Principal Research ScientistApply Location Cambridge, United Kingdom; Marlow, United Kingdom
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Mobile team…;intelligent systems now ready for the road. We are passionate about developing intelligent interfaces that enable people to talk to their cars, phones, devices, and other smart “things”.
As a Principal Research Scientist you will do research into all aspects of speech recognition algorithms with the aim of optimizing accuracy. This will include research into algorithms to increase robustness to various acoustic conditions encountered in real-world data, as well as underlying modelling techniques.
- Provide experimental and theoretical analysis of speech recognition problems.
- Formulate new algorithms, create research tools, and design and implement experiments to verify new algorithms.
- Optimize the accuracy of speech recognition systems on challenging real-world data.
- Work with team members to build and deliver acoustic models for Nuance products.
- Follow developments in speech recognition algorithms to keep our research state-of-the-art.
- Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing
- Ideally 2-5 years of work experience
- A good understanding of machine learning algorithms including deep learning.
- In-depth understanding of speech recognition algorithms including neural network based acoustic and language modelling.
- Python and shell scripting in a UNIX environment.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct novel research in speech recognition algorithms.
- Good written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to take initiative, but also follow a plan and work well as part of a team.
- Good analytical and diagnostic skills.
- Experience of running large scale experiments in a Sun Grid Engine environment.
- Experience with C/C++.
- Ph.D. or Master degree in speech recognition or machine learning.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Our employees spend their days reinventing the relationship between people and technology. Join Nuance and help shape the future. Hear from members of our global team. Click profiles to learn more.
Close Employee InformationArvind K. R&D Pune, India
Innovation: Nuance is like a $2-billion start-up. There are so many things we are doing for the first time, but the scale is huge and the machinery is complex.
We are a matrix organization: It is challenging but very rewarding to build collaborations with stakeholders that are halfway around the world.
Impact: It boggles the mind to think that such a simple thing like software can not only change lives, but actually save lives. And finally, to paraphrase a quote from an unknown source: You have to be a little bit crazy to work at Nuance, but you have to be completely crazy to work anywhere else.
Close Employee InformationShauna D. Human Resources Burlington, United States
The global HR team is incredibly collaborative and creative. The work environment here at Nuance is diverse, dynamic - offering opportunities to challenge myself, while allowing me to have sound work-life balance.
Close Employee InformationVaidehi K. R&D Bangalore, India
“I like having the opportunity to work with different teams in Healthcare and I have been fortunate to make strong contacts over the years. I enjoy the fact that there are constantly new and diverse challenges and that I get to explore and learn new things every day.”
Close Employee InformationAnja L. Sales Aachen, Germany
I love being part of a team that is creating innovative strategies and building solutions for the world’s biggest companies. We’re changing how people interact with the technology they use every day— like their car—and that’s an incredible feeling!
Working at Nuance
With more than 13,500 employees and 45 offices around the world, we strive to create an exciting, collaborative, and supportive work environment.Learn More
As a key member of our team, you will expand your technical skills exponentially, grow your professional network, and work alongside some of the best and brightest in the world!Learn More
- Tweets by NuanceHealth