Find Nuance jobs that match your profile.
Senior Manager, Sales, M&S RenewalsApply Job ID 1-39986 Date posted 02/07/2019 Locaton Burlington, Massachusetts
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Enterprise team…great customer service starts here. We design virtual assistants for intelligent and effortless customer service helping customers find the informationthey need using whatever channel they prefer.
Nuance is seeking a Senior Inside Sales Manager for a team of account managers selling annual Maintenance & Support Service Contracts to the Install Base of customers. This role will be located in our Headquarters building in Burlington, MA. The primary focus of the Sales Manager is to grow and develop the sales team to achieve quota, develop and maintain Channel Partner relationships, and to drive strategic revenue growth initiatives. The quota is based on a highly predictable set of accounts with M&S amounts outlined in contract thus making quota highly achievable for the right person.
Principal duties and responsibilities
• Manage team of 5 Account Managers (Inside Sales) selling Maintenance & Support Renewals (Technical Support) to Nuance’s major partners and key customer accounts.
• Sell to Named Accounts from within top global companies and top industry partners giving a unique access to a set of top tier “name brand” customers.
• Responsible for a bookings quota based on the combined sales of each team member.
• Trains, mentors, coaches, and supervises inside sales Account Managers • Develop objectives & measures for each sales rep. Complete Annual Reviews and Personal Development Plans.
• Act as advisor to Account Managers to meet schedules and/or resolve sales / business problems.
• Conduct regular sales meetings to communicate / motivate Account Managers and ensure good working discipline leading to sales/ quota achievement.
• Develop a thorough understanding of account agreements, especially but not limited to licensing terms, M&S and Tech Support contract terms etc.
• Be able to act in a consulting capacity to customers, (both external and internal) by articulating key concepts from the agreement as needed.
• Work with team to prepare detailed account overviews for assigned accounts including license purchase history, historic M&S purchase history and projected M&S revenue trends.
• The Account Manager will be responsible for quoting, pipeline management, deal progression, forecasting, contact management tools, use of Outlook, PowerPoint and Salesforce.com, and Excel.
• Use of excel to manage forecasting, identify trends and report out on results.
• Drive strategic revenue growth initiatives like “raise rates,” reduced discounting, and new contract terms for Channel Partners for terms like increased M&S Rates.
• Negotiate complex M&S pricing and terms to maximize M&S Renewals from both large and small accounts.
• Work closely with account Nuance field sales representatives on key negotiations and First Year M&S.
• Interface with Legal, Revenue Recognition, and Finance as it pertains to Maintenance & Support.
• Make recommendations to policies and establish procedures that affect immediate organization(s).
• Identify and maintain key relationships within accounts
• Develop cooperative and strategic relationships with Channel partners.
• Manage channel partner contract terms (in conjunction with the channel partner team) in the business areas that pertain to Maintenance & Support.
• Develop close working relationship with the field sales organization to strategize on closure of M&S transactions.
•Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing
Knowledge, skills and qualifications
Education and Minimum years of work experience:
• A Bachelor's degree
• 5-7 years professional sales experience with Min 2 year of experience in a direct sales management role, or min 2 year as a “player-coach.” Please also feel free to apply if you have many years of sales management experience.
• Strong planning and execution skills, strategic thinking and judgment
• Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, meet aggressive sales objectives, and manage simultaneous activities.
• Working knowledge of excel, SFDC and ability to make sense of customer data.
• Compensation is based on a traditional sales model of base plus com
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is availablehere. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
You have not viewed any jobs recently
I recently rejoined Nuance because I love having the privilege of working with a diverse team of nice and talent individuals to drive customer satisfaction. Having the flexibility within my role to get stuff done while maintaining a good work-life balance.Martin General Manager
I fell in love with Nuance especially the innovative platforms we create and we impact people’s lives. The work I do every day at Nuance makes a difference and I know when I go home that I truly did something meaningful and important.Vishnu Tech Support
I have been working in the Healthcare industry for close to 20 years and have marveled at how Nuance has been able to keep up with the industry changes and challenges. Every day I am challenged, and every day I make sure the customer comes first. The culture and employees at Nuance are wonderful. I am proud to work for such a dynamic and diverse company and I look forward to the future growth.Kristen Inside Sales
I work with some of the smartest colleagues in the industry to turn leading technology and innovative ideas into products and solutions that solve real life problems and have a positive impact on people. I love the flexibility of working.Martin Product Manager
Life at Nuance
We believe in an inclusive culture founded in innovation, life-long development, community impact, and flexible benefits programs so that you can be your best every day.Learn More
Industries we Serve
Nuance can develop industry-specific solutions for your businessLearn More
- Tweets by NuanceInc