Find Nuance jobs that match your profile.
Principal Research ScientistApply Job ID 1-38989 Date posted 01/07/2019 Locaton Cambridge, England
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Mobile team…;intelligent systems now ready for the road. We are passionate about developing intelligent interfaces that enable people to talk to their cars, phones, devices, and other smart “things”.
As a Principal Research Scientist you will do research into all aspects of speech recognition algorithms with the aim of optimizing accuracy. This will include research into algorithms to increase robustness to various acoustic conditions encountered in real-world data, as well as underlying modelling techniques.
- Provide experimental and theoretical analysis of speech recognition problems.
- Formulate new algorithms, create research tools, and design and implement experiments to verify new algorithms.
- Optimize the accuracy of speech recognition systems on challenging real-world data.
- Work with team members to build and deliver acoustic models for Nuance products.
- Follow developments in speech recognition algorithms to keep our research state-of-the-art.
- Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing
- Ideally 2-5 years of work experience
- A good understanding of machine learning algorithms including deep learning.
- In-depth understanding of speech recognition algorithms including neural network based acoustic and language modelling.
- Python and shell scripting in a UNIX environment.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct novel research in speech recognition algorithms.
- Good written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to take initiative, but also follow a plan and work well as part of a team.
- Good analytical and diagnostic skills.
- Experience of running large scale experiments in a Sun Grid Engine environment.
- Experience with C/C++.
- Ph.D. or Master degree in speech recognition or machine learning.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
You have not viewed any jobs recently
I recently rejoined Nuance because I love having the privilege of working with a diverse team of nice and talent individuals to drive customer satisfaction. Having the flexibility within my role to get stuff done while maintaining a good work-life balance.Martin General Manager
I fell in love with Nuance especially the innovative platforms we create and we impact people’s lives. The work I do every day at Nuance makes a difference and I know when I go home that I truly did something meaningful and important.Vishnu Tech Support
I have been working in the Healthcare industry for close to 20 years and have marveled at how Nuance has been able to keep up with the industry changes and challenges. Every day I am challenged, and every day I make sure the customer comes first. The culture and employees at Nuance are wonderful. I am proud to work for such a dynamic and diverse company and I look forward to the future growth.Kristen Inside Sales
I work with some of the smartest colleagues in the industry to turn leading technology and innovative ideas into products and solutions that solve real life problems and have a positive impact on people. I love the flexibility of working.Martin Product Manager
Life at Nuance
We believe in an inclusive culture founded in innovation, life-long development, community impact, and flexible benefits programs so that you can be your best every day.Learn More
Industries we Serve
Nuance can develop industry-specific solutions for your businessLearn More
- Tweets by NuanceInc