Sr Software DeveloperApply Location Burlington, Massachusetts; Mahwah, New Jersey; Melbourne, Florida
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients.
Engineer focused on client and server component development for real-time speech recognition applications hosted in the Microsoft Azure cloud. Tasks include API design/integration, web service development/consumption and client application development/debugging. Position reports to Director of Engineering.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Work independently, or in a group under the direction of a team lead, creating modules, design documentation, subsystems or applications in C# and C++.
- Experience architecting and implementing new modules as well as debugging issues in existing code.
- Experience implementing unit tests and applying a Test Driven Development mindframe.
- Work with various operating platforms and third-party SDKs in the production of embedded systems meeting high performance, security, and scalability expectations.
- Positive attitude and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Document his or her work in English
- Experience working with Agile development methodologies, including Scrum and Kanban
- Participate in regular team meetings and/or conference calls
- Good communication and relationships with other developers and the QA team
-Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing
Education: BS degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
Minimum years of work experience: 5 Years
- Solid knowledge of C#, .Net (MFC, WPF, WCF, REST)
- Working knowledge of C++
- Strong experience with web service development
- Demonstrated OOD experience
- Knowledge of the Java and Objective C languages a plus
- Some exposure to VMWare and Azure platform
- Extensive experience in multithreaded and networked software development on embedded systems
- Experience with database schemas
- Strong UX design and implementation skills
- Conversant with UX design principles and attuned to a positive user experience
- Experience in the Healthcare field a plus
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is availablehere. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Our employees spend their days reinventing the relationship between people and technology. Join Nuance and help shape the future. Hear from members of our global team. Click profiles to learn more.
Close Employee InformationArvind K. R&D Pune, India
Innovation: Nuance is like a $2-billion start-up. There are so many things we are doing for the first time, but the scale is huge and the machinery is complex.
We are a matrix organization: It is challenging but very rewarding to build collaborations with stakeholders that are halfway around the world.
Impact: It boggles the mind to think that such a simple thing like software can not only change lives, but actually save lives. And finally, to paraphrase a quote from an unknown source: You have to be a little bit crazy to work at Nuance, but you have to be completely crazy to work anywhere else.
Close Employee InformationShauna D. Human Resources Burlington, United States
The global HR team is incredibly collaborative and creative. The work environment here at Nuance is diverse, dynamic - offering opportunities to challenge myself, while allowing me to have sound work-life balance.
Close Employee InformationVaidehi K. R&D Bangalore, India
“I like having the opportunity to work with different teams in Healthcare and I have been fortunate to make strong contacts over the years. I enjoy the fact that there are constantly new and diverse challenges and that I get to explore and learn new things every day.”
Close Employee InformationAnja L. Sales Aachen, Germany
I love being part of a team that is creating innovative strategies and building solutions for the world’s biggest companies. We’re changing how people interact with the technology they use every day— like their car—and that’s an incredible feeling!
Working at Nuance
With more than 13,500 employees and 45 offices around the world, we strive to create an exciting, collaborative, and supportive work environment.Learn More
As a key member of our team, you will expand your technical skills exponentially, grow your professional network, and work alongside some of the best and brightest in the world!Learn More
- Tweets by NuanceHealth