Find Nuance jobs that match your profile.
Senior R&D Developer - Handwriting - Computer VisionApply Job ID 1-39196 Date posted 04/11/2019 Location Lund, Sweden | Aachen, Germany
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology. Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Automotive team…;intelligent systems now ready for the road. We are passionate about developing intelligent interfaces that enable people to talk to their cars, phones, devices, and other smart “things”.
At Nuance Automotive, we’re futurists, re-imagining what’s possible at the intersection of humans, mobility and machines – then making it happen. If you’re ready to be a part of building and delivering the ultimate, future-ready mobility experience that is miles ahead of the competition, you should join us. Building on our deep expertise and unparalleled innovation, we are accelerating the pace of change and transforming the in-car cockpit. We’ve reimagined and redefined the mobility experience, creating a new standard that goes beyond driving to a connected and informed world. Today, we’re shrinking the gap between the driver and the automobile, transforming the machine into a natural extension of the human inside.
While we’re busy building the next generation of the in-car user experience, we’re also focused on the next step: spinning off from Nuance into a new, independent, publicly traded company that will be solely focused on the growing mobility assistant market and its adjacent opportunities – autonomous cars, smart cities, enhanced shared mobility, and more – that are on the horizon. Our new company will be a fast-moving, innovative organization that will use our 20-year history as a springboard to the next level. There’s never been a more exciting time to join Nuance Automotive.
Nuance offers an exciting opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer - R&D to develop and improve handwriting recognition systems for the transformative automotive industry.
The position requires strong mathematical skills to research the possible technology improvements in this field. Deep learning and computer vision skills are specifically interesting, especially if applied to pattern recognition. The position also requires strong programming skills to platform-independently implement the core technology to run efficiently in embedded products and to implement quality assurance programs.
The position is part of an existing small team of R&D engineers with a lot of experience in the field.
In the team you will:
- Research new or improved algorithm for handwriting recognition based on deep-learning technologies.
- Develop databases and data collection methods to add new or improve existing language support of existing or new handwriting recognition engines
- Develop handwriting recognition engines and databases to add support for completely new script
- Implement test programs, run tests, analyze results, file problem reports and investigate and solve issues
- Implement systems to automate training, testing, build, and release processes including big data management and deep learning
- Work in a process of test driven development under agile project management to carry out tasks listed above in close team collaboration
- Work in a large publicly traded multi-national tech company with ditto customers and follow the implied compliance and travel expectations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
You should have:
- PhD or Master of Science with equivalent experience in Applied Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science or similar
- Strong mathematical and algorithmic background
- Strong understanding of commercial embedded software development
- Proficiency with efficient platform-independent C programming for embedded targets
- Strong ability to solve complex problems
- Self-motivated with great ability to work independently as well as in collaboration with others
- Excellent written and oral communication ability in English
- Deep learning and computer vision skills , especially if applied to pattern recognition, and experience with relevant software packages (e.g. TensorFlow)
- Experience with Python, Perl, Make, Matlab and similar script languages
- Experience with big data management and distributed execution for product training, testing and service
- Experience with platform specific (e.g. Windows) GUI programming
- Experience with R&D supporting tools for source control (e.g. Git)
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
You have not viewed any jobs recently
I recently rejoined Nuance because I love having the privilege of working with a diverse team of nice and talent individuals to drive customer satisfaction. Having the flexibility within my role to get stuff done while maintaining a good work-life balance.Martin General Manager
I fell in love with Nuance especially the innovative platforms we create and we impact people’s lives. The work I do every day at Nuance makes a difference and I know when I go home that I truly did something meaningful and important.Vishnu Tech Support
I have been working in the Healthcare industry for close to 20 years and have marveled at how Nuance has been able to keep up with the industry changes and challenges. Every day I am challenged, and every day I make sure the customer comes first. The culture and employees at Nuance are wonderful. I am proud to work for such a dynamic and diverse company and I look forward to the future growth.Kristen Inside Sales
I work with some of the smartest colleagues in the industry to turn leading technology and innovative ideas into products and solutions that solve real life problems and have a positive impact on people. I love the flexibility of working.Martin Product Manager
Life at Nuance
We believe in an inclusive culture founded in innovation, life-long development, community impact, and flexible benefits programs so that you can be your best every day.Learn More
Industries we Serve
Nuance can develop industry-specific solutions for your businessLearn More
- Tweets by NuanceInc