Technical Publications ManagerApply Location Burlington, Massachusetts
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Enterprise team…great customer service starts here. We design virtual assistants for intelligent and effortless customer service helping customers find the informationthey need using whatever channel they prefer.
Nuance is looking for an energetic, experienced manager to lead the Enterprise division’s technical publications team. We produce content for a large portfolio of Enterprise products for both internal and external audiences. Our products span a broad array of uses including deploying and managing large-scale customer service solutions to designing, developing, and tuning speech and language-based applications for voice, web, and mobile. We maintain a large base of legacy content as well as supporting significant new product development efforts in the speech and language AI space. We are looking for an inspiring leader to take our content, delivery channels, and overall user experience to the next level.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Lead a team of diverse and talented technical writers distributed across multiple geographies, supporting employee development in the context of a larger collaborative team
- Work with peers and senior management to identify priorities and allocate staff accordingly and to clearly communicate commitments and expectations
- Drive continuous improvement processes for content quality and writer productivity, based on business priorities and user inputs
- Help define the evolution of our content architecture and delivery platform, and plan for how to get from here to there
- Refine content branding and look-and-feel, and promote consistency across product suites
- Modernize content through use of web-based media where appropriate
- Proactively seek opportunities to improve overall product success via enhanced content and delivery methods
- Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing
Minimum years of work experience: 10+ years of experience in a dynamic software development environment
- Experience with Agile development
- Knowledge of content management strategies, information architecture guidelines, and publishing/delivery processes
- Strong interest in new technologies and ability to learn quickly
- Proactive team player who can see the big picture, solve problems, and build positive relationships with people in a variety of roles
- Experience managing and developing people and teams
- Proven communication and project management skills
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment; able to adapt to change and make decisions confidently
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is availablehere. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Our employees spend their days reinventing the relationship between people and technology. Join Nuance and help shape the future. Hear from members of our global team. Click profiles to learn more.
Close Employee InformationArvind K. R&D Pune, India
Innovation: Nuance is like a $2-billion start-up. There are so many things we are doing for the first time, but the scale is huge and the machinery is complex.
We are a matrix organization: It is challenging but very rewarding to build collaborations with stakeholders that are halfway around the world.
Impact: It boggles the mind to think that such a simple thing like software can not only change lives, but actually save lives. And finally, to paraphrase a quote from an unknown source: You have to be a little bit crazy to work at Nuance, but you have to be completely crazy to work anywhere else.
Close Employee InformationShauna D. Human Resources Burlington, United States
The global HR team is incredibly collaborative and creative. The work environment here at Nuance is diverse, dynamic - offering opportunities to challenge myself, while allowing me to have sound work-life balance.
Close Employee InformationVaidehi K. R&D Bangalore, India
“I like having the opportunity to work with different teams in Healthcare and I have been fortunate to make strong contacts over the years. I enjoy the fact that there are constantly new and diverse challenges and that I get to explore and learn new things every day.”
Close Employee InformationAnja L. Sales Aachen, Germany
I love being part of a team that is creating innovative strategies and building solutions for the world’s biggest companies. We’re changing how people interact with the technology they use every day— like their car—and that’s an incredible feeling!
Working at Nuance
With more than 13,500 employees and 45 offices around the world, we strive to create an exciting, collaborative, and supportive work environment.Learn More
As a key member of our team, you will expand your technical skills exponentially, grow your professional network, and work alongside some of the best and brightest in the world!Learn More
- Tweets by NuanceHealth