Privacy Counsel, EMEAApply Location Dublin, Ireland
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Nuance is seeking an in-house corporate counsel with experience in privacy and data security law to join its international headquarters in Dublin. As Privacy Counsel, you will advise on all aspects of privacy law compliance relevant to Nuance’s businesses in Ireland, the EU and the UK, including privacy impact assessments for projects involving EU and UK personal data and the development of privacy and security policies. You will also provide support to Nuance’s contract attorneys on privacy and data security issues. We are seeking an innovative, enthusiastic and creative junior to mid-level privacy attorney with 3-5 years of related experience. As a member of Nuance’s global privacy team, you will report to the Lead Privacy Counsel who is located in Burlington, Massachusetts, and will work closely with the 6-member commercial legal team in the Dublin office.
Principal duties and responsibilities -
- Serve as key legal advisor to Nuance on EU and UK privacy data protection law
- Provide guidance and support on global data privacy law
- Advise the business on legal requirements applicable to privacy of personal data processed by Nuance
- Assist in the legal response to privacy and data security incidents
- Advise on and assist with response to data subject rights requests
- Advise in-house commercial contracts lawyers regarding privacy, data use and data security issues
- Support the implementation and maintenance of a global corporate data privacy program
- Assist in provision of privacy and data security education and training
- Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing
Education:Law degree, admitted as a solicitor
Minimum years of work experience: 7 years
- Ability to practically and creatively assess and advise on legal and business risks
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Strong client relation skills
- Ability to work to deadlines and respond promptly as needed to client requirements
- Sense of humour and commitment to ethics and professionalism
- 7 + years of legal experience at a large to midsize law firm or within a large public company's corporate legal department
- 2-3 years of experience advising on relevant privacy law
- Good working knowledge of Irish, UK and EU privacy and data protection laws, including GDPR and the Irish and UK Data
- Protection Acts of 2018
- Experience in implementing or working within an in-house compliance program
- Experience working directly with management
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Our employees spend their days reinventing the relationship between people and technology. Join Nuance and help shape the future. Hear from members of our global team. Click profiles to learn more.
Close Employee InformationArvind K. R&D Pune, India
Innovation: Nuance is like a $2-billion start-up. There are so many things we are doing for the first time, but the scale is huge and the machinery is complex.
We are a matrix organization: It is challenging but very rewarding to build collaborations with stakeholders that are halfway around the world.
Impact: It boggles the mind to think that such a simple thing like software can not only change lives, but actually save lives. And finally, to paraphrase a quote from an unknown source: You have to be a little bit crazy to work at Nuance, but you have to be completely crazy to work anywhere else.
Close Employee InformationShauna D. Human Resources Burlington, United States
The global HR team is incredibly collaborative and creative. The work environment here at Nuance is diverse, dynamic - offering opportunities to challenge myself, while allowing me to have sound work-life balance.
Close Employee InformationVaidehi K. R&D Bangalore, India
“I like having the opportunity to work with different teams in Healthcare and I have been fortunate to make strong contacts over the years. I enjoy the fact that there are constantly new and diverse challenges and that I get to explore and learn new things every day.”
Close Employee InformationAnja L. Sales Aachen, Germany
I love being part of a team that is creating innovative strategies and building solutions for the world’s biggest companies. We’re changing how people interact with the technology they use every day— like their car—and that’s an incredible feeling!
Working at Nuance
With more than 13,500 employees and 45 offices around the world, we strive to create an exciting, collaborative, and supportive work environment.Learn More
As a key member of our team, you will expand your technical skills exponentially, grow your professional network, and work alongside some of the best and brightest in the world!Learn More
- Tweets by NuanceHealth