Vice President, GM Clinical Quality & Revenue IntegrityApply Location Burlington, Massachusetts
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients.
To ensure that the company has the quality of leadership required to fully achieve the tremendous market opportunity that lies before it, Nuance Healthcare desires to recruit a highly accomplished executive to lead the corporation’s new Vice President & General Manager, Clinical Quality & Revenue Integrity (VP/GM) line of business. This leadership role is responsible for a $150-200 million product/service line within an $800M Provider Solutions line of business, a core and critical growth vector in the multi-year plan (MYP) for the $1B+ Healthcare division.
This position will report to the SVP/GM of the Provider Solutions line of business and will work with the Healthcare Division’s senior executive team and Line of Business leadership teams. The focus of this position will be to further shape and lead the successful execution of the overall business plan and go-to-market strategies, and improve profitable contribution to the division’s P&L. Achievement will be based upon optimizing the vast marketplace opportunities by directly impacting revenue growth in the fields of Nuance’s “Computer-Assisted” solutions CAPD (Computer-Assisted Physicians Documentation) and CACDI (Computer-Assisted Clinical Documentation Improvement), as well strategically aligned CDI (Clinical Document Improvement) Services and targeted Revenue Cycle Management market opportunity. The VP/GM Clinical Quality & Revenue Integrity will be accountable for all aspects of the day-to-day operational execution and performance and results. For the Quality & Revenue Integrity line of business as any GM within Nuance, the role expectation is to set the vision, drive the Product Roadmap and define Client Experience to inform the roadmaps delivering on the vision.
- Develop a comprehensive strategy for the Quality & Revenue Integrity business through full emersion and understanding of current and potential markets, a thorough audit of the company’s product and service lines, pricing strategy, potential partners, business development initiatives, ideas and plans.
- Guide the product and services solutions along the path of performance from both market penetration and financial standpoints.
- Lead the CDI Services – Service Line – and the evolving CDI/CAPD “managed services offering”.
- Work closely with Product Management leadership as a deep domain expert, bringing deep healthcare IQ and revenue and clinical quality expertise to the Product Management function
- Own operational, financial, and product/service launch progression and success ‘on time’, ‘on budget’ as measured by business objectives, including NNB, Gross Bookings (Renewals), and Revenue.
- Working closely with Sales, he/she will be directly engaged in Sales opportunities, pipeline reviews, and an expert in the space contributing to the growth and evolution of the Healthcare IQ of the Sales and Account Management organization.
- To execute on delivery, the VP/GM will work with counterparts to ensure go-to-market strategies are effectively directed to the marketplace and that forecasted sales revenues and budget projections are fully realized.
- Leadership, collaboration, cooperation, and team building within the Divisional matrix organization driving business unit (BU) and supporting functional alignment within (i) the Provider Solutions line of business, specifically Product Management, Professional Services, other Service Lines (e.g. EHR NTS, etc.) and (ii) Corporate, Sales, Client Success, Support, Finance, Engineering, and Marketing/Solutions Marketing.
- Work closely with functional leaders identifying improvements to marketing, sales, and business development activities while optimizing product positioning and other activities to capture economies of scale.
- Continuously seek to improve the substance and delivery of products and services which are consistent with a profitable and sustainable deployment and support strategy.
- Inspire, motivate, lead and where necessary make upgrades to the team. Demonstrate a personal commitment, lead by example, and act as a lightning rod in attracting the best and brightest to the Company.
- Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for secure
Nuance is looking to recruit a senior Healthcare executive with a track record of successful management and execution of complex strategies and go to market initiatives. The successful candidate will possess in-depth knowledge of the health information solutions serving the provider market (hospitals, health systems and physician practices), and more specifically deep domain expertise in the cross-section of clinical and financial quality and integrity covering both inpatient/outpatient settings (facility and professional). He/she will bring functional expertise in Product Management, having previously led Product Management teams or held a Product Management leadership role in taking Products and/or Services to market. The best candidate will have held P&L responsibility and demonstrated a bias for execution and a results-driven success in leading a line of business.
- 15+ years of experience in healthcare information technology and services, ideally in solutions dealing with large enterprises across all specialties (both clinical and revenue cycle experience preferred);
- 5+ years functioning in a strategic leadership role within the healthcare industry focused on product management, sales, marketing, business planning/development, and operations.
- Extensive, up-to-date knowledge of clinical documentation/clinical information solutions including CDI, coding, risk adjustment, clinical quality measures and EHR systems;
- Demonstrable go-to-market cross functional leadership success with preferably both product and service experience.
- Superior execution and operational capabilities - an individual who is riveted on execution and able to cost-effectively drive required results.
- Exceptional strategic planning, product management and commercial skills. Has the ability to work with the existing management team to refine and communicate the vision and strategy to help grow the healthcare division into a highly profitable venture.
- Must have a strong product orientation and experience in growth environments. Demonstrated ability to improve the substance and delivery of its products and services which are consistent with a profitable and sustainable deployment and support strategy.
- Accomplished leader that creates a results-oriented culture where he/she can mobilize and energize large, complex cross-functional teams in a matrixed organization to implement world-class solutions.
- Requires superior communication and interpersonal skills to inform, lead and influence key stakeholders. Direct and transparent communication style highly preferred.
- Customer and execution-focused w/ transparency; lead through change; inspire people
- Ability to collaborate with and influence, large distributed teams with diverse skill sets
- Fact based and analytical decision maker, while collaborative and highly communicative
- Fully accountable and drives culture of accountability
- Driven and tenacious in pursuing domain talent development and operational excellence
- A Bachelor’s degree in business management or related field; MBA preferred.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is availablehere. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Our employees spend their days reinventing the relationship between people and technology. Join Nuance and help shape the future. Hear from members of our global team. Click profiles to learn more.
Close Employee InformationArvind K. R&D Pune, India
Innovation: Nuance is like a $2-billion start-up. There are so many things we are doing for the first time, but the scale is huge and the machinery is complex.
We are a matrix organization: It is challenging but very rewarding to build collaborations with stakeholders that are halfway around the world.
Impact: It boggles the mind to think that such a simple thing like software can not only change lives, but actually save lives. And finally, to paraphrase a quote from an unknown source: You have to be a little bit crazy to work at Nuance, but you have to be completely crazy to work anywhere else.
Close Employee InformationShauna D. Human Resources Burlington, United States
The global HR team is incredibly collaborative and creative. The work environment here at Nuance is diverse, dynamic - offering opportunities to challenge myself, while allowing me to have sound work-life balance.
Close Employee InformationVaidehi K. R&D Bangalore, India
“I like having the opportunity to work with different teams in Healthcare and I have been fortunate to make strong contacts over the years. I enjoy the fact that there are constantly new and diverse challenges and that I get to explore and learn new things every day.”
Close Employee InformationAnja L. Sales Aachen, Germany
I love being part of a team that is creating innovative strategies and building solutions for the world’s biggest companies. We’re changing how people interact with the technology they use every day— like their car—and that’s an incredible feeling!
Working at Nuance
With more than 13,500 employees and 45 offices around the world, we strive to create an exciting, collaborative, and supportive work environment.Learn More
As a key member of our team, you will expand your technical skills exponentially, grow your professional network, and work alongside some of the best and brightest in the world!Learn More
- Tweets by NuanceHealth