Find Nuance jobs that match your profile.
Senior NLP Research ScientistApply Job ID 1-43790 Date posted 02/11/2020 Location Burlington, Massachusetts
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Research scientist in the Healthcare Research organization working on state-of-the-art deep learning systems for our Ambient Clinical Intelligence product. Major duty is to help develop deep learning technology to improve physicians’ efficiency in clinical documentation, as well as develop tools to help other team members do similar research.
Principal duties and responsibilities
- The research will focus on creating state of the art, scalable, and self-learning systems for Ambient Clinical Intelligence and similar products.
- This includes designing, training and tuning a variety of deep neural network machine learning models.
- There will be a need to create models from varying levels of data quality and quantity, so ability to creatively apply domain knowledge will be important.
- It will be essential to perform data and error analysis in order to improve models and understand their shortcomings.
Knowledge, skills and qualifications
Education: Ph.D. (or M.S. with research and development experience) in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
Minimum years of work experience: 3+ Years
- Minimum of 2 years experience (including graduate school) training machine learning models, running experiments, and doing error analysis.
- Proven experience with Machine Learning algorithms, including Deep Neural Networks, supervised and semi-supervised methods with strong knowledge of the mathematical underpinnings behind these models.
- Experience with running experiments on large datasets.
- Experience with Natural Language Processing methods.
- Experience with open-source machine learning toolkits such as Tensorflow, Pytorch, etc.
- Software development experience in Python or similar language.
- Bash/Unix scripting skills
- Experience in medical text analytics and/or clinical information retrieval is a definite PLUS.
- Experience with text summarization and/or text generation is a PLUS.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communications, Inc. (“Nuance”) is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
You have not viewed any jobs recently
I recently rejoined Nuance because I love having the privilege of working with a diverse team of nice and talented individuals to drive customer satisfaction. Having the flexibility within my role to get stuff done while maintaining a good work-life balance.Martin General Manager
I fell in love with Nuance especially the innovative platforms we create and we impact people’s lives. The work I do every day at Nuance makes a difference and I know when I go home that I truly did something meaningful and important.Vishnu Tech Support
I have been working in the Healthcare industry for close to 20 years and have marveled at how Nuance has been able to keep up with the industry changes and challenges. Every day I am challenged, and every day I make sure the customer comes first. The culture and employees at Nuance are wonderful. I am proud to work for such a dynamic and diverse company and I look forward to the future growth.Kristen Inside Sales
I work with some of the smartest colleagues in the industry to turn leading technology and innovative ideas into products and solutions that solve real life problems and have a positive impact on people. I love the flexibility of working.Martin Product Manager
Life at Nuance
We believe in an inclusive culture founded in innovation, life-long development, community impact, and flexible benefits programs so that you can be your best every day.Learn More
Industries we Serve
Nuance can develop industry-specific solutions for your businessLearn More
- Tweets by NuanceInc