Sr Manager of CLU Application DevelopmentApply Location Burlington, Massachusetts
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients.
Nuance has an opening for a Senior Manager, CLU Applications Development that will lead the development of our cutting-edge Clinical Language Understanding (CLU) based applications. Lead multiple teams working to improve clinical documentation by providing innovative solutions to the problems. Using our state-of-the-art AI and NLP based technologies, develop applications that interface to drive documentation and overall care improvements with physicians as well as other clinical and healthcare roles.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Lead multiple geographically dispersed scrum teams in development of application software for Clinical Language Understanding products
- Build and manage team(s) that designs and delivers scalable, extensible complex distributed systems.
- Understand and drive the development of workflows to enable improved Clinical Documentation
- Lead the integration with partners to leverage CLU technologies into their workflows
- Work closely with a variety of different stakeholder groups, including product management, business analysts, marketing, and services to develop new products and features for the line of business.
- Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing
Knowledge, skills and qualifications -
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Minimum years of work experience: 5+ Years
- Ability to lead, organize, and manage projects beginning to end that require coordinated efforts across multiple functions
- Ability to operate and thrive in a fluid, ever changing environment. Proactive in approach with a focus on driving results and outcomes with multiple priorities and multiple stakeholders.
- 5+ years leading application development teams. Solid record of delivering product milestones on time and with high quality.
- Experience leading and working closely with local and remote development teams. Proven success in hiring and mentoring highly effective software teams.
- 4+ years developing Java server-side solutions to support web and other client applications.
- Knowledge of one or more cloud platform service like AWS, Google or Azure.
- Confident, self-motivated, with good communication skills and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills in an IT environment.
- Exceptional ability to quickly understand and work with application functionality and system technology (OS, APIs).
- Ability to multitask with proven tight deadline experience in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Solid understanding of clinical and physician workflows preferred.
- Good knowledge in Health care software and familiar with medical terminologies preferred
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is availablehere. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Our employees spend their days reinventing the relationship between people and technology. Join Nuance and help shape the future. Hear from members of our global team. Click profiles to learn more.
Close Employee InformationArvind K. R&D Pune, India
Innovation: Nuance is like a $2-billion start-up. There are so many things we are doing for the first time, but the scale is huge and the machinery is complex.
We are a matrix organization: It is challenging but very rewarding to build collaborations with stakeholders that are halfway around the world.
Impact: It boggles the mind to think that such a simple thing like software can not only change lives, but actually save lives. And finally, to paraphrase a quote from an unknown source: You have to be a little bit crazy to work at Nuance, but you have to be completely crazy to work anywhere else.
Close Employee InformationShauna D. Human Resources Burlington, United States
The global HR team is incredibly collaborative and creative. The work environment here at Nuance is diverse, dynamic - offering opportunities to challenge myself, while allowing me to have sound work-life balance.
Close Employee InformationVaidehi K. R&D Bangalore, India
“I like having the opportunity to work with different teams in Healthcare and I have been fortunate to make strong contacts over the years. I enjoy the fact that there are constantly new and diverse challenges and that I get to explore and learn new things every day.”
Close Employee InformationAnja L. Sales Aachen, Germany
I love being part of a team that is creating innovative strategies and building solutions for the world’s biggest companies. We’re changing how people interact with the technology they use every day— like their car—and that’s an incredible feeling!
Working at Nuance
With more than 13,500 employees and 45 offices around the world, we strive to create an exciting, collaborative, and supportive work environment.Learn More
As a key member of our team, you will expand your technical skills exponentially, grow your professional network, and work alongside some of the best and brightest in the world!Learn More
- Tweets by NuanceHealth