Find Nuance jobs that match your profile.
Senior Revenue AccountantApply Job ID 1-41192 Date posted 05/16/2019 Location Burlington, Massachusetts
Nuance Communications, Inc. is the pioneer and leader in conversational AI innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. The company delivers solutions that understand, analyze and respond to human language, amplifying human intelligence. With decades of domain and artificial intelligence expertise, Nuance works with thousands of organizations – in healthcare, telecommunications, automotive, financial services, retail, and more – to create stronger relationships and better experiences for their customers.
Summary: At Nuance, we are reinventing the relationship between people and Technology.
We are more than a technology company, we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 10,000 employees globally. Finance is more than just a support function at Nuance, we are passionate about what we do!
We are a complex business, spanning across 5 divisions with multiple products and revenue streams. This is an opportunity to exercise your accounting and operational skills and utilize the latest industry technology (including Oracle and RevPro), at the same time in an environment that supports growth and an opportunity. If you have a strong level of intellectual curiosity, take pride in being part of a high caliber team, and are ready to bring your skills and experience to the next level, this position may be for you!
We are seeking a Senior Accountant for our Global Revenue Operations (GRO) team to be responsible for supporting the monthly and quarterly accounting close cycles associated with complex revenue arrangements. This position will be responsible for providing support to the Business Unit operations and finance teams on their forecasted and actual revenues. Position will be responsible for preparing reconciliations and related analysis of all accounts related to revenue, deferred revenue, costs, and deferred costs, etc monthly as well as assisting with defining and creating operating procedures and participating in business process improvement initiatives.
The qualified candidate will report to the Revenue Operations Manager, Global Revenue Operations, and will work closely with other members of the GRO team as well as other groups, such as Sales and Operations managers, Divisional Finance, Technical Revenue Accounting, and Order-To-Cash.
• Prepare monthly reconciliations and journal entries associated with royalties payable related accounts. This includes calculating fees owed, as well as researching and resolving reconciliation issues and discrepancies.
• Assist in preparing quarterly reconciliations and journal entries related to unbilled royalty receivable accounts. This includes working with Sales and Order Management teams to understand changes and forecasts.
• Develop and execute analytical procedures to understand and explain variances from expectations on account balances and transactional activity.
• Skilled in the ability to import and export large amounts of data
• Support external statutory reporting requirements as needed.
• Maintain appropriate internal controls and support external audit activities and audit preparation.
• Provide management and business unit operations and finance teams with financial reporting information and operational support.
Number of Years of Work Experience: 5+ years of experience in public accounting or corporate accounting within a publicly traded company
• Intellectual curiosity and creativity
• Demonstrated success driving measurable improvements to process and systems
• Broad knowledge of accounting practices and procedures
• Solid organizational skills with the capacity to prioritize and multi-task
• Strong MS Excel skills
• Excellent analytical skills, goal/deadline orientated
• Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to multi task and prioritize
• Ability to work extended hours, particularly in the weeks before and after a quarter close
Preferred Skills: ERP System experience including Oracle systems is a plus. Revpro experience is also a plus.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
You have not viewed any jobs recently
I recently rejoined Nuance because I love having the privilege of working with a diverse team of nice and talented individuals to drive customer satisfaction. Having the flexibility within my role to get stuff done while maintaining a good work-life balance.Martin General Manager
I fell in love with Nuance especially the innovative platforms we create and we impact people’s lives. The work I do every day at Nuance makes a difference and I know when I go home that I truly did something meaningful and important.Vishnu Tech Support
I have been working in the Healthcare industry for close to 20 years and have marveled at how Nuance has been able to keep up with the industry changes and challenges. Every day I am challenged, and every day I make sure the customer comes first. The culture and employees at Nuance are wonderful. I am proud to work for such a dynamic and diverse company and I look forward to the future growth.Kristen Inside Sales
I work with some of the smartest colleagues in the industry to turn leading technology and innovative ideas into products and solutions that solve real life problems and have a positive impact on people. I love the flexibility of working.Martin Product Manager
Life at Nuance
We believe in an inclusive culture founded in innovation, life-long development, community impact, and flexible benefits programs so that you can be your best every day.Learn More
Industries we Serve
Nuance can develop industry-specific solutions for your businessLearn More
- Tweets by NuanceInc