Senior Research Scientist, Automatic Speech RecognitionApply Location Burlington, Massachusetts; Montreal, Quebec; Quebec
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Mobile team…;intelligent systems now ready for the road. We are passionate about developing intelligent interfaces that enable people to talk to their cars, phones, devices, and other smart “things”.
Summary: Responsibilities comprise R&D around all aspects of real-world ASR systems.
- R&D into improving ASR in terms of key KPIs of compute cost, latency and accuracy
- Planning and execution of research project in all aspect of Automatic Speech Recognition
- Release of product deployment-ready ASR configurations
- Development of ASR system build and improvement recipes on continuous streams of field data
- Innovation around how we approach multi-lingual ASR
- End2end assessment and tuning of distributed spoken dialogue systems
- Coordination with engineering teams for getting research innovations into products and deployments
- Pro-active monitoring of our deployments towards identification of short-comings and exploitable data
- Monitoring of competition and academia, analysis of research innovations within and outside the company
- Formulation of inventions towards patent applications
Number of Years of Work Experience: 2-4
- Research experience in automatic speech recognition and/or digital signal processing domain
- Experience with Linux and scripting languages (perl, python, shell, cmd, ...)
- Familiarity with programming languages (java, C/C++, ...)
- Excellent communication skills
- Creativity and strong problem solving skills
- Excitement about real-world ASR deployments
- Strong scripting and coding skills
- Familiarity with large compute clusters and parallization, HPC/Grid computing experience
- Fair knowledge of client/server architectures, TCP/IP, HTTP, XML
- Deep knowledge around all aspects of automatic speech recognition
- R&D experience in areas of Deep Learning, Big Data, LVCSR, NLU
Education: Master in CS or EE or equivalent, PhD. preferred
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5000 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Our employees spend their days reinventing the relationship between people and technology. Join Nuance and help shape the future. Hear from members of our global team. Click profiles to learn more.
Close Employee InformationArvind K. R&D Pune, India
Innovation: Nuance is like a $2-billion start-up. There are so many things we are doing for the first time, but the scale is huge and the machinery is complex.
We are a matrix organization: It is challenging but very rewarding to build collaborations with stakeholders that are halfway around the world.
Impact: It boggles the mind to think that such a simple thing like software can not only change lives, but actually save lives. And finally, to paraphrase a quote from an unknown source: You have to be a little bit crazy to work at Nuance, but you have to be completely crazy to work anywhere else.
Close Employee InformationShauna D. Human Resources Burlington, United States
The global HR team is incredibly collaborative and creative. The work environment here at Nuance is diverse, dynamic - offering opportunities to challenge myself, while allowing me to have sound work-life balance.
Close Employee InformationDavid D. R&D Waterloo, Canada
“It’s all about the team here: Smart people working together to achieve our vision. Nuance is a company where folks work hard, exchange ideas, challenge the status quo, and build consensus to drive our solutions forward."
Close Employee InformationVaidehi K. R&D Bangalore, India
“I like having the opportunity to work with different teams in Healthcare and I have been fortunate to make strong contacts over the years. I enjoy the fact that there are constantly new and diverse challenges and that I get to explore and learn new things every day.”
Close Employee InformationEric T. Human Resources Atlanta, United States
It was the great Will Rogers who said… “If you want to be successful, it’s just this simple. Know what you are doing. Love what you are doing. And believe in what you are doing.” Here at Nuance –the work has always been challenging, demanding beyond belief, but in the service of others it’s fulfilling. I believe I’m making a difference. I believe together we’re making a difference. This is why I’m here.
Close Employee InformationAnja L. Sales Aachen, Germany
I love being part of a team that is creating innovative strategies and building solutions for the world’s biggest companies. We’re changing how people interact with the technology they use every day— like their car—and that’s an incredible feeling!
Working at Nuance
With more than 13,500 employees and 45 offices around the world, we strive to create an exciting, collaborative, and supportive work environment.Learn More
As a key member of our team, you will expand your technical skills exponentially, grow your professional network, and work alongside some of the best and brightest in the world!Learn More
- Tweets about from:NuanceHealth OR from:NuanceEnt OR from:NuanceHealth OR from:DragonTweets OR from:NuanceImage