Find Nuance jobs that match your profile.
Sr. Site Reliability EngineerApply Job ID 1-41115 Date posted 05/21/2019 Location Madison, Wisconsin
Nuance Communications, Inc. is the pioneer and leader in conversational AI innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. The company delivers solutions that understand, analyze and respond to human language, amplifying human intelligence. With decades of domain and artificial intelligence expertise, Nuance works with thousands of organizations – in healthcare, telecommunications, automotive, financial services, retail, and more – to create stronger relationships and better experiences for their customers.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients
Nuance Communications is looking for a talented individual with proven track record to take up an exciting role of a Sr. Site Reliability Engineer within its HealthCare R&D Unit. Our customers count on our applications and services to be fast, reliable and secure. The candidate will be working with a talented group of cross-functional individuals to plan, design and build various tools, systems and infrastructure that enables continuous integration, testing, monitoring, elasticity and delivery of products and solutions on our hosted cloud platform.
The candidate is currently a seasoned DevOps engineer, operations engineer, cloud engineer, or full-stack developer.
Minimum years of work experience: 5+ years
As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer you will:
* Use process and best practices to ensure the platform and applications are stable and performant.
* Keep the customer-facing applications and services always available
* Proactively identify hurdles to stability and implement self-healing and resiliency initiatives.
* Build and maintain tools that will help with day to day activities and orchestration of our cloud environments.
* Work to automate detection and resolution of recurring issues in the production environment.
* Participate in the Incident and Problem Management processes and assist the teams in ensuring proper RCAs are documented and follow-ups are delivered.
* Communicate with software engineers, QA engineers, product management and operations staff on a daily basis for sharing ideas, status on ongoing work and prioritizing future work.
* Implement Infrastructure as a service and Infrastructure as code practices wherever applicable.
* Stay up-to-date on relevant technologies internally as well as externally, plug into user groups, understand trends and opportunities to ensure we are using the best possible techniques and tools.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
* Experience working as a Site Reliability Engineer or a similar role operating a highly scalable and distributed platform.
* Experience with operating large-scale production systems in the Cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure).
* Experience with monitoring tools like Nagios, New Relic, Prometheus etc.
* Experience working in a Linux and Windows environment.
* Experience with scripting language like Python, Perl, PowerShell etc.
* Experience with SQL or equivalent language.
* Experience using source control systems such as GIT.
* Experience with configuration management systems like Chef, Puppet, Ansible or Salt etc.
* Experience working in an Agile environment.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
You have not viewed any jobs recently
I recently rejoined Nuance because I love having the privilege of working with a diverse team of nice and talented individuals to drive customer satisfaction. Having the flexibility within my role to get stuff done while maintaining a good work-life balance.Martin General Manager
I fell in love with Nuance especially the innovative platforms we create and we impact people’s lives. The work I do every day at Nuance makes a difference and I know when I go home that I truly did something meaningful and important.Vishnu Tech Support
I have been working in the Healthcare industry for close to 20 years and have marveled at how Nuance has been able to keep up with the industry changes and challenges. Every day I am challenged, and every day I make sure the customer comes first. The culture and employees at Nuance are wonderful. I am proud to work for such a dynamic and diverse company and I look forward to the future growth.Kristen Inside Sales
I work with some of the smartest colleagues in the industry to turn leading technology and innovative ideas into products and solutions that solve real life problems and have a positive impact on people. I love the flexibility of working.Martin Product Manager
Life at Nuance
We believe in an inclusive culture founded in innovation, life-long development, community impact, and flexible benefits programs so that you can be your best every day.Learn More
Industries we Serve
Nuance can develop industry-specific solutions for your businessLearn More
- Tweets by NuanceInc