Senior Principal Product ManagerApply Location London, United Kingdom
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients.
Summary: As a Senior Principal Product Manager, United Kingdom for Nuance Healthcare, you will define, build, educate and own the Nuance UK market product strategy reporting to the Senior Director Healthcare International.
You will have an intricate understanding of the National Health Service (NHS), and the public and private Healthcare services across England, Ireland, Wales and Scotland. You will understand and educate Nuance executives, colleagues and peers on UK, and Ireland, Government healthcare initiatives in these regions as they apply to Nuance. You will work closely with the Senior Director Healthcare International, and other Nuance executives, to develop Nuance product strategy to achieve growth targets and company goals for the region.
This deep understanding of the market, will enable you to direct product strategy aligning customer needs, competitive advantage, industry trends and return on investment, contributing to strong growth results for Nuance from the region. You will ensure company values are reflected in Nuance products and services, including high regard for patient safety, improved patient outcomes and security of patient data.
You will be a passionate, agile, and innovative thinker, with a ‘can-do’ attitude, championing opportunities that differentiate Nuance from its competition and create standout benefits for our customers. You will be able to prioritize high value activities that contribute to our strategy, bringing ideas to reality through collaboration with Executive Leaders, Marketing, Sales, and R&D.
You will work with other Product Managers, Engineers, QA to appropriately design, and build platform solutions on time and on budget to meet the needs of healthcare provider professionals. This Sr. Principal Product Manager will need to speak to a wide range of business customers (size, industry, geography, personas) to understand the various requirements related to the user and work backwards to document customer requirements.
Working closely with the Senior Director of Healthcare International and other product managers across Lines-of-Business, you will be responsible for the entire lifecycle of key features and capabilities, delivered in an agile development environment. You will be responsible for managing, publishing and evangelizing your team’s product roadmaps, and shape its vision as part of the shared services portfolio. You will also be responsible for conducting market analysis that help drive requirements and deliver innovative solutions that delight our end users, including evaluating customer insights, drive product launch activities and ongoing market-facing support.
- Understand Market
• Be the market expert for the family of products for team and management
• Lead customer advisory board and in-field research, and coach team on best practices working with other applications product managers.
• Be current on 3rd party research and competitive analysis working with Marketing and Strategy Team
• Experience leading Product Strategy and Vision for a product line or portfolio
• ID new markets, solution opportunities across family of products and define business case with finance and strategy team
- Prioritize Problems
• Considered a product/solution expert in Healthcare technology and/or cloud platforms
• Lead, develop, and mentor others on business cases
• Prioritize roadmaps across product lines
• Collaborate with mid/sr. level leaders to drive cross-functional alignment around roadmaps and processes
• Be (and be recognized as) the pied piper for the cross-functional teams
• Experience building multi-year product plans based on new solution opportunities or new markets identified
- Design Solutions
• Lead all aspects of the GTM process for the family of products
• Drive a cross-functional team to a high quality and on-time release
• Experience managing new offerings, existing products and new innovations/challenge products
- Optimize Value
• Manage platform risk including regulatory, commercial, operational and financial risks
• Experience maximizing business opportunity, share-of-wallet and time-to-market by leading cross-functional alignment
- Manage the Business
• Drive end of life rationale and execution
• Manage clients from negative to positive at the senior level
• Experience in Team leadership, coaching and talent development
• Experience growing & Developing product managers, Inspiring & Empowering Others, Coaching & Feedback
Number of Years of Work Experience:
- 12+ years of demonstrated, successful product management, with progressively increasing responsibilities into Product Strategy over larger portfolio or product families
- 7+ years leading product teams.
- Background in healthcare technology in healthcare technology strongly preferred.
- Ability to create, understand, and justify financial business cases: TAM, SAM, SOM and other market-based metrics.
- Experience in creating and managing financial performance metrics: bookings revenues, margin across a portfolio.
- Experience defining, deploying and improving product management processes
- Experience in related technology spaces (SaaS, Cloud, computing platforms, DBs).
- Experience developing robust, customer-centric product and service requirements using Agile methodology, Confluence, JIRA or similar tools and processes.
- Excellent relationship skills, able to build rapport quickly and easily with domain experts.
- You will be multi-lingual, fluent in both French and English
- Experience in Application PaaS Platforms with speech recognition, natural language processing, and or machine learning. Experience with building products that integrate Virtual Assistants and machine learning and NLP technologies.
- A zeal for metrics/analysis to deliver on business objectives.
- Demonstrated history in creative/big thinking that resulted in revenue
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Technology, Engineering or Computer Science/MIS or Healthcare; MBA or MS required
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Our employees spend their days reinventing the relationship between people and technology. Join Nuance and help shape the future. Hear from members of our global team. Click profiles to learn more.
Close Employee InformationArvind K. R&D Pune, India
Innovation: Nuance is like a $2-billion start-up. There are so many things we are doing for the first time, but the scale is huge and the machinery is complex.
We are a matrix organization: It is challenging but very rewarding to build collaborations with stakeholders that are halfway around the world.
Impact: It boggles the mind to think that such a simple thing like software can not only change lives, but actually save lives. And finally, to paraphrase a quote from an unknown source: You have to be a little bit crazy to work at Nuance, but you have to be completely crazy to work anywhere else.
Close Employee InformationShauna D. Human Resources Burlington, United States
The global HR team is incredibly collaborative and creative. The work environment here at Nuance is diverse, dynamic - offering opportunities to challenge myself, while allowing me to have sound work-life balance.
Close Employee InformationVaidehi K. R&D Bangalore, India
“I like having the opportunity to work with different teams in Healthcare and I have been fortunate to make strong contacts over the years. I enjoy the fact that there are constantly new and diverse challenges and that I get to explore and learn new things every day.”
Close Employee InformationAnja L. Sales Aachen, Germany
I love being part of a team that is creating innovative strategies and building solutions for the world’s biggest companies. We’re changing how people interact with the technology they use every day— like their car—and that’s an incredible feeling!
Working at Nuance
With more than 13,500 employees and 45 offices around the world, we strive to create an exciting, collaborative, and supportive work environment.Learn More
As a key member of our team, you will expand your technical skills exponentially, grow your professional network, and work alongside some of the best and brightest in the world!Learn More
- Tweets by NuanceHealth