Find Nuance jobs that match your profile.
Software Release EngineerApply Job ID 1-41965 Date posted 08/05/2019 Location Burlington, Massachusetts
Nuance Communications, Inc. is the pioneer and leader in conversational AI innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. The company delivers solutions that understand, analyze and respond to human language, amplifying human intelligence. With decades of domain and artificial intelligence expertise, Nuance works with thousands of organizations – in healthcare, telecommunications, automotive, financial services, retail, and more – to create stronger relationships and better experiences for their customers.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients
Summary: The Software Release Engineer works with a team of developers, QA and documentation staff in the development and maintenance of Dragon Applications. The candidate will be a self-starter and will work on multiple deliverables with dynamic schedules.
- Build and Oversee Release Platforms
- From writing and executing test scripts to building software packages, release engineers ensure that new products are configured and coded properly for successful integration and operations. They assemble data on release metrics, oversee the source code management system, maintain multiple build environments, and document steps relating to the release process.
- Architecting, maintaining, and streamlining our automated build and release pipeline from code compilation, automated testing, to deploying releases to multiple environments.
- Maintaining source control branches and performing integrations with merge conflicts.
- Facilitating and championing the quick resolution of problems found during the daily build and deployment efforts.
- Creating and maintaining documentation of the build/release process.
- Assess Application Site Reliability
- Release engineers are responsible for assessing the Reliability, quality and risks of new products. They build test environments and troubleshoot any issues pertaining to the software’s performance. They work with software engineers to resolve any issues and document fixes for use in future reference materials.
- Investigating tools and processes and integrating them so that they can improve the reliability, stability and efficiency with which we release our services
- Set Release Schedule
- Using data analysis and production progress reports, release engineers organize a release schedule for a software product. They perform integration, oversee release deployment, generate release notes, and configure software to all platforms.
- Assist Development Team
- Release engineers build tools to support the software engineering process, review engineering practices, assist in researching new technologies, and meet with the development team to discuss future needs. They also provide ongoing support for completed products and maintain servers
- Working closely with the development team to integrate new deployment processes and tactics to meet our feature requirements.
- Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing.
Number of Years of Work Experience: 2+
- Strong knowledge of Azure Devops source control management and tools.
- Knowledge of CI/CD in Azure and continuous build, release and deployment systems.
- 2 years of experience with Python 3, Powershell., C# and .NET in a professional environment.
- Strong programming skills. You’re expected to be able to read and understand scripting and compliable code as well as develop necessary tools.
- Evidence of Experience integrating, testing, and deploying Azure Cloud Services into production systems e.g. compute, storage, Key Vault
- Excellent test-driven-, Functional Testing skills
- Secure Development Skills – knowledge of encryption algorithms, static scanning of application code, dynamic scanning of applications, and code remediation practices necessary to ensure the security of production web applications
- Strong skills scripting and testing REST APIs
- Strong track record of learning and implementing Azure Services
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Understanding of HITRUST / CSA compliance and securing personal information
- Experience with Atlassian tools – Jira and Confluence
- Experience with Agile Kanban
- Experience with iOS or Android mobile development
- Comfortable working within established code and process frameworks.
- Proactive and self-motivated – willing to improve on existing processes to allow for faster iterations
Education: BS in computer science or related discipline; MS preferred
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
You have not viewed any jobs recently
I recently rejoined Nuance because I love having the privilege of working with a diverse team of nice and talented individuals to drive customer satisfaction. Having the flexibility within my role to get stuff done while maintaining a good work-life balance.Martin General Manager
I fell in love with Nuance especially the innovative platforms we create and we impact people’s lives. The work I do every day at Nuance makes a difference and I know when I go home that I truly did something meaningful and important.Vishnu Tech Support
I have been working in the Healthcare industry for close to 20 years and have marveled at how Nuance has been able to keep up with the industry changes and challenges. Every day I am challenged, and every day I make sure the customer comes first. The culture and employees at Nuance are wonderful. I am proud to work for such a dynamic and diverse company and I look forward to the future growth.Kristen Inside Sales
I work with some of the smartest colleagues in the industry to turn leading technology and innovative ideas into products and solutions that solve real life problems and have a positive impact on people. I love the flexibility of working.Martin Product Manager
Life at Nuance
We believe in an inclusive culture founded in innovation, life-long development, community impact, and flexible benefits programs so that you can be your best every day.Learn More
Industries we Serve
Nuance can develop industry-specific solutions for your businessLearn More
- Tweets by NuanceInc