Find Nuance jobs that match your profile.
Senior Sales EngineerApply Job ID 1-40472 Date posted 04/11/2019 Location California | San Francisco, California | Arizona | Colorado | Seattle, Washington
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Enterprise team…great customer service starts here. We design virtual assistants for intelligent and effortless customer service helping customers find the information they need using whatever channel they prefer.
The Sales Engineer will support the Commercial and Government Enterprise Sales team with technical elements of the pre-sales activities working in diverse industries to support the Enterprise portfolio of Nuance products and solutions.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Manage a set of key customers/partners with the responsibility for assisting them in growing the sales of Nuance’s solutions within their account base.
- Consult directly with clients to explain the technical aspects of Nuance’s capabilities and develop solution roadmaps. This includes performing initial application discovery with customers/partners, elaborating on functional and feature requirements of the target solution with the customer/partner, architect workable solutions and evaluating possible paths/workflows that are technologically feasible and make good business sense
- Work with Sales Executives, Product Management, Professional Services, Finance, and Legal on technical aspects of proposals for professional services, and statements of work for applications and technology integration based on preliminary customer/partner requirements.
- Work with Sales and PS Teams to provide accurate work estimates and price quotes for engagements.
- Work with Sales, Professional Services, Product Management, and customers as necessary, to determine innovative approaches for "non-standard" implementations.
- Maintain communication with people at all levels internally as well as with customers/partners, ensuring the proper and timely flow of solution and technical information from and to the account.
- Collaborate with sales and marketing teams in making sales presentations by sharing accurate technical information that describes the technology behind how Nuance products work. This often includes conducting product demonstrations for customers/partners.
- Provide input into product and research direction by establishing technical requirements, sharing market feedback with product management, and providing feedback on product roadmaps and release definitions.
- Maintain a deep and ongoing understanding of our technology, including the user interface, integration methods, business rules, and limitations of the technology.
- Project scoping: Experience responding to Requests for Information (RFIs) and Requests for Proposals (RFPs), providing input on scoping and estimating time/resources and providing quotes for the project’s technical requirements.
- Strategic approach: Understands sales cycle and strategies. Gives valuable input to constantly improve sales strategy. Actively implements and supports approach and processes as defined by sales management
- Account development: Understands the account from an organizational, financial and product standpoint. Ability to clearly outline and develop business cases. Prepares well for sales meetings, has data readily available, and immediately follows up on open issues/concerns
- Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing
Knowledge, skills and qualifications –
Education: Bachelor Degree, preferably in a Computer Science or Engineering Discipline
Minimum years of work experience: 10
- Previous experience working in a consultative presales role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent demo and presentation skills
- Ability to work remotely and independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Superior customer interface, telephone, email etiquette skills
- Planning, negotiating and time and priority management skills are critical
- Ability to take customer requirements and consult with relevant internal authorities in order to draft to proposals and statements of work.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and cope/ react appropriately in a fast moving, constantly changing work environment
- Knows when to escalate issues to Nuance or client management as appropriate for the situation.
- Experience with contact center technologies (IVR, WFM, Telephony)
- Basic understanding of Voice Biometrics and Speech Recognition
- Basic understanding of digital interaction technologies such as live chat, virtual agents/chatbots
- Basic understanding of web development technologies (Java, Tagging, Analytics)
- Basic understanding of call center analytics
- Relevant enterprise industry experience (contact center technology providers, speech technology, IVR, web/mobile, Artificial Intelligence)
- Familiarity with IS Security and industry related regulations (Sarbanes-Oxley, PCI DSS, Data Protection and Privacy regulations).
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
You have not viewed any jobs recently
I recently rejoined Nuance because I love having the privilege of working with a diverse team of nice and talent individuals to drive customer satisfaction. Having the flexibility within my role to get stuff done while maintaining a good work-life balance.Martin General Manager
I fell in love with Nuance especially the innovative platforms we create and we impact people’s lives. The work I do every day at Nuance makes a difference and I know when I go home that I truly did something meaningful and important.Vishnu Tech Support
I have been working in the Healthcare industry for close to 20 years and have marveled at how Nuance has been able to keep up with the industry changes and challenges. Every day I am challenged, and every day I make sure the customer comes first. The culture and employees at Nuance are wonderful. I am proud to work for such a dynamic and diverse company and I look forward to the future growth.Kristen Inside Sales
I work with some of the smartest colleagues in the industry to turn leading technology and innovative ideas into products and solutions that solve real life problems and have a positive impact on people. I love the flexibility of working.Martin Product Manager
Life at Nuance
We believe in an inclusive culture founded in innovation, life-long development, community impact, and flexible benefits programs so that you can be your best every day.Learn More
Industries we Serve
Nuance can develop industry-specific solutions for your businessLearn More
- Tweets by NuanceInc