Legal Counsel (German & French Speaker) - German or Austrian LawApply Location Dublin, Ireland; Vienna, Austria
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
The Legal Counsel’s role will support the International Healthcare business primarily in the D-A-CH region and elsewhere in the EMEA region, where required. The role will focus on drafting and negotiating complex commercial transactions (software licensing; SaaS offerings, professional services, SOWs, and data security agreements) involving cutting-edge healthcare technology solutions as part of a multi-disciplinary negotiation team consisting of sales, finance, operations, product managers, engineers, and data security experts, etc. Typical customers are Nuance resellers and distributors that supply healthcare technology solutions and direct customer hospitals in the D-A-CH region.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
• Drafting and negotiation of varied and complex software license, SaaS, professional services and data security agreements (including hosted service offering) with healthcare customers and large multinational distributors and resellers.
• Provide legal advice to sales department on a day-to-day basis.
• Close co-operation with revenue finance team, sales operations team and various members of Nuance’s business management team in the Nuance Healthcare Business Unit.
• Create contract templates and provide training to sales teams within the region.
• Occasional travel may be required.
• Provide advice and counsel to the Healthcare business team on the various legal issues and risks, business strategies, complex deal structures, approval processes, intellectual property and other issues related to technology transactions.
• Establish rapport and a good working relationship with management at all levels.
• Develop a thorough understanding of and familiarity with Nuance’s Healthcare business, its people, products, markets, customers and partners in order to identify trends and formulate effective strategies.
• Assist on other legal matters as needed/assigned
• Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing
Education:Fully qualified German or Austrian attorney (Essential)
Minimum years of work experience:Minimum of 2-5 years post qualification experience (although all candidates with relevant skills + new qualified lawyers are invited to apply)
Demonstrable knowledge and experience of handling complex commercial and technology transactions (ideally with a focus on software licensing, SaaS and related services).
• Experience of providing legal support to a sales team.
• Strong negotiation skills for the purpose of educating and persuading others, and negotiating contractual agreements. Ability to quickly understand business needs and act to influence and persuade others in a manner that protects the company and aids in meeting/exceeding our revenue targets and maintaining a competitive edge.
• Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad variety of legal matters.
• A non-hierarchical, collegial team-player who is comfortable operating in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment and used to very busy peak times at during Nuance quarter-end periods.
• Mature individual with good judgment who is pragmatic and solution oriented. A genuine business partner who will provide commercially-focused advice which balances appropriate legal risk management with the need to enable and support the business.
• Outstanding organizational and project management skills.
• Bright, self-confident, well-organized and proactive, flexible self-starter with "deal-closing" ability.
• Ability to influence major decisions having legal ramifications through reasoned analysis and business understanding.
• Demonstrable ability to understand technical issues quickly; possessing strong analytical and problem-solving skills and demonstrating a strong ability to prioritize.
• Self-confident yet affable, flexible and open-minded in working with a broad range of individuals/business disciplines.
• Negotiating experience with big players in the healthcare industry, especially with government healthcare providers, is desirable
• Sound knowledge of revenue recognition rules within the software industry preferred, but not essential.
• Experience working as an in-house lawyer in the IT sector is desirable.
* German language – Native or bilingual proficiency - (Essential)
* English language – Full professional proficiency - (Essential)
* French language - Full professional proficiency (Desirable)
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Our employees spend their days reinventing the relationship between people and technology. Join Nuance and help shape the future. Hear from members of our global team. Click profiles to learn more.
Close Employee InformationArvind K. R&D Pune, India
Innovation: Nuance is like a $2-billion start-up. There are so many things we are doing for the first time, but the scale is huge and the machinery is complex.
We are a matrix organization: It is challenging but very rewarding to build collaborations with stakeholders that are halfway around the world.
Impact: It boggles the mind to think that such a simple thing like software can not only change lives, but actually save lives. And finally, to paraphrase a quote from an unknown source: You have to be a little bit crazy to work at Nuance, but you have to be completely crazy to work anywhere else.
Close Employee InformationShauna D. Human Resources Burlington, United States
The global HR team is incredibly collaborative and creative. The work environment here at Nuance is diverse, dynamic - offering opportunities to challenge myself, while allowing me to have sound work-life balance.
Close Employee InformationVaidehi K. R&D Bangalore, India
“I like having the opportunity to work with different teams in Healthcare and I have been fortunate to make strong contacts over the years. I enjoy the fact that there are constantly new and diverse challenges and that I get to explore and learn new things every day.”
Close Employee InformationAnja L. Sales Aachen, Germany
I love being part of a team that is creating innovative strategies and building solutions for the world’s biggest companies. We’re changing how people interact with the technology they use every day— like their car—and that’s an incredible feeling!
Working at Nuance
With more than 13,500 employees and 45 offices around the world, we strive to create an exciting, collaborative, and supportive work environment.Learn More
As a key member of our team, you will expand your technical skills exponentially, grow your professional network, and work alongside some of the best and brightest in the world!Learn More
- Tweets by NuanceHealth