Find Nuance jobs that match your profile.
Software EngineerApply Job ID 1-41679 Date posted 07/03/2019 Location Merelbeke, Belgium
Today, we have some exciting news to share, as we officially announce the name of Nuance’s upcoming Automotive spin-off: Cerence! Upon spinning off from Nuance on October 1, our Automotive team will begin a new journey as Cerence, a pure-play, next-generation automotive software company fully focused on providing intelligent mobility solutions to our customers. “Cer” that rhymes with “air,” “ence” that rhymes with “sense,” Cerence is a new word for a new company. Visit cerence.com to follow along with our journey!
As a Software Engineer you will be part of a team which develops a state-of-the-art speech recognition system for embedded and cloud recognition targeted primarily at the automotive market.
Your duties involve writing, designing and improving C/C++ code for core algorithms and data structures as well as writing tools in Python to work with the system. You will also assist users in detecting and solving issues.
- Write C/C++ code for the speech recognizer core and SDK.
- Understand the basics of modern speech recognition systems.
- Work out concepts into product grade code together with the research team.
- Create tools to evaluate the performance of the system.
- Make tools to construct data for the speech recognition system.
- Maintain and add tests and the continuous integration system.
Minimum years of work experience: 0; ideally relevant experience during studies, project work, and internships.
- Good understanding of the C/C++ programming languages and their ecosystem.
- Used to write code with attention to readability, speed and memory usage.
- Good English language skills both written and spoken.
- Team player, communicates effectively with team members, does not hesitate to ask for help, but also shares experience and knowledge with team members.
- Self-organizer, must be willing to estimate effort and give time lines
Any of the below would be nice to have:
- Good debugging and problem finding skills.
- Experience with embedded software, operating systems, and software development.
- Experience with multiple processor architectures (ARM/Intel) and operating systems (Linux/Windows).
- Good insight into computer hardware and architecture and their relation to performance.
- Experience with setting up continuous integration and development: build automation, source control (git etc.) and modern software testing practices.
- Experience with modern agile development processes (Scrum, Kanban, ...).
- Experience with parallel asynchronous programming
- Knowledge of one or more scripting languages
Education: Bachelor or graduate University degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science or equivalent
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
You have not viewed any jobs recently
I recently rejoined Nuance because I love having the privilege of working with a diverse team of nice and talented individuals to drive customer satisfaction. Having the flexibility within my role to get stuff done while maintaining a good work-life balance.Martin General Manager
I fell in love with Nuance especially the innovative platforms we create and we impact people’s lives. The work I do every day at Nuance makes a difference and I know when I go home that I truly did something meaningful and important.Vishnu Tech Support
I have been working in the Healthcare industry for close to 20 years and have marveled at how Nuance has been able to keep up with the industry changes and challenges. Every day I am challenged, and every day I make sure the customer comes first. The culture and employees at Nuance are wonderful. I am proud to work for such a dynamic and diverse company and I look forward to the future growth.Kristen Inside Sales
I work with some of the smartest colleagues in the industry to turn leading technology and innovative ideas into products and solutions that solve real life problems and have a positive impact on people. I love the flexibility of working.Martin Product Manager
Life at Nuance
We believe in an inclusive culture founded in innovation, life-long development, community impact, and flexible benefits programs so that you can be your best every day.Learn More
Industries we Serve
Nuance can develop industry-specific solutions for your businessLearn More
- Tweets by NuanceInc