Find Nuance jobs that match your profile.
Senior Research EngineerApply Job ID 1-40291 Date posted 04/11/2019 Location Burlington, Massachusetts
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Enterprise team…great customer service starts here. We design virtual assistants for intelligent and effortless customer service helping customers find the information they need using whatever channel they prefer.
Summary: Join an energetic team developing and tuning advanced speech signal enhancement technology for multi-user speech applications on embedded platforms. This research engineering position is with the Core Technology Engine group, responsible for the development, productization and maintenance of all AI engines within Nuance.
- Power-user of Nuance speech signal enhancement technology contributing to configuration, tuning, and algorithm development satisfying complexities related to target devices in product use-cases.
- Analysis of constraints and requirements on embedded device (audio and video).
- Integration support of Nuance’s speech enhancement technology on embedded device.
- Accomplishment of audio path measurements, analysis of test results and support for audio related issues.
- Implementation of new features, code analysis, bug fixing and optimization for performance.
Number of Years of Work Experience: 3-5
- Background knowledge and hands-on experiences with signal processing technologies.
- Especially familiar with speech signal processing, speech enhancement, and noise reduction.
- Good knowledge on acoustic echo cancellation, beamforming and noise reduction technology
- Academic background in digital signal processing, speech and audio processing or similar
- Programming skills in C, MATLAB, Python, C++.
- Excellent algorithmic and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (listening and delivering).
- Ability to work with cross-disciplinary teams local and remote (spread over many countries and continents).
- Experience with using Nuance Speech Signal Enhancement (SSE) suite of signal processing technologies.
- Experience in software development for embedded systems in either automotive, consumer electronics or telecommunications.
- Experience in software development for smart-speaker devices
- Familiarity with embedded hardware and operating systems (e.g. Android, embedded Linux).
- Knowledge of audio/speech enhancement processing components deployed in hands-free and ASR applications.
- Experience with computer vision for speaker localization and tracking.
- German is a plus
Education: The candidate should have a Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Communications Technology or in a related field; industry experience in one of these domains is preferred. An academic background in digital signal processing, speech and audio processing is desired.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
You have not viewed any jobs recently
I recently rejoined Nuance because I love having the privilege of working with a diverse team of nice and talent individuals to drive customer satisfaction. Having the flexibility within my role to get stuff done while maintaining a good work-life balance.Martin General Manager
I fell in love with Nuance especially the innovative platforms we create and we impact people’s lives. The work I do every day at Nuance makes a difference and I know when I go home that I truly did something meaningful and important.Vishnu Tech Support
I have been working in the Healthcare industry for close to 20 years and have marveled at how Nuance has been able to keep up with the industry changes and challenges. Every day I am challenged, and every day I make sure the customer comes first. The culture and employees at Nuance are wonderful. I am proud to work for such a dynamic and diverse company and I look forward to the future growth.Kristen Inside Sales
I work with some of the smartest colleagues in the industry to turn leading technology and innovative ideas into products and solutions that solve real life problems and have a positive impact on people. I love the flexibility of working.Martin Product Manager
Life at Nuance
We believe in an inclusive culture founded in innovation, life-long development, community impact, and flexible benefits programs so that you can be your best every day.Learn More
Industries we Serve
Nuance can develop industry-specific solutions for your businessLearn More
- Tweets by NuanceInc