Find Nuance jobs that match your profile.
Senior Software Engineer, Interoperability PlatformApply Job ID 1-44433 Date posted 06/18/2020 Location Burlington, Massachusetts
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
The Senior Software Engineer will build and support a system for exchanging data from many sources, primarily EMR's, and in many forms. This data will need to be unified across the clinical continuum for Nuance customers.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, code, test, develop and document application programs for complex computer systems.
- Analyze and perform modifications to and maintenance of highly complex operational programs and procedures
- Document technical designs/solutions and program logic
- Analyze system and programming logic
- Program clear and concise solutions.
- Maintain project status documentation
- Participate in functional and technical reviews
- Provide technical guidance and assistance to a team of developers and perform code reviews
- Assist in identifying process improvements and application enhancements
- Assist in evaluation, selection, and prototyping of technical architecture.
- Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for secure.
Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications
Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Math or a related field
Minimum years of work experience: 5 years
- 3+ years of programming experience using Java, Scala or Python
- 2+ years of experience with healthcare IT.
- Experience with Relational Database Systems.
- Some experience with Big Data and related technologies
- Experience with XML, JSON, and related formats
- Experience with creating APIs and web services
- Security based best practices for SDLC
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities with rapidly changing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to interact with and accept direction from multiple managers and clients
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to define, plan and manage projects and supporting personnel
- Experience developing secure, highly available, cloud applications (Azure).
- Experience with SQL Server and Azure SQL
- Experience with HL7 FHIR protocol
- Security and authentication related technologies
- Familiarity with JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, or Crucible a plus (Atlassian toolset)
- Experience with Git/Bitbucket and Eclipse
- Experience collaborating with teams across multiple geographic locations and time zones
- Experience in being an active member of an Agile/Scrum team
- Familiarity with Behavioral Driven Development (BDD).
- Experience working in a cross-domain environment involving Java and other Open Source platforms.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.
You have not viewed any jobs recently
I have been working in the Healthcare industry for close to 20 years and have marveled at how Nuance has been able to keep up with the industry changes and challenges. Every day I am challenged, and every day I make sure the customer comes first. The culture and employees at Nuance are wonderful. I am proud to work for such a dynamic and diverse company and I look forward to the future growth.Kristen Inside Sales
I work with some of the smartest colleagues in the industry to turn leading technology and innovative ideas into products and solutions that solve real life problems and have a positive impact on people. I love the flexibility of working.Martin Product Manager
I fell in love with Nuance especially the innovative platforms we create and we impact people’s lives. The work I do every day at Nuance makes a difference and I know when I go home that I truly did something meaningful and important.Vishnu Tech Support
I recently rejoined Nuance because I love having the privilege of working with a diverse team of nice and talented individuals to drive customer satisfaction. Having the flexibility within my role to get stuff done while maintaining a good work-life balance.Martin General Manager
Life at Nuance
We believe in an inclusive culture founded in innovation, life-long development, community impact, and flexible benefits programs so that you can be your best every day.Learn More
Industries we Serve
Nuance can develop industry-specific solutions for your businessLearn More
- Tweets by NuanceInc