Find Nuance jobs that match your profile.
Senior Principal Software EngineerApply Job ID 1-40655 Date posted 04/11/2019 Location Chengdu, China
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Automotive team…;intelligent systems now ready for the road. We are passionate about developing intelligent interfaces that enable people to talk to their cars, phones, devices, and other smart “things”.
The Nuance Cloud Services DEV team is responsible for designing and developing real-time, multi-modal, personal agent applications for some of the world’s largest phone, automobile and other smart devices manufacturers.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Principal Software Engineer to join a world-class team building server-side functionality that is at core of all Nuance's virtual agent applications powered by a diverse array of state-of-the-art technologies such as voice recognition, natural language understanding, big data, cloud computing, and more. The selected candidate will be responsible of developing and maintaining server-side components and frameworks, and have an impact on the evolution of a platform that is used by millions of users every day
Principal duties and responsibilities –
We are looking for a strong and motivated software technical leader. Your main responsibilities will be, however will not be limited to:
• Design, implement and support new and existing features and services in the Nuance Cloud Services (NCS) platform following an Agile Scrum process
• Lead junior and senior Developers on sophisticated technical solution
• Work on complex technical issues where analysis of situation requires in-depth evaluation of all sorts of technical/non-technical factors
• Select right technical methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results for the team he/she serves
• Collaborate with the QA engineers on test strategy definition
• Collaborate with the Deployment team on deployment and monitoring strategy
• Collaborate with the Doc team on official product documentation
• Help troubleshoot production issues (third level of support only)
Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing
Knowledge, skills and qualifications–
Education:BS/MS University degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, and Computer Engineering, or equivalent.
Minimum years of work experience:Senior Principal Software engineer, 12+ years of experience for MS, 14+ years for BS.
• Strong problem-solving skills and an insatiable desire to learn new technologies
• Advanced Java EE programming skills
• Rich hands-on experience in object oriented design & development
• Rich experience with mobile client/server software architecture and SOA (Service-oriented Architecture), and familiarity to various Java frameworks for cloud services.
• Hands-on involvement in a large project with high-scalability / high-availability requirements
• Good knowledge of Unix/Linux OS and networking fundamental
• Good knowledge of databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, Cassandra, etc.)
• Fluent in English, both written and spoken
• Team player and a desire to lead in complex technical tasks, and a desire to help others
Preferred skills:• Experience with Spring, Maven
• Familiarity with the "container ecosystem" e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
• Familiarity with monitoring technologies e.g. Graphite, ELK
• Experience with big data processing frameworks e.g. Hadoop/HBase, Storm, Spark
• Familiarity with Subversion, GitLab, Jira
• Scripting experience e.g. bash, shell, python
• Speech recognition industry experience
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
You have not viewed any jobs recently
I recently rejoined Nuance because I love having the privilege of working with a diverse team of nice and talent individuals to drive customer satisfaction. Having the flexibility within my role to get stuff done while maintaining a good work-life balance.Martin General Manager
I fell in love with Nuance especially the innovative platforms we create and we impact people’s lives. The work I do every day at Nuance makes a difference and I know when I go home that I truly did something meaningful and important.Vishnu Tech Support
I have been working in the Healthcare industry for close to 20 years and have marveled at how Nuance has been able to keep up with the industry changes and challenges. Every day I am challenged, and every day I make sure the customer comes first. The culture and employees at Nuance are wonderful. I am proud to work for such a dynamic and diverse company and I look forward to the future growth.Kristen Inside Sales
I work with some of the smartest colleagues in the industry to turn leading technology and innovative ideas into products and solutions that solve real life problems and have a positive impact on people. I love the flexibility of working.Martin Product Manager
Life at Nuance
We believe in an inclusive culture founded in innovation, life-long development, community impact, and flexible benefits programs so that you can be your best every day.Learn More
Industries we Serve
Nuance can develop industry-specific solutions for your businessLearn More
- Tweets by NuanceInc