Find Nuance jobs that match your profile.
Principal Systems Engineer R&DApply Job ID 1-39737 Date posted 09/19/2019 Location Burlington, Massachusetts
Nuance Communications, Inc. is the pioneer and leader in conversational AI innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. The company delivers solutions that understand, analyze and respond to human language, amplifying human intelligence. With decades of domain and artificial intelligence expertise, Nuance works with thousands of organizations – in healthcare, telecommunications, automotive, financial services, retail, and more – to create stronger relationships and better experiences for their customers.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients
The Interop Principal Systems Engineer/ Architect will be responsible for engaging with partners both, internal to Nuance and strategic vendors, to ensure the smooth integration and operation of the Dragon Suite of products in the Healthcare client base. To establish and promote the benefits of partner and client collaboration, work together to create test environments, and work through any issues that arise.
The ideal candidate for this role has a strong background with Nuance Dragon product offerings, design and implementation of integrated systems in a healthcare environment, and proven aptitude to resolve issues with tightly integrated environments. Seeking a strong team player, with critical/analytical thinking, outstanding communication and customer service skills, with the ability to lead efforts within a matrix organization stay on task when working independently.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Conduct regular collaboration meetings with key partners to keep lines of communication open for any issues that arise and to continually nurture the relationship.
- Create and maintain test environments for Nuance-partner collaboration, including consulting with partners, performing installation and in-depth troubleshooting
- System architectural and workflow design as well as component specification.
- Interacting with our partners and internal teams to solicit system-level technical requirements and resolve technical issues.
- Environmental requirements/prerequisites
- Software installation, configuration, and validation
- Create and maintain technical documentation on Nuance-partner product interdependencies and deployment options and constraints
- Work with the teams to create and document implementation procedures; producing high quality technical documentation
- Sufficient knowledge of Healthcare IT operations, responsibilities, workflow processes, and procedures to resolve most technical inquiries independently.
- Serve as an escalation point for partners and Nuance teams for difficult compatibility problems and complex inquiries.
- Provide advanced technical support via telephone, email and site visits to ensure timely response to queries, resolution of problems, and reporting/escalation of unresolved issues.
- Act as cross functional program team representative; gathering and disseminating information to and from product development and engineering teams.
- Other duties as assigned
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field from an accredited four-year university.
Minimum years of work experience: 5-7 years of professional experience as a Network or Systems Architect/Engineer responsible or the implementation and maintenance of highly integrated systems
Must possess professional experience in the installation, configuration, management and performance monitoring of Microsoft Windows based applications and components.
- Programming/ scripting languages with Python, Perl, Bash, PowerShell, C# or C++
- Work on project timelines
- QA/ Test automation
- Virtualization technologies for both Application virtualization as well as server virtualization using Citrix, Vmware.
- Security, Active Directory, Single Sign-On
- Unix /DOS/Windows proficient
- SQL, MSI, push technologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with processes and methodology associated with design, documentation, transition and implementation/integration of systems in a healthcare environment and production experience with Electronic Health Record Systems (EHR/EMR); highly desirable.
- Programming and scripting experience highly desirable
- Experience with the Dragon Product Suite
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
You have not viewed any jobs recently
I recently rejoined Nuance because I love having the privilege of working with a diverse team of nice and talented individuals to drive customer satisfaction. Having the flexibility within my role to get stuff done while maintaining a good work-life balance.Martin General Manager
I fell in love with Nuance especially the innovative platforms we create and we impact people’s lives. The work I do every day at Nuance makes a difference and I know when I go home that I truly did something meaningful and important.Vishnu Tech Support
I have been working in the Healthcare industry for close to 20 years and have marveled at how Nuance has been able to keep up with the industry changes and challenges. Every day I am challenged, and every day I make sure the customer comes first. The culture and employees at Nuance are wonderful. I am proud to work for such a dynamic and diverse company and I look forward to the future growth.Kristen Inside Sales
I work with some of the smartest colleagues in the industry to turn leading technology and innovative ideas into products and solutions that solve real life problems and have a positive impact on people. I love the flexibility of working.Martin Product Manager
Life at Nuance
We believe in an inclusive culture founded in innovation, life-long development, community impact, and flexible benefits programs so that you can be your best every day.Learn More
Industries we Serve
Nuance can develop industry-specific solutions for your businessLearn More
- Tweets by NuanceInc