Business product teams to not only support, but also anticipate the analytic needs of clients. Working closely with the Product Managers and Director of Product Management, you will drive functional and business requirements to “productize and automate” the analytics into our core Analytics platforms.
- The candidate will work with and across multiple lines of business such as R&D, Marketing, Professional Services and Beta Management to lead the business justification and definitions for solutions services and technology requirements.
- You will be required to do hands-on data analysis working with customers and internal analysts, to generate ROI results, as well as work with Product Managers, Engineers, and QA to appropriately design and build the productized Analytics dashboards on time and on budget to meet the needs of healthcare provider professionals. You will be responsible for managing, publishing and evangelizing these Insights and ROI results with the Nuance customer base, and externally at events and conferences.
- Deep understanding of the EMR workflows such as Epic, Cerner, Meditech etc. and Physician documentation requirements as well as CDI and Coding workflows will enable you to direct product requirements aligning customer needs, competitive advantage, industry trends and return on investment, contributing to strong growth results for Nuance from the segment. You will ensure company values are reflected in Nuance products and services, including high regard for patient safety, improved patient outcomes and security of patient data.
- You will be a passionate, agile, and innovative thinker, with a ‘can-do’ attitude, championing opportunities that differentiate Nuance from its competition and create standout benefits for our customers. You will be able to prioritize high value activities that contribute to our strategy, bringing ideas to reality through delivery on the Analytics.
- Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing
Education:Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or Nursing Informatics, Clinical Informatics, Physician Assistant, HIM or other science, health care management, public health, etc.; Master’s degree is highly desired.
Number of Years of Work Experience: 8-12.Five or more years of experience as a CDI Director, Manager or Team Leader. Seven years minimum experience as an RN in an acute care area such as ED, ICU is preferred
- The ideal candidate is someone who has been a CDI Director, Manager or Team Leader, with experience presenting to the CMO, CFO, Head of RevCycle, and still has passion-desire for hands-on data analytics and tools, to expand our Analytics Services across Customers.
- Demonstrated experience doing business analysis using healthcare data and presenting Dashboards and getting alignment on Clinical, Quality and Financial Outcomes to CMOs, CFOs and Chief Quality Officers.
- Background in healthcare technology and previous experience with EMR/EHR systems. Health data experience using Patient medical record data, Coding, Billing and Claims datasets
- Experience building business cases for investments and demonstrating results and ROI to executives. Highly articulate presenter and strength with PowerPoint and Excel tools
- Excellent relationship skills, able to build rapport quickly and easily with domain experts.
- Experience with databases and data warehousing products, along with visualization tools preferred
- A zeal for metrics/analysis to deliver on business objectives.
- Demonstrated history in creative/big thinking that resulted in revenue.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is availablehere. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Our employees spend their days reinventing the relationship between people and technology. Join Nuance and help shape the future. Hear from members of our global team. Click profiles to learn more.
Close Employee InformationArvind K. R&D Pune, India
Innovation: Nuance is like a $2-billion start-up. There are so many things we are doing for the first time, but the scale is huge and the machinery is complex.
We are a matrix organization: It is challenging but very rewarding to build collaborations with stakeholders that are halfway around the world.
Impact: It boggles the mind to think that such a simple thing like software can not only change lives, but actually save lives. And finally, to paraphrase a quote from an unknown source: You have to be a little bit crazy to work at Nuance, but you have to be completely crazy to work anywhere else.
Close Employee InformationShauna D. Human Resources Burlington, United States
The global HR team is incredibly collaborative and creative. The work environment here at Nuance is diverse, dynamic - offering opportunities to challenge myself, while allowing me to have sound work-life balance.
Close Employee InformationVaidehi K. R&D Bangalore, India
“I like having the opportunity to work with different teams in Healthcare and I have been fortunate to make strong contacts over the years. I enjoy the fact that there are constantly new and diverse challenges and that I get to explore and learn new things every day.”
Close Employee InformationAnja L. Sales Aachen, Germany
I love being part of a team that is creating innovative strategies and building solutions for the world’s biggest companies. We’re changing how people interact with the technology they use every day— like their car—and that’s an incredible feeling!
Working at Nuance
With more than 13,500 employees and 45 offices around the world, we strive to create an exciting, collaborative, and supportive work environment.Learn More
As a key member of our team, you will expand your technical skills exponentially, grow your professional network, and work alongside some of the best and brightest in the world!Learn More
- Tweets by NuanceHealth