Find Nuance jobs that match your profile.
Sr Software Developer (full stack)Apply Job ID 1-39643 Date posted 01/07/2019 Locaton Burlington, Massachusetts
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients.
Engineer focused on client and server component development for real-time speech recognition applications hosted in the Microsoft Azure cloud. Tasks include API design/integration, web service development/consumption and client application development/debugging. Position reports to Director of Engineering.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Work independently, or in a group under the direction of a team lead, creating modules, design documentation, subsystems or applications in C# and C++.
- Experience architecting and implementing new modules as well as debugging issues in existing code.
- Experience implementing unit tests and applying a Test Driven Development mindframe.
- Work with various operating platforms and third-party SDKs in the production of embedded systems meeting high performance, security, and scalability expectations.
- Positive attitude and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Document his or her work in English
- Experience working with Agile development methodologies, including Scrum and Kanban
- Participate in regular team meetings and/or conference calls
- Good communication and relationships with other developers and the QA team
-Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing
Education: BS degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
Minimum years of work experience: 5 Years
- Solid knowledge of C#, .Net (MFC, WPF, WCF, REST)
- Working knowledge of C++
- Strong experience with web service development
- Demonstrated OOD experience
- Knowledge of the Java and Objective C languages a plus
- Some exposure to VMWare and Azure platform
- Extensive experience in multithreaded and networked software development on embedded systems
- Experience with database schemas
- Strong UX design and implementation skills
- Conversant with UX design principles and attuned to a positive user experience
- Experience in the Healthcare field a plus
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is availablehere. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
You have not viewed any jobs recently
I recently rejoined Nuance because I love having the privilege of working with a diverse team of nice and talent individuals to drive customer satisfaction. Having the flexibility within my role to get stuff done while maintaining a good work-life balance.Martin General Manager
I fell in love with Nuance especially the innovative platforms we create and we impact people’s lives. The work I do every day at Nuance makes a difference and I know when I go home that I truly did something meaningful and important.Vishnu Tech Support
I have been working in the Healthcare industry for close to 20 years and have marveled at how Nuance has been able to keep up with the industry changes and challenges. Every day I am challenged, and every day I make sure the customer comes first. The culture and employees at Nuance are wonderful. I am proud to work for such a dynamic and diverse company and I look forward to the future growth.Kristen Inside Sales
I work with some of the smartest colleagues in the industry to turn leading technology and innovative ideas into products and solutions that solve real life problems and have a positive impact on people. I love the flexibility of working.Martin Product Manager
Life at Nuance
We believe in an inclusive culture founded in innovation, life-long development, community impact, and flexible benefits programs so that you can be your best every day.Learn More
Industries we Serve
Nuance can develop industry-specific solutions for your businessLearn More
- Tweets by NuanceInc