Senior Manager, Sales, M&S RenewalsApply Location Burlington, Massachusetts
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Enterprise team…great customer service starts here. We design virtual assistants for intelligent and effortless customer service helping customers find the informationthey need using whatever channel they prefer.
Nuance is seeking a Senior Inside Sales Manager for a team of account managers selling annual Maintenance & Support Service Contracts to the Install Base of customers. This role will be located in our Headquarters building in Burlington, MA. The primary focus of the Sales Manager is to grow and develop the sales team to achieve quota, develop and maintain Channel Partner relationships, and to drive strategic revenue growth initiatives. The quota is based on a highly predictable set of accounts with M&S amounts outlined in contract thus making quota highly achievable for the right person.
Principal duties and responsibilities
• Manage team of 5 Account Managers (Inside Sales) selling Maintenance & Support Renewals (Technical Support) to Nuance’s major partners and key customer accounts.
• Sell to Named Accounts from within top global companies and top industry partners giving a unique access to a set of top tier “name brand” customers.
• Responsible for a bookings quota based on the combined sales of each team member.
• Trains, mentors, coaches, and supervises inside sales Account Managers • Develop objectives & measures for each sales rep. Complete Annual Reviews and Personal Development Plans.
• Act as advisor to Account Managers to meet schedules and/or resolve sales / business problems.
• Conduct regular sales meetings to communicate / motivate Account Managers and ensure good working discipline leading to sales/ quota achievement.
• Develop a thorough understanding of account agreements, especially but not limited to licensing terms, M&S and Tech Support contract terms etc.
• Be able to act in a consulting capacity to customers, (both external and internal) by articulating key concepts from the agreement as needed.
• Work with team to prepare detailed account overviews for assigned accounts including license purchase history, historic M&S purchase history and projected M&S revenue trends.
• The Account Manager will be responsible for quoting, pipeline management, deal progression, forecasting, contact management tools, use of Outlook, PowerPoint and Salesforce.com, and Excel.
• Use of excel to manage forecasting, identify trends and report out on results.
• Drive strategic revenue growth initiatives like “raise rates,” reduced discounting, and new contract terms for Channel Partners for terms like increased M&S Rates.
• Negotiate complex M&S pricing and terms to maximize M&S Renewals from both large and small accounts.
• Work closely with account Nuance field sales representatives on key negotiations and First Year M&S.
• Interface with Legal, Revenue Recognition, and Finance as it pertains to Maintenance & Support.
• Make recommendations to policies and establish procedures that affect immediate organization(s).
• Identify and maintain key relationships within accounts
• Develop cooperative and strategic relationships with Channel partners.
• Manage channel partner contract terms (in conjunction with the channel partner team) in the business areas that pertain to Maintenance & Support.
• Develop close working relationship with the field sales organization to strategize on closure of M&S transactions.
•Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing
Knowledge, skills and qualifications
Education and Minimum years of work experience:
• A Bachelor's degree
• 5-7 years professional sales experience with Min 2 year of experience in a direct sales management role, or min 2 year as a “player-coach.” Please also feel free to apply if you have many years of sales management experience.
• Strong planning and execution skills, strategic thinking and judgment
• Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, meet aggressive sales objectives, and manage simultaneous activities.
• Working knowledge of excel, SFDC and ability to make sense of customer data.
• Compensation is based on a traditional sales model of base plus com
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is availablehere. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Our employees spend their days reinventing the relationship between people and technology. Join Nuance and help shape the future. Hear from members of our global team. Click profiles to learn more.
Close Employee InformationArvind K. R&D Pune, India
Innovation: Nuance is like a $2-billion start-up. There are so many things we are doing for the first time, but the scale is huge and the machinery is complex.
We are a matrix organization: It is challenging but very rewarding to build collaborations with stakeholders that are halfway around the world.
Impact: It boggles the mind to think that such a simple thing like software can not only change lives, but actually save lives. And finally, to paraphrase a quote from an unknown source: You have to be a little bit crazy to work at Nuance, but you have to be completely crazy to work anywhere else.
Close Employee InformationShauna D. Human Resources Burlington, United States
The global HR team is incredibly collaborative and creative. The work environment here at Nuance is diverse, dynamic - offering opportunities to challenge myself, while allowing me to have sound work-life balance.
Close Employee InformationVaidehi K. R&D Bangalore, India
“I like having the opportunity to work with different teams in Healthcare and I have been fortunate to make strong contacts over the years. I enjoy the fact that there are constantly new and diverse challenges and that I get to explore and learn new things every day.”
Close Employee InformationAnja L. Sales Aachen, Germany
I love being part of a team that is creating innovative strategies and building solutions for the world’s biggest companies. We’re changing how people interact with the technology they use every day— like their car—and that’s an incredible feeling!
Working at Nuance
With more than 13,500 employees and 45 offices around the world, we strive to create an exciting, collaborative, and supportive work environment.Learn More
As a key member of our team, you will expand your technical skills exponentially, grow your professional network, and work alongside some of the best and brightest in the world!Learn More
- Tweets by NuanceHealth